Offline Mode

"
Boem wrote:
Op the game will get an offline mode in 2035 ore something. I hope your a patient fellow.

2035?

Always online is an important feature as we learned from Blizzard:

"
Without it, they are throwing out innumerable babies with this bathwater, and the sacrifice is to prevent something that's happening anyway, and was never a great barrier in the first place.

Thats fine let them throw the babies in the water out, we dont, at all, need offline mode.
In other games - you get a cookie whether you win or lose. PoE not only takes your fuckin' cookie and eats it in front of you, it slaps you upside the fuckin head a few times for bringing a cookie in the first place.
Last edited by RedBeardBD on Dec 7, 2013, 8:36:58 AM
As someone who lives in South Africa, I almost always have to deal with lag due to the distance from even the closest servers (I should stress that no matter how good my internet connection is, it is currently physically impossible to have a pristine connection to the europe gateway). Having said that, an offline mode/version would be amazing as I wouldn't have to deal with the constant latency issues.
Online only is basically DRM/anti piracy and what's keeps computer game companies in business

If there was an off line 99.9 of all copies out there would end up being pirated versions with no income for GGG
"
mrjonno wrote:
Online only is basically DRM/anti piracy and what's keeps computer game companies in business

If there was an off line 99.9 of all copies out there would end up being pirated versions with no income for GGG

Strong bumps from the last 2 posts.

I smell necro?
IGN: Remi_D
As much as I want a offline version of the game only for myself so i could mod the hell out my char and droprates of items just to see how OP I could be :D, It will not happen end of story
Closed Beta Member.
Using Diablo 2 hacks to get any gear quickly made that game unplayable.

Oh, now I have the full Trang-Oul's Avatar....now what?

But to the OP's post.

It will not happen if/until GGG decide that they are done with the game, and even then they may decide to not release it.

Why?

An offline game will take considerable cost to create with no guarantee of getting that returned through sales.

It will split development and support into two camps, since the source code is different, basically doubling the effort to create patches, updates, new content, new items etc etc.

An offline mode would AT BEST generate a small amount of income from initial sales, but quickly become s millstone around GGG's neck as they work to maintain two products.

It goes against the vision behind the game.

AND

It has been explicitly stated on many occasions that it won't happen.

Now can this whole topic just die please?

IGN: Kulde
"
mrjonno wrote:

Misinformation at its finest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info