Unable to connect to patching server

Damn DDos attacks... problems here to in argentina...

best luck GGG
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
My client still "refuses" to download the game. I've had it running for 5-6 hours today,and every time I checked it just said 0B/sec. Somewhere in between it got 2% downloaded (in 6 hours,my net speed is normally like 2mB/s download).
Then after I found out that there has been some problems (the ddos stuff) I was like yeey,now I can finally download. but it is just eternally "checking resources".
For like half an hour already and doing nothing (visible).
So I'd like to know if I'm doing anything wrong or if there's any way I could make it work.
Thanks for any help,
jajohn.
installer on my machine slowly entering final stage... looks like it's working again? I'll see when it comes to login
I figured it was not related to my local computer.

Funny how everybody was messing with their firewalls, and admin settings, etc.

It was a DDoS attack.

Probably related to this one from yesterday:

http://www.businessinsider.com/spamhaus-cyberbunker-ddos-attack-2013-3
I still have this Bug, are there any solutions right now or is this still common?
Just downloaded the game.. saying hey this looks really nice and interesting game to play .. ops nope chuck testa ! Can not coonect to patching server .. srsly !? -.- solution any1 ?
Hi guys, just had this problem on my mother in laws computer and we solved it by changing the DNS to the google DNS.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

and don't forget to open up the command line (cmd.exe) and ipconfig -flushdns

after that
tracert patchcdn.pathofexile.com

should work after that. (Also set the game launcher to run as administrator AND the port thingy, but I'm not sure if that is even required.)

- long story short, fix your dns settings ~
Having serious problems, just starting tonight. Can't connect to patch server, and then when I can I have problems logging in, then I get kicked between instances constantly.

;-; I just want to play this awesome game. I've tried all the things I could find on the forums.
Yep, having same problem. Was absolutely fine yesterday, but not today, no matter how. Anyone have a clue what is causing these problems for people? DDoS again?

edit: after trying for something like the 12th time, and waiting, I can now start the game.
Last edited by HannesFury on Jun 20, 2013, 9:20:39 PM
Turn off the "local server" in the "Connection Settings"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info