Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

this gave me a boner.
Stay away from the shadhoes, they bite.
They would just make the game MADE OUT OF MONEY... NOT OF THE TRADITIONAL BARTER SYSTEM.
HALOOO!

IGN: KingOfLances -- Domination League
I don't think it is a good idea to further split the user group.
This game is too complicated for most of the Asia players, they would prefer easier, simpler and pay-to-win games. The remaining Asian players who love this game would like to join the larger community instead of a small SEA party.

My suggestion if you want to make the game more friendly to Asians, is to create a Chinese translation of the game (some Taiwan forum is doing it on each patch), and a Chinese sub-forum (well I don't sure if it is necessary), may be a Chinese Trade chat channel is nice also

But please, DON'T make a separate server

Edit: Discussion on SEA server on TW forum (Chinese):
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=18966&snA=15709&tnum=14
Master 8: All
CyclERa 93 TS/Puncture, CyclEWS 89 LL-ST
thread /463641 GMT+8
Last edited by Cycl3 on Nov 4, 2013, 11:38:00 PM
I dont like this at all. :-(

From my experience any time you separate versions with different publishers the game suffers greatly. No one wants a fractured game. Especially one that has different content "appropriate" for each region. It never ends well.

While I am excited for GGG, I'm terrified for the future of the game. PoE is expanding too fast and too much. :-(
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Thanks for the confirmation that the Path of Exile worldwide client will not be locked out for users from this affected region. Quite a number of us have spent a considerable amount of effort, time and even money on the "real" version of PoE and would rather not be shoehorned into some regional offshoot.

Here are some concerns I forsee by running 2 separate versions of the game:

-Real-life friends locked away from each other's versions as they might only wish to participate and progress in their own respective chosen versions.

-Existing PoE players unwilling to transition to a fresh start from the regional versions having already accrued ingame progress in the form of gear, characters, achievement, challenges and race event standings.

-Remaining credit/GGG points in the main client that cannot be transferable to the Garena version

-Out of sync (desynced?) patches from main version and regional version where patches of the regional version may come in weeks or months after the official PoE build.

-Regional flavour added to the game in terms of out-of-place cosmetics, events and artwork that don't blend in well with the original vision of the game. Imagine the Witch in a schoolgirl uniform being sold for 200 GGG points simply because the region desires it.

-Possibility of a Singapore gateway shutdown/lockout upon release date of the regional version, forcing existing players to either start anew via Garena or tolerate a downgrade in connectivity performance by opting to play on the remaining America/Euro/Aus gateways.

I can't vouch for Garena's track record here having tried none of the games on their service, but this seems to be a pretty unpopular decision amongst the PoE fans who have already supported your cause from Day 1.
Does this company dispel your fears of RMT farming? I imagine that has to be a huge consideration in entering the East Asian market.
Last edited by jcmjx on Nov 4, 2013, 11:33:39 PM
This is actually sad...

here in the Philippines Garena sucks big time... League of legends servers are the worst. Milking the players money through skins while not upgrading the serves. I just hope they don't desecrate Path of Exile.

If you read this Chris I hope they don't screw path of exile. I'm a really big fan of the game.
Chris i have a question.
What type of change sea server POE will go through? As far as i can tell in Garena League of legends any one can reach level 30 with xp boost and free skin very easily. Are we going to see increase item drop or xp boost in garena POE?
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
Why... Them asians will ruin the economy.
IGN: Reynold_Hawke
Congrats on your new partnership with Garena!!! Another country down, next country to go. PoE will be a household name soon and everybody will know about Path of Exile is with just it's acronym. NO MORE EDGAR ALLEN POE RESULTS!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info