Offline Mode

For GGG.

If ingame exploiters and HACKERS are your concern - Then you could hire some moderaters or an anti cheat mechanism like other games, including Runescape, which will immediately spot on those, who tend to exploit or hack the game. If other game moderaters and admins are quick to spot on those kind of players, what is your excuse for this then?
"
The1stmage wrote:
For GGG.

If ingame exploiters and HACKERS are your concern - Then you could hire some moderaters or an anti cheat mechanism like other games, including Runescape, which will immediately spot on those, who tend to exploit or hack the game. If other game moderaters and admins are quick to spot on those kind of players, what is your excuse for this then?

Nice necro there.No.
Bye bye desync!
Even if I really like the idea of offline and moddable games, it will never happen. The integrity of the game depends on it being online. Also, their economic model depends on it being online. It would be much simpler for the comunity to create custom weapon effects / skins for their character and people would have no reason to purchase any mtx anymore(I agree they could sell the online version, but they would probably have to sell expensions too...).

I just hope that if and when the game cannot be sustained economically they will release the server applications so that the community can keep the game alive after them. Just that would be really awesome.
"
Renahud wrote:
Even if I really like the idea of offline and moddable games, it will never happen. The integrity of the game depends on it being online. Also, their economic model depends on it being online. It would be much simpler for the comunity to create custom weapon effects / skins for their character and people would have no reason to purchase any mtx anymore(I agree they could sell the online version, but they would probably have to sell expensions too...).

I just hope that if and when the game cannot be sustained economically they will release the server applications so that the community can keep the game alive after them. Just that would be really awesome.

I'm pretty sure that if "the community can keep the game alive" that GGG could too. They might have to cut development, but they can keep the servers up so long as the community supports that.
The way I look at it, is if GGG state (or Chris did) that they do not do any sort of offline mode, or release server code so people could run their own closed servers, because of integrity of the server code (Hackers figuring out how the server code worked), then surely, any clued up person could do that with just a packet sniffer on the client now.

That is unless the comms via the internet are encrypted. Are they ?

GGG could release a server code, and it wouldnt take much modifying to make it work, given the number of executable protection systems available, like Thermida.

As far as I am aware, The latest Thermida is not cracked. Heck, Hackers use Thermida to protect from dis-assembly of their hacks. (That, or winlicence).

If GGG wanted to they could, but if they dont want to, they wont.

Would solve a fair amount of the bloody lag on their servers.
Last edited by iamnotspock on Oct 11, 2014, 8:07:40 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Competitive monopoly (yes, that is an actual thing) and chess both have officials present during competitions to ensure rules aren't broken. Can't have a competition without rules, and can't have rules without enforcement.

Well, PoE is not competitive.. And if it was, say a PvP Ladder, that would also have to be on server-side anyways.

Also, I don't understand the arguing... People who cheat in games know what they are doing and that they ruin their experience. People who dont want to cheat will not cheat.
Rip Mjölner
NECRO

I wish they would just make an offline version and sell it at $60, you can still update it...
I would pay for it x5 and give to people I know.
I would be able to play without awful desync
I would be able to play while seeding my ~8k torrents
I would be able to play, probably, awesome mods with actual interesting plot.

If this game was offline, it would solve 99% of the issues that are pretty game breaking. Their awful attempts at fixing the "online" experience.

I would also love to be able to travel while playing it, wherever, internet or not. It's a fantastic game but I can hardly afford to play it when I really want to kill some time with it.
Why bother preventing your game being hacked when it is already being hacked anyway. Just make an off9 version. Just let people hack or whatever.
"
choopk1993 wrote:
Why bother preventing your game being hacked when it is already being hacked anyway. Just make an off9 version. Just let people hack or whatever.

Post link to some juicy teleport, godmode and /kill target hacks, would make Dominus farming way easier :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
choopk1993 wrote:

Post link to some juicy teleport, godmode and /kill target hacks, would make Dominus farming way easier :)

Option to hack is entirely up to the person. People who hacks doesn't bother me at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info