Unable to connect to patching server

i
Last edited by _pikkis_ on Mar 2, 2014, 8:17:47 AM
Turn the firewall back on, then set it to the lowest settings possible (add exclusions for Path of Exile if you can) then disable it.

I've known a lot of firewall software that gets "stuck" if you don't lower the settings to low first before disabling it.

It could also be something in the configuration of the router or other problems with the NAT translation or something as well.

Since one of your PCs works, I'd assume that there is no problem with the GGG servers or your ability (generally) to reach them. It has to be something localized to your PC or your network causing the issues. Hopefully one of the suggestions resolves it for you.
i
Last edited by _pikkis_ on Mar 2, 2014, 8:16:23 AM
Had the same issue today. Solved by starting the game by choosing "Run as administrator".
IGN: Hydralin
I am getting the same thing.. I updated the game last night but ended up not being able to play it because I had to help my dad out at work.. it finished updating last night I tried today and I get that.
also been having this problem for the last few days , it takes 3 or 4 times to connect to patchin server. its really pissing me off. jus started from nowhere, have tried running as administrator and its not the firewall. what else can I try. same with the website, it doesn't connect the first time but if I refresh the page it connects, only path of exile website doing this, please can someone help.
"
KingCroc wrote:
also been having this problem for the last few days , it takes 3 or 4 times to connect to patchin server. its really pissing me off. jus started from nowhere, have tried running as administrator and its not the firewall. what else can I try. same with the website, it doesn't connect the first time but if I refresh the page it connects, only path of exile website doing this, please can someone help.

Have you added an exception for Path of Exile in your firewall software?

Also, are you using a wireless connection or cable/ethernet?
Hey, sorry for bumping the threads. yes I have made an exception to the firewall for path of exile. I am using ADSL and the problem seems to be persisting, I could try nthe dns fix I saw on another thread. Do u think that might help. Thanks so much for the support dude much appreciated
Sorry dude. what I hav just done is turn firewall off altogether ran the client no prob , did this a couple times no prob , turned firewall back on and it seems the problem has gone.
So sorry for bothering you but at least I got somewhere. Thanks again Henry
ps my name is also Henry. Cheers for a great game
i haven't been able to log on for about a week now tryed using a vpn,running as admin,uninstalling,turning off firewall,antivirus ect ive even gone as far as downloading on my old computer thats at least 10 years old and worked fine just cant get it on here the second i click the poe launcher "unable to connect to patching server" then i have to just close it. the game worked fine until about the 25th'ish of last month any other suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info