Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

[New Video Added] Reizoko's Power Siphon Cast on Critical Strike Build

My ideas for more survivbility

Using EB+MOM
and IR with Grace/clarity as the auras. Might even be able to run Arctic armour with enough regen

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEfgX5CGcOSBGWFfAZihrbI_YmlSepKaUtgzGeMgk1kjpYOyhGcUp9SoxKyE3jTipQQlM1VUtWLVb6V4daSFpSW69b9F3yYENjQ2egbEZtbG17bj1uqm-ecFJw1XJsfXV_xoCugwmHGYd2iPGMNpcGm12btZ2jogSiLqKjplenNKiaqW6sWax_tAy1SLXyu-PB88M6xKLKStN-1QDdDeOE51TuDu_w8pf5Y_rv_Kv8xf6P_ro=

I'm wondering how much of a issue is accuracy?
Getting IR is an option, personally I don't like that Keystone though. Probably a good choice for Hardcore players.

I think my hit chance is 88% with only 20% Accuracy from the passiv tree. I have quite a bit of Accuracy on my gear, though. Not a problem at all I'd say.

Also, I noticed a flaw in the tree you linked. In the Ranger tree, you took 2 dex nodes to get from the crit cluster down to the 8-8-12 life cluster. You could instead just take the one dex node below Finesse and have one spare point.
How does this build deal with reflect mobs when you proc crit on them?
IGN: Sudoku
I never had any problems with reflect at all.
170 dps Wand with 4% Lifeleech is enough to not die to reflect.
"
Reizoko wrote:
The whole reason why I use Power Siphon is because it's a convinient way to get Power Charges and because of the high base crit of Wands. No idea how to reliably get Power Charges without Power Siphon.
Also, why use Arc when you can shock with Lightning Strike? I would also drop Chain, I don't think it helps a lot for your buid. Rather get Elemental Equilibrium and some non-lightning spell(s).

I'm actually running this as a Shadow not a Scion, so Elemental Equilibrium is out of the question for me.

I was attempting to run via ES (gear requirements are killing me), so I will have to respec about 10 points to Health with Eldritch to get my power siphon wand up and running.

Suspect I will be running Power Siphon + GMP + CoCS + Arc + Fireball instead of LS build.

I like Arc because I don't always find the targeting of the Cast on Critical Strike to 100% effective. Sometimes, I see FB flying off in random directions. Arc avoids that.

Going to start pumping my Critical Multiplier now so I will see if I have any trouble with reflect and will report.

As a single target, I have been attempting to run a crit Fireball with Inc Critical Damage and Elemental Proliferation so that I get burn up on the main target and any leftovers.

Rr
Why do you not take Path of the Warrior next to the scion life circle? I would think it since it gives some flat health and physical damage, it would work both for leveling up and later on when you switch to physical wand.
Alright, huge theory crafting incoming.

I disagree with the part of your build that goes into the ranger tree. Going down to the ranger tree into the projectile mastery section gives you:

90% life
50% crit chance
30% crit multiplier
1% life per second
15% projectile damage
20% projectile speed
8% attack speed
20% accuracy
110 dex
20 int

for 26 points.

Instead of doing this, you can get:
35% crit chance
68% life
3% attack speed
4% movement speed
40 str
50 dex
10 int
20 life
12% increase phys damage
-40% spell crit multiplier
for 16 points.

The stats might look a little wierd because I traded the 40% spell crit multiplier node for Path of the Warrior, which I find odd you didn't get for the small amounts of life.

The changes I made to get the stats are in this tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YIZw5IEZYVIBa_JDwmlSepKk0xnjIJNZI2ezrhOyg_J0k7SVFKjErITeNQQlM1VUtWLVeHWlJabV76YENh4mKsY0NsFmxGbWxte249bqpvnnBScmx_xoCugh6DCYPbh9uI8Yw2j_qbXZu1naOdqqIEoi6io6ZXpzSnXKiaqW6sWax_tKO1SLXywFHB88M6ykrOcdad2wvjhOdj8kXyl_Pq-u_8S_yr_gr-jw==

Now, you have 10 points left over while not losing too much. The life decrease can seem like a problem, however, you can spend 6 points to get to the 8-8-18 life nodes. Now you would have 102% life, which still leaves you with 4 points.

These 4 points can go into a variety of things.

You can get either
20 mana, 40 int, 1 power charge (essentially 50% more crit chance) by going into the area above the witch,
or
36% accuracy, 20 dex, 12% projectile damage, and 20 evasion by taking the nodes to the right side of the scion.

I think going this path is both more efficient and grants a lot more flexibility to your build.

Let me know what you think, or if there's any problem with my math.
"
jbro212 wrote:
Why do you not take Path of the Warrior next to the scion life circle? I would think it since it gives some flat health and physical damage, it would work both for leveling up and later on when you switch to physical wand.

I agree that it is indeed a good node, but I don't think it is essential for the build. My build is done at 96 points, which is about lvl 77 I think. Path of the Warrior would be one of the first nodes I would take once you are past that level (actually I'm level80 and still didn't get it, but it's on the list).

Ok, let me compare:

-22% life
-15% crit chance
-70% crit multiplier (40% of that being for spells)
-1% life per second
-3% attack damage (Wand gains the physical bonus, but spells don't)
-15% spell damage (as spells, as long as they are projectiles like fireball, gain the 15% projectile damage)
-20% projectile speed (doesn't matter though, no real loss here)
-5% attack speed
-20% accuracy
-60 dex
-10 int
+40 str
+20 life
+4% movement speed

Those are the stats I would gain/lose, but I had 10 points spare.
I agree that taking the 8-8-18 life cluster and Accuracy is the best way to use those points, so that would bring us to:
+12% life
+16% accuracy
+9% attack damage
-3% spell damage
+20 evasion
-40 dex

To sum things up let's compare what we would gain as opposed to what we would lose.

+12% life
+16% accuracy
+9% attack damage
+20 evasion
+20 life
+40 str
+4% movement speed

vs

-15% crit chance
-70% crit multiplier
-1% life per second
-3% spell damage
-20% projectile speed
-5% attack speed
-40 dex
-10 int

-15% crit chance is easily compensatable with one more point.
-70% crit multiplier is HUGE. Especially if you use Ice Spear, as that spell will crit most of the time.
-1% life per second isn't that huge of a deal, but would be nice to have.
-3% spell damage won't make a huge difference.
-20% projectile speed doesn't matter
-5% attack speed is a minimal loss.
-40 dex and -10 int don't matter too much either.

Overall, crit is where it's at. Losing 70% multiplier is huge. However, you can easily get 40% spell crit multiplier back by just taking that node. Which would bring us to -30%, which is still quite a bit, but not as bad.

Ok, let's have a look at what matters out of the stats we gain:

+12% life is pretty nice
+16% accuracy is nice aswell
+9% attack damage is ok, but won't change too much.
+20 evasion, +20 life, +40 str, +4% movementspeed are nice, but not major changes.

To sum it up, we would basically trade crit chance and crit multiplier for life and accuracy (+ all the minor changes).

I honestly don't know which one I like better. Your version might be better in the long run, seeing as you can easily get the lost crit chance back with one point and there's a crit damage cluster near Eldritch Battery.
Last edited by Reizoko on Nov 27, 2013, 10:56:12 PM
Cool, thanks for the feedback. There's a bunch of crit multiplier nodes near the top, which I thought can be picked up if necessary. Doing so would require more points though, and probably would be better for either higher levels, or softcore where you can give up some life nodes for damage.

Just a quick question though. In this build, is wand physical damage not as important as other builds? Because honestly, the reason I started theorycrafting was because I'm a damage loving guy, and I really wanted to get the wand nodes like Fusilade wayyyy to the left side. (I'm playing Nemesis, level 48 right now.) Also, I'm assuming the reason that you need so much mana is because of all the spells you cast. About how much max mana do you need to run this build successfully?
Getting to Fusillade seems hard and not as good of an option. It's pretty far and the Elemental Damage with Wands nodes right before Fusillade don't do anything for this build.

Physical Damage in this build does two things:
- Enabler to use life leech and mana leech on gear
- Single target damage

So physical damage is important to an extent, but most of the dps will always be by spells.

By the way the spells don't cost mana if they are cast by the Cast on Crit gem. That being said, if you attack roughly 4 times a second and every attack costs 40ish mana, you will need quite a bit of mana regeneration (and 2ish% mana leech on gear).
Max mana isn't as important as mana regen. But mana regen in this game scales with mana, so more mana also means more mana regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info