Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

I've not read the entire thread. When this new server launches, what will happen to player accounts which are in the SEA region but are already playing in the global server?

By the way, creating a Chinese language translated client but allowing them to be on the same server will, without a doubt, result in disaster and racial slurs. Thanks to the language diversity in the SEA region, the respective speakers tend to flood their particular language as a show of dominance.

I sincerely hope that GGG did not give Garena rights to change pricing or even make changes to game mechanics or assets. Garena has a history of milking players for money and as far as servers are concerned, their flagship LOL and HON games are prone to lag spikes from the start till now.
Last edited by SirVash on Nov 11, 2013, 10:23:58 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:

Re: Already here players.

"
Secondly, Garena understand that we have existing users who play in territories that Garena will represent us in, and that those users may continue to want to play on the worldwide realm that we control. These users will not be IP restricted - they'll be able to continue playing Path of Exile on our servers just like they do right now.

Chris EXPLICITLY addressed that point in the OP.

You didn't have to read the whole thread, just the OP.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
CrimsonSoulZ wrote:
The worst possible news I have heard. Please for the love of god GGG. Why in the world did you guys pick Garena to be your publisher? These guys are one of the worst companies in Asia that cannot be trusted whatsoever. They will be the reason your game is going to be region locked hard (Because of them, League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth are region blocked, and almost impossible in the Asian region due to improper server management) and they will be the ones that will suck the moneys out of players.

Please. I have been a Garena user for few years and I have seen them NOT doing their jobs properly in terms of pricing and how the games work. It's just bad and pure bad.

Sadly I have to concur with this.
I'm speaking as someone who was voluntarily moderating the forums(and spent approximately 3k sgd over the same time period) for league of legends singapore and malaysia for a couple of years, the staff almost always ignore the emmissaries, and we were/are regularly left to pick up the pieces when they screw up, we had a meeting in person with them, and they basically ignored every piece of feedback.
They also go back on their words fairly consistently.
I'd stay as far away from garena as possible.
Ign: Elestrasza(Anarchy)/YoloSparkler(Standard)
Last edited by Elestrasza on Nov 12, 2013, 7:09:48 AM
Thank you Archwizard. Read the OP, not sure how I missed that. I attribute it to the sinking feeling when I saw the thread title.
Last edited by SirVash on Nov 12, 2013, 9:10:47 AM
I'm hesitant to start again from Garena servers, loosing friends, and separated realm.

Should have just make them a payment/transaction partner so we can accessibly buy from South East Asia region, and we wouldn't be separated from GGG servers.
PHP Guild - Philippines
"
"
nieth79 wrote:
You guys are wrong. The undefeated champion of the gaming suck is EA. garena is the first runner up.

I'll put it this way - i live in Singapore, i do not wish to play on garena, if i have a choice i will be staying with what it is now, if i am forced to play over garena - i will simply not play at all.

(after all who wants to play with a million 'ni hao farmers'? remember the D2 Asia realm? You do not see anything but 'ni hao' all day long)

if you are not a chinese,there will be no problem. i wont mind the you said the words "ni hao farmer". you also can simply ignore the words below.

但如果你是华人,我希望你还看得懂汉字。我想说,不要觉得说英语就高人一等,主动放弃母语改说英语,这种事只有新加坡的华人干得出来。舔腚眼子不光荣,不要一副狗仗人势优越感十足的样子,好吗?

This has nothing to do with "being superior because we know English". The problem lies in too much "ni hao" greetings being spammed. Additionally, Singapore would not be where it is today if the Chinese language was made the primary language or first language.
"Garena is an excellent publisher for these regions".....

Please atleast get some user feedback/survey from ppl who actually used garena before blatantly claimed the statement above.

Garena = crap

nuff said.
IGN : HornyNinja

There's nothing in the world that cant be solved by a console master code and a broadsword +1.
Last edited by cpchua on Nov 14, 2013, 1:32:23 PM
Is there any options to transfer accounts over to Southeast Asia?
Garena is doing a good job so far.

Their 3rd party program prevents the use of multiclient and ahk macros. This makes their hardcore mode far more hardcore than our current hardcore leagues.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Sounds really awesome! Glad for you guys!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info