[1.0.X] [Witch/Templar] Multiple discharge + cast on damage + cast on stun = AFK mass destruction

Great build :) Now how long till Kripp does something similar, streams it to the world, and gets it nerfed to hell?

reserved
Awesome Post!
I wondering how to do level up your character?
also if you tell us what are the order of putting skill points in the passive tree would be SUPER helpful!
And what were your bandit awards?
"
PabloTaco wrote:
Great build :) Now how long till Kripp does something similar, streams it to the world, and gets it nerfed to hell?

Well, it is already in nerfed form :).

Trigger gems were nerfed in 1.0.0 (250 ms CD on CwDT quick fix the next day after this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8TZlcP3X4),

in 1.0.1 (CwDT linked gems level limit),

in 1.0.2 (CwS 250 ms CD).

This build works only solo (untill a 'taunt' skill comes out), and I saw Willywonka making a strawpoll where trigger gem build lost to others. So the build doesn't seem useful for streamers.
"
7hei00 wrote:
Awesome Post!
I wondering how to do level up your character?
also if you tell us what are the order of putting skill points in the passive tree would be SUPER helpful!
And what were your bandit awards?

Level a spell crit witch, then switch go CI, then experiment and decide to go either cold crit (cold damage and cast speed nodes for freeze pulse + GMP) or discharge (go all the way to take Vaal Pact). If you choose discharge, then using gear and gem setup for this buid enables it.

Rewards are quite obvious: point-point-charge. Which charge to take is up to you, I took endurance because I use Voll's Devotion amulet.
I just respecced my lvl 60 witch into this last night. Holy cow it is funny. I just waltzed right through act 2 and the pyramid (pyramid had always been a challenge with ALL my other characters). I did die to Vaal twice though. I thought my lvl 83 IF facebreaker had a fast clear speed. It's nothing compared to this (although it's better against single bosses)
"
robble wrote:
I just respecced my lvl 60 witch into this last night. Holy cow it is funny. I just waltzed right through act 2 and the pyramid (pyramid had always been a challenge with ALL my other characters). I did die to Vaal twice though. I thought my lvl 83 IF facebreaker had a fast clear speed. It's nothing compared to this (although it's better against single bosses)

Glad to hear that this build works at lower levels too!

Just recorded a video to show how it works in maps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmnuFYl3iL0

Hey I rerolled a new character and following this guide. Well it is more like a guideline, but it is really helpful to get the concept of a discharger. But I have one question about the links:

Does this actually fire two Ice Spear Gems?

Cwdt/Cws - Ice Spear - Ice Spear - GMP.

Because I actually don't see this working. Maybe it overlaps with eachother or so?
"
Hey I rerolled a new character and following this guide. Well it is more like a guideline, but it is really helpful to get the concept of a discharger. But I have one question about the links:

Does this actually fire two Ice Spear Gems?

Cwdt/Cws - Ice Spear - Ice Spear - GMP.

Because I actually don't see this working. Maybe it overlaps with eachother or so?

Yes, it will fire both gems for 10 spears.
Last edited by robble on Dec 14, 2013, 3:21:38 PM
"
Redzor wrote:
"
robble wrote:

Glad to hear that this build works at lower levels too!

Just recorded a video to show how it works in maps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmnuFYl3iL0

I waltzed through act 3 at lvl 62-63 too. Kole and Piety were no problem. Just before I got to Kole I leveled and was able to get Vaal Pact.

AFter Piety I farmed XP for awhile and made lvl 65. Still lvl 66 maps and the garden are kicking my butt pretty good. I died several times in the garden and in a white dried lake bed. My ES is only 3500 while buffed right now. A few more levels and some better ES gear should do the trick.

I'm also using this dagger

This should help when I reach lvl 68.
Last edited by robble on Dec 14, 2013, 3:33:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info