[1.0.X] [Witch/Templar] Multiple discharge + cast on damage + cast on stun = AFK mass destruction

Just updated nearly everything in the first post!

All info is relevant for latest 1.0.2 patch.

Dominus now dead even without flasks.

EDIT: video is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-pyCBMUII
Last edited by Redzor on Dec 11, 2013, 7:43:18 PM
Very nice build. Good job!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
shavronnes revelation is on the right side right?
"
jatoro wrote:
shavronnes revelation is on the right side right?

yes you can see it regening
ign sooner
Looking at the build his CwS linked ice spears aren't leveled, he probably just forgot, but you can get more damage out of the build.
So I was using a fire discharge build before swapping to this one and its a lot of fun to walk into big groups, but I am having some issues with single targets. I don't know if it is just that I don't have max level gems but any single target yelllows, piety etc I take more damage than I leech and dont do steady enough damage vs anything with regen.

I have been messing with Lightning Storm in helm have bit of mana issues it is kinda working but still cant take out any regen monsters

So the big question... do I just need to stick it out until I get the gem levels + higher tier gear or does anyone have tips?
"
nilats wrote:
So I was using a fire discharge build before swapping to this one and its a lot of fun to walk into big groups, but I am having some issues with single targets. I don't know if it is just that I don't have max level gems but any single target yelllows, piety etc I take more damage than I leech and dont do steady enough damage vs anything with regen.

I have been messing with Lightning Storm in helm have bit of mana issues it is kinda working but still cant take out any regen monsters

So the big question... do I just need to stick it out until I get the gem levels + higher tier gear or does anyone have tips?

It's all about the crit. No crits means no discharges, which is your real source of life regen. You should also always try to fight unique with a large pack so you can keep up your charges. I easily two or three shot bosses at the end of maps as long as I'm able to discharge with roughly full charges.

With lots of smaller hit's it's obviously easier to get lots of charges, but some guys hitting for 2k+ just takes all your energy shield, and miss a round of crits from your 2 cwdt procs and you can easily die.

I'm using a manual discharge (because I don't have the 6 link voll's) so there's no waiting for cwdt or cws to make sure I regen.

Also high level discharge is essentially required.
"
SnKArcbound wrote:
Looking at the build his CwS linked ice spears aren't leveled, he probably just forgot, but you can get more damage out of the build.

It is indeed possible to level these gems but reflect can be a problem then.
"
nilats wrote:

Single target damage is often a problem for discharge builds. I tried to compensate by adding more charge generators and getting crit chance as high as possible.
Patch 1.0.3 is out. Looks like no changes are needed this time, only updated topic title.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info