[1.0.X] [Witch/Templar] Multiple discharge + cast on damage + cast on stun = AFK mass destruction

Those are my theorycraft builds for 1.2 with my current items
Scion
Witch
(hope the links will work correctly)

Both of them cap 95% crit chance with 7 power charges. If you don't cap crit chance because of your gear you might take the Doom Cast wheel near PA.
Both have much more ES than before. Around 2600 more ES in my case.
Witch have slightly better damage (poebuilder damage is not correct because it takes crit chance >95 and cast speed) but Scion has +28% to all res. And it's good to have overcapped res for all those elemental curses plus reflect.

I will also consider using new Herald of Ice buff. That might need removing Purity of Fire or taking some reduced mana reserve nodes. Will see.

Also mind that there are no dex nodes in the new tree. With Divinarius you will need some dex on gear or you will have to take 2 +30dex nodes.
IGN: Drusek
Last edited by Drusek on Aug 20, 2014, 6:38:35 AM
can i use this build with my level 66 witch? or is it too early?

awaiting the big respec and your build looks most appealing and affordable :)
Last edited by standalone09 on Aug 20, 2014, 7:02:34 AM
Probably, if you have good enough shield, boots, helm (high ES and res) - you need at least 6k ES for lvl 20 CwDT.
For the build to work you need the Keystones, charges, and crit chance.
heres the tree for lvl 66
After taht go for more ES. When you will have enough take the dmg nodes.
Last edited by Drusek on Aug 20, 2014, 7:07:52 AM
"
Drusek wrote:
Those are my theorycraft builds for 1.2 with my current items
Scion
Witch
(hope the links will work correctly)

Both of them cap 95% crit chance with 7 power charges. If you don't cap crit chance because of your gear you might take the Doom Cast wheel near PA.
Both have much more ES than before. Around 2600 more ES in my case.
Witch have slightly better damage (poebuilder damage is not correct because it takes crit chance >95 and cast speed) but Scion has +28% to all res. And it's good to have overcapped res for all those elemental curses plus reflect.

I will also consider using new Herald of Ice buff. That might need removing Purity of Fire or taking some reduced mana reserve nodes. Will see.

Also mind that there are no dex nodes in the new tree. With Divinarius you will need some dex on gear or you will have to take 2 +30dex nodes.

Can you please fix the witch link? Can Redzor update this for 1.2.0?

Thanks in advance!
This is my current Scion tree
I have more ES and damage than before.
I still need to test 76+ maps.
Last edited by Drusek on Aug 22, 2014, 5:19:02 PM
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Significant nerf in the patch. Can't support Discharge with both CwS and CwdT anymore. Might just go to a manual cast when we get another respec. Not dead by any measure, but always having to wait for 4k damage is a real pain.
"
SnKArcbound wrote:
Significant nerf in the patch. Can't support Discharge with both CwS and CwdT anymore. Might just go to a manual cast when we get another respec. Not dead by any measure, but always having to wait for 4k damage is a real pain.

I've had one of these dischargers from ambush league and it was great fun, I am currently leveling another for the rampage league and with the new nerfs to trigger gems I am thinking of just supporting both discharges with the normal 4L: cws + discharge + increased crit strike + life leech and the second in the chest as a 5L/6L: cws + discharge + increased crit strike + life leech + (replacing cwdt) increased crit damage + (6L) increased area of effect. and seeing how that goes. If that fails I may drop the 2nd group of trigger gems and have a 4L: cwdt + discharge + increased crit strike + life leech.

Should be interesting to see if this is still do-able.
Last edited by fluxofwar on Sep 11, 2014, 6:03:33 AM
Fellas, how you guys doing with the nerf so far?
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
No clue if this would be good due to losing voidbringers that are so strong but one possibility would be shackles of the wretched with warlords mark. Enemies really wouldn't leech back any amount that matters and it would give you life leech and make any hit have an additional 10-14% chance to stun you leading to more spell procs overall

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info