Unable to connect to patching server

i Can still not connect....
The problem is simple: The patching server is using a custom TCP port, which is bocked by your router/modem. Changing the router settings, you should be able to unblock it. I am having the same issue, but the router is on the main building basement (on a server room) and I don't have access to change the settings. The question is, is there any ability to use the patching server and the entire game on a standard 80 TCP port or do their patching and game server specifically "listen" to these strange ports?
Last edited by aryosgr on Jul 3, 2013, 12:41:15 PM
"
aryosgr wrote:
The problem is simple: The patching server is using a custom TCP port, which is bocked by your router/modem. Changing the router settings, you should be able to unblock it. I am having the same issue, but the router is on the main building basement (on a server room) and I don't have access to change the settings. The question is, is there any ability to use the patching server and the entire game on a standard 80 TCP port or do their patching and game server specifically "listen" to these strange ports?

Have you tried patching while connected to a VPN?
What kind of VPN? You mean a public one or a VPN outside the building? No, but even if I had something available, the local port policy would be enforced over the packages sent from the VPN connection, in which case I would also need something like port forwarding al the game ports from the VPN to my port 80; which could make the game unplayable because I suppose the local game client should explicitly check for the ports used and not get fooled by port forwarding.
Last edited by aryosgr on Jul 3, 2013, 1:14:05 PM
"
aryosgr wrote:
What kind of VPN? You mean a public one or a VPN outside the building? No, but even if I had something available, the local port policy would be enforced over the packages sent from the VPN connection, in which case I would also need something like port forwarding al the game ports from the VPN to my port 80; which could make the game unplayable because I suppose the local game client should explicitly check for the ports used and not get fooled by port forwarding.

The port rules can sometimes be bypassed through usage of a VPN. There is a thread linked from the Consolidated Technical sticky post that talks about how to set up and use a free VPN. This has helped a lot of people connect and patch who were unable to do so before. It's worth a shot right?
I'm acquainted with OpenVPN, though I've never used it much in the past. Using it now and game works, at the expense of latencies of course (PvP is almost non-playabe), but we can't have everything, I guess. Thanks for the info.
My torrents work too and I don't have to go to the office for this.
Same issue, started today.
This problem just started for me. How did you guys get it to work again?
IGN: Reoxy
Last night I was playing fine with absolutely no problems, but now every time I try to log in it say cannot connect to server and occasionally it will let me log in and I'll click play and while loading the town I'm in I D/C and it says disconnected from instance. What the hell?
This last patch seems to have made the game more buggy :/ I had none of these problems before the patch.
IGN: Reoxy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info