[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

I still think that the EK and Quill Rain's Proj. Speed synergies are amazing for CoCS builds.

Clean and Dope Like Heroin Soap.

Otherwise I am running a similar passive tree and loving it. Nice build my friend.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
Rofls wrote:
I still think that the EK and Quill Rain's Proj. Speed synergies are amazing for CoCS builds.

Clean and Dope Like Heroin Soap.

Otherwise I am running a similar passive tree and loving it. Nice build my friend.

I see you're running EK, I tried both that and a hybrid EK+Cold snap variant, but just one EK was enough to shred me to phys reflect due to not having ANY phys damage reduction, I don't need more weaknesses x_x

Also, I'm pretty sure LA+GMP+Chain is still better for EK rather than SA+Chain with an extra EK considering each bounce of the lightning arrow hits in an aoe.

5 lightning arrows with 4 hits per arrow total due to splash = 20 hits then x3 for the chain, so 60 hits per shot! Much higher than split arrow's maximum potential of 5 x3 for 15 hits.
Last edited by Wurps on Nov 20, 2013, 8:29:03 PM
Hi

I'm having mana issues with Frenzy + Cast on Crit + 2 Ice Spears(havent got the colouring right on the volls just yet)

Level 50 at the moment, but I have a 5link quill, 5 link volls and thiefs torment.

My Frenzy costs 22 mana and thiefs only gives 15 on hit. I seem to burn mana really easily
with frenzy and don't seem to do any damage even with ice spears procing every now and again.

Any advice?
why not use a voltaxic with this build? you'd be immune to ele reflect too?
I still don't have any 5 or 6L so I don't deal against single targets and I am pretty vulnerable to stuns due to the realy low life pull when fighting a fast pack of mobs. Most of my problems must comme from this lack of 5/6L but I had to find a solution.

After a brainstorming to improve this and adapt it to my playstyle I think I will reroll a CI witch with a similar build (except I take ES nodes instead of eva/life)
- No more chaos resist problem, easier to get others to 75%
- Don't need life on gear => possible to get some more damage mods

6L : LA - chain - GMP - CoC - arc - cold snap
6L : (frenzy?) - CoC - Ice Spear x4
4L : CwDT (lvl 1) - enduring cry - ice nova - culling strike
4L : CwStun - discharge - increased area - added lightning
2L : LW - reduced duration
2L : blood rage - faster casting

I have no curse but can create a macro to swap weapons and cast it.

What do you think about this ? Only thing I'm afraid of is to be stunned too much due to lack of eva, otherwise I think it's way more safe.
"

whoops you've answered this already.
"
evildemon14 wrote:
Hi

I'm having mana issues with Frenzy
Any advice?

Be sure to keep your hallowed mana flask rolling.
"
Anfiza wrote:
I still don't have any 5 or 6L so I don't deal against single targets and I am pretty vulnerable to stuns due to the realy low life pull when fighting a fast pack of mobs. Most of my problems must comme from this lack of 5/6L but I had to find a solution.

After a brainstorming to improve this and adapt it to my playstyle I think I will reroll a CI witch with a similar build (except I take ES nodes instead of eva/life)
- No more chaos resist problem, easier to get others to 75%
- Don't need life on gear => possible to get some more damage mods

6L : LA - chain - GMP - CoC - arc - cold snap
6L : (frenzy?) - CoC - Ice Spear x4
4L : CwDT (lvl 1) - enduring cry - ice nova - culling strike
4L : CwStun - discharge - increased area - added lightning
2L : LW - reduced duration
2L : blood rage - faster casting

I have no curse but can create a macro to swap weapons and cast it.

What do you think about this ? Only thing I'm afraid of is to be stunned too much due to lack of eva, otherwise I think it's way more safe.

One of the main reasons I went life instead of CI was that thief's torment grants a ludicrous amount of life on hit, and this build can hit 60 times per attack with 5 targets. Assuming your thief's torment life on hit roll is 25, that's 1500 life per shot, and at at least 6 attacks per second you're gaining 9000 life per second.

I'm not sure how you would regen your ES, afaik ghost reaver only works on life leech and not life on hit.

"

I would like to test it honestly, but I don't have a 6L voltaxic.

It depends how much damage enemies take from chaos as opposed to lightning though.
Last edited by Wurps on Nov 21, 2013, 8:59:56 PM
"
Wurps wrote:
"
evildemon14 wrote:
Hi

I'm having mana issues with Frenzy
Any advice?

Be sure to keep your hallowed mana flask rolling.

Ah thats it, forgot to surgeon my flasks.
Would like to see some more Vids of high level Maps+Bossfights. can you upload something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info