[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

Hello, very nice build, why are you using Arc? Arc does not benefit from chain? It wood be better to use something else that benefits from chain? Are a´m i wrong ? How much crit do u have unbuffed?
"
Snowmanmc87 wrote:
Hello, very nice build, why are you using Arc? Arc does not benefit from chain? It wood be better to use something else that benefits from chain? Are a´m i wrong ? How much crit do u have unbuffed?

Arc hits 5 times with chain instead of 3, the damage remains pretty much the same, the main point of using chain is to evenly kill whole packs because of how many arcs go out.

I'm not sure what my crit is without power charges, I always have power charges though so it doesn't matter.
Sorry I don't know why i said chain , I meant to say GMP...
"
Wurps wrote:
"
Rofls wrote:
I still think that the EK and Quill Rain's Proj. Speed synergies are amazing for CoCS builds.

Clean and Dope Like Heroin Soap.

Otherwise I am running a similar passive tree and loving it. Nice build my friend.

I see you're running EK, I tried both that and a hybrid EK+Cold snap variant, but just one EK was enough to shred me to phys reflect due to not having ANY phys damage reduction, I don't need more weaknesses x_x

Also, I'm pretty sure LA+GMP+Chain is still better for EK rather than SA+Chain with an extra EK considering each bounce of the lightning arrow hits in an aoe.

5 lightning arrows with 4 hits per arrow total due to splash = 20 hits then x3 for the chain, so 60 hits per shot! Much higher than split arrow's maximum potential of 5 x3 for 15 hits.

I tried it your way...you are correct, much stronger. As for the physical issue, I run avatar of fire and blackgleams to convert it all to fire. Its the only way I could manage to survive.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
Rofls wrote:
snip

Using avatar of fire and blackgleam on EK is a pretty funny idea. Nice.
Last edited by Wurps on Nov 25, 2013, 6:05:07 PM
"
Wurps wrote:
"
GodOfShinobi wrote:
Hi, trying this build out! What bandit rewards did you take?

That's in the notes section of the first post.

"
MrBautista wrote:
I have a question about the cast on crit working with lightning arrow. How does the proc work? Let's say we have lightning arrow linked to cast on crit and arc. No gmp or chain. If I were to crit on a group of enemies (lets say at least 5) and arc is cast, how many times does actually cast? Will it cast 4 since lightning arrow hits an additional three people and the crit will cause the spell to be used, or will the arc spell just be casted once from the initial hit?

It casts a ton of times per attack.

What I am trying to ask is would it be better to just use split arrow if it procs the same number as lightning arrow, or does lightning arrow, with its additional hits cast more?
"
MrBautista wrote:
"
Wurps wrote:
"
GodOfShinobi wrote:
Hi, trying this build out! What bandit rewards did you take?

That's in the notes section of the first post.

"
MrBautista wrote:
I have a question about the cast on crit working with lightning arrow. How does the proc work? Let's say we have lightning arrow linked to cast on crit and arc. No gmp or chain. If I were to crit on a group of enemies (lets say at least 5) and arc is cast, how many times does actually cast? Will it cast 4 since lightning arrow hits an additional three people and the crit will cause the spell to be used, or will the arc spell just be casted once from the initial hit?

It casts a ton of times per attack.

What I am trying to ask is would it be better to just use split arrow if it procs the same number as lightning arrow, or does lightning arrow, with its additional hits cast more?

Guess I was too vague.

Lightning arrow is roughly 4x better.
Sorry for beeing a totally noob but how do you get 6L on a bow which ILvl is 17 when is suposed you need ilvl 50 ?
"
Ciberyo wrote:
Sorry for beeing a totally noob but how do you get 6L on a bow which ILvl is 17 when is suposed you need ilvl 50 ?

Low req items can drop on higher map levels too. So their ilvl will be equivalent. No blame to be noob! Everyone had to start from this position:p Good for you that you started playing poe:)
I wanted to make a build similar to this, My idea was to use lightning arrow, have some fire damage on either my quiver or other items, but no cold damage. Take elemental equilibrium and use freezing pulse as with a quill rain it travels very far. It may not turn out as well as this build, but I thought it sounded interesting.

Edit: I am too poor and don't have the playing time to accomplish what I stated above quickly. If anyone want's to run with that idea let me know how it goes.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on Nov 26, 2013, 12:29:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info