[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
Caliginosus wrote:
Why did you decide to use a Cwdt gem instead of Cast when stunned in your boots, HeyterVic? And why on such a low level, shouldn't it procc often enough even on high gem levels?
Wouldn't it be better to use use Cws to use a high level Decoy? Is it because of the low Strength with this build?
Sorry for the question assault. :)

The knockback totem sounds really great. :)

I tested Cast when stunned but I hardly saw its proccing. Gem was nerfed and got more cooldown (250 ms as I remember). Also it can get "only" 50% chance to cast on 20lvl, so its not as stable as Cwdt. Double Cwdt (boots+gloves) is good cuz I can add Increased Duration, which is great for Immortal Call. Ofc I reccomend Quality there (compensates low lvl).
Ye knocback is really nice for this build (either from curse or gem or totem). Saved me many times.
Last edited by HeyterVic on Dec 7, 2013, 2:38:09 PM
Hi
"
Wurps
, may I know the order of the nodes you took?

I don't know where you went for first after you got the Harrier node. Please tell me. Thank you. :)
"
Wurps wrote:
I've tried pretty much every spell combo, EK is actually incredibly strong just so you know.

A variant of your build without Volls, running EK & Hatred is the strongest setup I've found so far. Should hit ~3.6k hp & 25%+ chance to evade with capped resists once I can replace the Tabula Rasa i'm wearing. I'm also using Eye of Chayula for stun immunity which solved most of the survival problems I was having.

Currently lvl 84 running 72-75 maps quite successfully, though still looking for an effective single target attack.

"
HeyterVic wrote:
I can add Increased Duration, which is great for Immortal Call. Ofc I reccomend Quality there (compensates low lvl).

You can actually continue leveling your Increased Duration gem in that setup as it doesn't need to be supported by CwDT and will continue to support the other gems it's linked with.
Last edited by darkflame on Dec 7, 2013, 7:30:58 PM
"
darkflame wrote:
"
Wurps wrote:
I've tried pretty much every spell combo, EK is actually incredibly strong just so you know.

A variant of your build without Volls, running EK & Hatred is the strongest setup I've found so far. Should hit ~3.6k hp & 25%+ chance to evade with capped resists once I can replace the Tabula Rasa i'm wearing. I'm also using Eye of Chayula for stun immunity which solved most of the survival problems I was having.

Currently lvl 84 running 72-75 maps quite successfully, though still looking for an effective single target attack.

"
HeyterVic wrote:
I can add Increased Duration, which is great for Immortal Call. Ofc I reccomend Quality there (compensates low lvl).

You can actually continue leveling your Increased Duration gem in that setup as it doesn't need to be supported by CwDT and will continue to support the other gems it's linked with.

I'm hoping barrage will be good for my build's single target option, but if it isn't then using flame totem to knock things into walls and leave them there while you shotgun them with LA+GMP+CoC+Arctic Breathx2+Conc effect will likely be the best possible.
Could you tell me where you went after the Harrier node in Passive tree?
It's split into two ways. I don't know where I should head for first.

I'm a relatively new player in PoE, would appreciate it if you could tell me / explain to me. Thank You :)

(Excuse any English errors >< lack of sleep)
Last edited by PalmanFenrir on Dec 8, 2013, 12:13:20 AM
@darkflame
Sounds cool. I guess it will take a long time for me to get my Quill Rain 6L.
Do you have your single target setup in your Quill Rain? Should be hard to roll the colours.

How do you gain Power Charges? Some Setup with Cwdt and Power Charge on Crit?
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Dec 8, 2013, 2:11:45 PM
"

Huh... why I was not so smart enough to realize it;P Thx for the nice advice!

This is what I am using now, and although gems are mid-leveled, overall dmg is better than 4xIce Spear (18lvl) on mid range(which is not always allowing to cast 2nd form). Firestorm looks cool, makes lot of hits(crits for flasks and life/mana on hit) and is great with Projectile Weakness to kick monsters away. When I level Arctic Breath(q14%) to some reasonable lvl I will replace Ice Spear and see if its better. Concentrated effect makes it viable I think. Some cold dmg is very helpful on single target to slow/freeze, just for better survability.
Last edited by HeyterVic on Dec 8, 2013, 2:31:56 PM
would this build work in nemesis atm?
"
cheekz113 wrote:
would this build work in nemesis atm?

Shooting pack with elemental reflect or thorn shrine (sometimes off screan) can be one-shot-suicide easily. Also some maps like Collonade, where those knights can have lighting reflect spell on(which is barerly visible) are very dangerous. 82 level is my 1st level I haven't die yet*, due to extremely cautiously gameplay. I never shoot until I check mobs in my range.
In the first page you have some alteration of the build adopted for hardcore.

* however, not;P
Last edited by HeyterVic on Dec 9, 2013, 9:11:36 AM
New barrage skill looks amazing for this build.

Best setup for single target would probably be:

Barrage + GMP + CastOnCrit + Arctic Breath + Arctic Breath + Arctic Breath

(gmp gives barrage extra shots, not a fanned out shot like usual, super nice!)

you'll have to be semi-close to them for this to work, but it should do pretty heavy damage with all of them hitting the same target

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info