Act Three progress update

"
Aminence wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
"
Aminence wrote:
It's nice that this game is not a pay to win, but pay to have more contents its even worse
Would you like some ham with your melodrama?

Ok so maybe I exaggerated it a little bit, but I just hope they don't add a ton of these purchasable cosmetic microtransactions. I enjoy this game, only one thing I hate is the FFA loot system, and now the purchasable in-game perks and aesthetic upgrades, this is too much for me.

You're still exaggerating. Almost as if you're not listening, and making shit up on top. There are no "perks" or bonuses. They're COSMETIC. I don't know if maybe english isn't your first language or what, but cosmetic means VISUAL benefits. As in it makes your character prettier, and that's ALL IT DOES. If "this is too much for you", then go buy your own purse.
Last edited by assteepee on Nov 20, 2012, 12:50:32 AM
"
Aminence wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
"
Aminence wrote:
It's nice that this game is not a pay to win, but pay to have more contents its even worse
Would you like some ham with your melodrama?

Ok so maybe I exaggerated it a little bit, but I just hope they don't add a ton of these purchasable cosmetic microtransactions. I enjoy this game, only one thing I hate is the FFA loot system, and now the purchasable in-game perks and aesthetic upgrades, this is too much for me.

lolwuuuuuuuut

With words like "perks" and "upgrades", something tells me you don't actually understand what the cosmetics actually are.

Either that, or you're reaching waaaaay too far. Your arm is going to get dislocated if you reach any further.

GGG has to make money in Open Beta somehow. What you're complaining about is just asinine. They all ready are not doing pay-to-win. Do you want them to not update PoE anymore due to going bankrupt with no potential income? That's what you're asking for even if you don't mean it. I absolutely loath the term "entitlement" but you're definitely making me want to use that horrible jargon at you.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
NOT Bestel? Money back please. NOW.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Aminence wrote:

As others have said, and I will iterate just to make sure it's 100% clear (and to save you reading the FAQ, because, yknow, that'd be too much work or something), the game will be absolutely free to play regarding all content, all areas, all classes, all items.

So how does this game, and its developers, plan to make it work financially? Free-to-play does not mean free-to-make, please understand.

They will be using aesthetic, ethical upgrades as microtransations that improve the looks and possibly sounds of the game. These will not, in any way, give you any in-game advantage. They are not 'perks' in the typical sense of the word. They are completely optional changes that you do not have to make to keep playing the game precisely as it is now, including the forthcoming act 3.

If this system of making money is somehow 'too much' for you, don't spend a cent. Don't support GGG. It's fine.

There's always people like me around to pick up that slack. You're welcome.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Exactly Charan !
Now that you've said it, you're going to have to add Bestel as an act Boss for Act3XX or so
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Not Bestel?!.......Oh NO, NOT NESSA!!!
"
Chris wrote:
For plot reasons I am not spoiling what the final boss is, but I can confirm that it's not Bestel.

lol

"
Chris wrote:
Although we'll be releasing Act Three in a form that is larger than act one or two with the Open Beta, we've found room to plan for few more areas and an extra boss fight that we can add later. This content, which we internally call "Act3X" will be like a mini-expansion that we'll deploy a few months after we start Open Beta.

i like =)
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
Great news on the progress but Act 3 still sounds like it has a hell of a lot of work to do on it, given that there's only 5 full weeks left in the year (4 if everyone has a well deserved break at Christmas) I really can't see OB happening this year.

Tbh start of next year is fine with me, will have way less work on then!
"
Metronomy wrote:
Not Bestel?!.......Oh NO, NOT NESSA!!!

Nahh it'll be Hillocks Dad. ;-)
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info