[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
HeyterVic wrote:
Don't think so. Besides high dmg potencial it is rather a glass cannon build, which requires lot of patience and careful gameplay to do high end maps. Some of them are not able to do as Wurpo admitted and I felt it the hard way too one shoted myself on ele-reflect maps. Even with all res capped. Build for connoisseurs looking for some challange, not for the masses! Lol:p

I'm toying around with a new iteration of the build that uses 2x ethereal knives instead of cold snap and arc, with codt + enduring cry + immortal call to mitigate phys reflect, it's pretty effective

sadly eth knives is incredibly laggy
"
neurotech wrote:
Is there any value in levelling Lightning Arrow?

no, you can level it to 4 if you want, but it won't matter
"
Wurps wrote:

I'm toying around with a new iteration of the build that uses 2x ethereal knives instead of cold snap and arc, with codt + enduring cry + immortal call to mitigate phys reflect, it's pretty effective

sadly eth knives is incredibly laggy

I am trying to figure the best option for codt recently. I have codt+enfeeble+molten shell+shockwave totem and I tried to put cast when stunned+enduring cry+ice nova+life leech on another piece but it is not doing its job as I wished. I ll give a shot to your idea Wurpo about enduring cry+immortal call, so thete is my question - do you level cwdt to get more duration of immortal call and endurance charges?
Hey wurps , your build is very incredible and nice ! I love it :) Few questions here , I hope you can answer them.

- Is it possible to change the passive tree for some mana regen and Eldrich battery? So that I can run auras and Arctic Armour without any mana problems.

- If it's possible , what are the advantages and disadvantages? Sacrifice some damage I guess?

P.S : Because arctic armour and auras are cool :D

Edit : Or maybe run Mind on Matter?
Last edited by Crynite on Dec 1, 2013, 7:30:18 AM
"
Crynite wrote:
Hey wurps , your build is very incredible and nice ! I love it :) Few questions here , I hope you can answer them.

- Is it possible to change the passive tree for some mana regen and Eldrich battery? So that I can run auras and Arctic Armour without any mana problems.

- If it's possible , what are the advantages and disadvantages? Sacrifice some damage I guess?

P.S : Because arctic armour and auras are cool :D

Edit : Or maybe run Mind on Matter?

@Crynite
The base mana is so low that you could never really get any real mana regen, and the voll's protector gives a massive reduction to maximum mana, I don't think arctic armor would ever be feasible.

Mind over matter is dangerous, with the tiny mana pool one big hit will leave you without any mana, which leaves you without an attack method for a moment.

@HeyterVic
I haven't leveled it yet, but I probably will once I figure out a good level for it
"
HeyterVic wrote:

I am trying to figure the best option for codt recently. I have codt+enfeeble+molten shell+shockwave totem and I tried to put cast when stunned+enduring cry+ice nova+life leech on another piece but it is not doing its job as I wished. I ll give a shot to your idea Wurpo about enduring cry+immortal call, so thete is my question - do you level cwdt to get more duration of immortal call and endurance charges?

Since being stunned is, for me, the most dangerous thing against this build, I'm using a CwStun with discharge + added lightning + increased area and a level 1 CwDT to gain some endurance charges with enduring cry + temporal chains. This way, when I'm stunned I discharge all of my 14 charges and that's a one shot on a lot of ennemies -> less risks to die on a stun.

Charges are so quick to regain it's not really a problem for me to lose them all for some survivability.

I also added a Rat's Nest to my gear (still at 75% fire/cold/light) and it became pretty insane with one attack every 0,15s with 5 frenzy.
Last edited by Anfiza on Dec 1, 2013, 1:01:43 PM
ever tried Cast on Damage Taken + Frost Wall for single target lightning arrow spam?
Do this was A LOT harder than i tough. Almost ready to try the build.

Spoiler
Just a feedback.

I finished equiping for this build and have tried it a little today. Also experimented with a few different skill combinations.

Arctic Breath
Firestorm
Fireball
Arc
Ice Spear
EK
Freezing Pulse
Detonate Dead
Shock Nova
Ice Nova
Cold Snap
Spark

The possibilities are unending. This build is so fun!

Protip: There is a combination of those skills listed that disconnect anyone in the same map as you. Will have to send an e-mail to GGG about it.

Anyway, congratulations on the fun build. Its in no way a build for HC, but it is so fun to play that it doesn't really matter. I laughed for hours with my friends watching the results of our skills combinations.

Well done, Wurps!
Hi Wurps, Hi all,

this build is great. Since I've started to build a similar character I enjoyed every single piece of it. Especially the extremly high damage output to mob packs over a large area is magnificent. Thx again Wurps for the idea of this great build.

Currently, I am at lvl 85 and want to contribute here with some feedback and experience from my char.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start with the facts

My char
crit chance: ~50% (with 6 power charges)
crit multiplier: ~500% (with 6 power charges)
aps: ~10 (with 5 frenzy charges)
auras: grace
curse: critical weakness
life: 3k
chance to hit: 80%

Skilltree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABH4FtQzyDkgRlhOeFfAWvxzcJDwk_SaVJ6ksnC0fLagwcTB8Nj02eznUOkI6WDsoPs9Eq0ZxSTtJUUrIS3hMs1AwUUdVS1WuWm1b9F3yXvph4mKsY0NtGW17b_JwUnDVfjN_K3_GguSDCYcZh9uIQohriq-MNo19jb-Ppo_6kBGTJ52jnaqgn6GkoqOkkaXLp1yqf6q4sZC0DLSjtUi31r3mvrzAUcHFwfPGotA51CPVANaK1p3bWdte3ajh2-OE51TyHfPq-WP8q_7I

gear

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My (empirical) points for discussion:

- Damage - I have tested a lot of combinations of the two spells triggered by Cast on crit (CoC) with level 19 or 20 gems mostly with quality. My conclusion is, that the highest damage can be reached with a combination of Fireball/Arc or Firestorm/Arc. I also tried to trigger only on skill but support this one, e.g., arc/lightning penetration 19/20 or , Arc/Increased Crit Chance 18/20 but the damage doesn't feel the same. The combination of Arc/Dold Snap is of course very good, too, and more secure due to freeze. Other spells like artic Breath, Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear, Spark, Novas etc are funny to watch but deal much less damage. The disadvantage of some of those spells is the missing auto-aiming or the limited area of effect. FYI: I have not tried Etheral Knifes or Detonate Dead so far.

- Survivability - I have 3k life, resists capped, running grace, using CwDT(lvl6) and CwS (lvl19), spamming constantly movement/jade/granite flask, and in principle none of the monsters can kill me. I am my biggest enemy due to elemental reflect and thorns. And i dont know what to do against it. Most of my deaths in the last 10 levels are caused by suicide, at the most when the reflect guy isn't in my FoV. Any advice here except "be careful"? The other main cause for dying is puncture. I try to handle this with my hybrid flask (removes bleeding).

- Lags - Any combination of the spells causes lags especially in parties. Its very common that I get kicked because the party leader has a slow PC. I think I am also responsible for many deaths of other chars who died during a lag. My current way to deal with this is to swap to cold snap/increased crit chance during party play. Here is a list with the most laggy spells in descending order in my experience:
Artic Breath > Fireball > Firestorm > Arc/Spark/Ice Spear/Freezing Pulse > Cold Snap
This means unfortunately the damage output is somewhat proportional to the lagginess :)

Questions:
I want to finish with some more open questions, in particular to Wurps:

Why dont you use "Maligaros Virtuosity"?
Is the linked gear/skill tree in the first post really your current gear/skill tree?
Dumb question: Does "cast on crit" consum power charges?

Thx in advance
pasta777
IGN ................... MikeManning
Alt Art Stuff ....... view-thread/1401085
Shop ................. view-thread/536289
Boost-Service .... view-thread/543033
Gilde ................. view-thread/817890

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info