[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

HAHAHAHA!

Looks soooo much fun!

Great work you have done there man, shame that it wont work in HC :(

Love the idea though!
zzZzzzZzzZz
Really nice build ... that gave me some thinking how to make this build HC/Nemesis rdy

HP - Vaal Pact Build - Quill Rain

Gems:
Aoe
Split Arrow - Chain - Cast on Crit - Arc - Cold Snap - Life Leech

Single:
Frenzy - Cast on Crit - Ice Spear - Firestorm (or w/e like e.g. 2nd Ice Spear) - Life leech

Aura:
Purity of Elements - should be 11% with max lvled Reduced mana gem + BM node

so if u have 4000 hp and run purity u should have at least 3560 hp left

run Purity only if u dont have Max res with items - else run Purity only @ maps with Elemental Weakness mod

Bandit Quests:

Normal - Help Oak (40 HP) OR Kill all (Passive Point)
Cruel - Kill all (Passive Point)
Mecriless - Help Alira (Power Charge)

Pro:
.)Ele Reflect should be possible because of Vaal Pact
.)Instant Life Leech
.)You dont need Thiefs Torment ring
.)Dodge + Spell Dodge + Stun Immunity (Evade =/= Dodge)
.)More HP (238% @ lvl 86 or 85 if u kill all in Normal)

Cons:
.)No HP Flasks because of Vaal Pact
.)Maybe less Crit Proc but with a fast bow like Quill rain + Diamond Flask ... shouldn't be really a problem
.)low Armor/phys dmg reduce
.)Chaos Maps - dmg per sec -> no life regen because of Vaal Pact
.)Spell Cast on Crit deals less dmg than Wurps Build
.)Still squishy for HC/Nemesis -> very gear dependent
.)Less Attack speed nodes than Wurps
.)Less Elemental Resistants nodes than Wurps -> Ring and Purity of Elements dependent

Ofc @ higher level u can regret some points to get more dmg for spells (Shadow start tree) but i think lvl 86 is a reachable level for everyone

What do u think @ Wurps?

best regards Zodrac

edit: Sry i started from Shadow tree instead of Scion tree :(

Last edited by Zodrac on Nov 26, 2013, 9:56:23 PM
I like the take on using Blood Magic + Vaal Pack. But I like to ask, do you level Split arrow or keep it at level 1, also why not use lightning arrow instead when it can chain to 2 others hitting 3 + chain gem making more chains.
"
Zodrac wrote:

What do u think @ Wurps?

Looks pretty good, I was also considering vaal pact to fix my ele reflect weakness if I ever started caring enough or wanted to do it on HC.

I made a scion variant of that build, click here for it

It has roughly 14 more resist all, 30%~ more attack speed, and I think 14% or so less life, but more base life, and 18% more spell damage

Same amount of points
"
StormWindZero wrote:
I like the take on using Blood Magic + Vaal Pack. But I like to ask, do you level Split arrow or keep it at level 1, also why not use lightning arrow instead when it can chain to 2 others hitting 3 + chain gem making more chains.

Because i need life leech gem ... else i need a 7-link weapon xD

Ofc u have to level your split arrow. At lvl 18 u have 5 additional arrows with 12 mana cost, ofc gets higher because of chain (200%), cast on crit(140%) and life leech (130%)= additional cost 170% => 32.4 Mana cost
Max cost should be lower than Lightning arrow (lvl 1 10 mana cost) + gmp (200%)/lmp (150%) + chain (200%)+ cast on crit (140%) + Life leech (130%) = 270% with gmp / 220% with lmp => 37 with gmp / 32 with lmp

So running with LMP would be more mana cost effecient but u are already wasting 5 gems, that means u can only sox it with 1 spell (Cold Snap or Arc or if patch comes out with Storm Call)
With this option u can only shock OR freeze enemies -> less dmg since u are only using Quill rain and your dmg output or dps depends on your cast on crit spells.

@ Wurps

Well around 32% less life than mine but more dps and base Elemental resistance... ofc also a good option and u can also put your passive point @ 86 or 87 (depends if u kill all bandits in normal or not) in Conduit. I also like your idea too for more support options.

I think starting from Shadow tree gives u more HP and nearly same Base life (Shadow 840 w/o Oaks 238% HP - Wurps Scion Tree 848 Base life 206% HP) and starting from Scion tree gives u more attack speed, res and support options (Conduit)

Well but with your build u have less dex and less accuracy ... how are u gonna handle your accuracy ? Are u going to use lion eyes bow?

Last edited by Zodrac on Nov 27, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
Cheers everyone fascinated by this build as I am!
I am hitting 70 lvl soon and I am preparing myself to do some high lvl maps.
What I can say is that this build is extra efficient on big packs especially on open areas but lacking survivability vs heavy hitting monsters. Some of them are slow which can be easily kited, but when you got yourself surrounded or you are in confined space with some fast strong bastard you have trouble.
Wurpo advised to use flask of reflexes - I think granite flask with +3k armor might be more useful (as long as our base dmg reduction is only ~6%) and even if we can evade some hits we can die from one or be stunned and hit again.
Other things are: stun recovery and accuracy? How important are those two stats and what values should we aim for? Now I have +500 accuracy from gear and 87% hit chance, which is kinda low. Share Your opinions! Thx
Thanks for this feedback, HeyterVic! I still try to get the gear for this build, so I like to read about it. :D
You mentioned earlier that you bought your stuff for 14 ex. Did you craft the 6L Quill Rain yourself? I can't find one in the forums which is cheaper than 40 ex.
IGN: Scordalia_
What would you say are the most important stats for items?
"
HeyterVic wrote:
Cheers everyone fascinated by this build as I am!
I am hitting 70 lvl soon and I am preparing myself to do some high lvl maps.
What I can say is that this build is extra efficient on big packs especially on open areas but lacking survivability vs heavy hitting monsters. Some of them are slow which can be easily kited, but when you got yourself surrounded or you are in confined space with some fast strong bastard you have trouble.
Wurpo advised to use flask of reflexes - I think granite flask with +3k armor might be more useful (as long as our base dmg reduction is only ~6%) and even if we can evade some hits we can die from one or be stunned and hit again.
Other things are: stun recovery and accuracy? How important are those two stats and what values should we aim for? Now I have +500 accuracy from gear and 87% hit chance, which is kinda low. Share Your opinions! Thx

I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't really notice missing even though my hit chance is only 80%.

I guess the lightning arrows hit the target behind the one I miss? Not totally sure how it works, but that's what I'm guessing.

@GodofShinobi
Accuracy is pretty nice, other than that just cap your resists and get a lot of life.
"
Caliginosus wrote:
You mentioned earlier that you bought your stuff for 14 ex. Did you craft the 6L Quill Rain yourself? I can't find one in the forums which is cheaper than 40 ex.

No, I didn't craft myself - I don't feel to be lucky, when I want to do something badly. 14ex was the "cheaper version": 6L Voll's(9ex) + 5L Quill(2.5ex) + Thie'f Torment(1,5ex). I thought I can craft Voll's properly for this build - 4green/2blue but after ~300 chromes I gave it a break and started to search for 6L Quill, which was extremely hard as well. I bought one for 12ex. So I am running
now.
I can also advise
as a good solution (in my opinion) for this build, as long as it provides Attack Speed and Crit Chance. Still looking for better survivability though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info