[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

More than 1 spell of the same type linked to an aoe spell still seems to proc both spells. e.g. CoCS-Spec Throw-GMP- Fpulse Fpulse. Still seems to cast 2 Fpulses at once. Perhaps it is 1 spell of the same type per hit. As GMP Specthrow hits more than 1 mob both gems are able to cast. Btw why can't GGG clarify something like this. It would save everyone all the wondering.
Last edited by sepiacalamari on Jan 10, 2014, 3:18:45 AM
"
sepiacalamari wrote:
More than 1 spell of the same type linked to an aoe spell still seems to proc both spells. e.g. CoCS-Spec Throw-GMP- Fpulse Fpulse. Still seems to cast 2 Fpulses at once. Perhaps it is 1 spell of the same type per hit. As GMP Specthrow hits more than 1 mob both gems are able to cast. Btw why can't GGG clarify something like this. It would save everyone all the wondering.

Nope, this video clearly demonstrates that only one of the same spell will proc:

http://www.twitch.tv/rickkayo/c/3517787

It also was very easy for me to feel the difference - I used two EKs pre-patch, but post-patch that felt very gimped. I switched to one EK and one cold snap and now my clear speeds are back up.
Last edited by Tamale on Jan 10, 2014, 10:32:23 AM
How do people with these builds deal with ele reflect? If in a team, you could afk a few sec on an ele pack I guess, but when solo?
@Appren
With the amount of life on hit I get I can usually kill ele reflect packs without even noticing they were there.

Special cases containing a huge cluster of mobs like burrowing zombies or sand crabs can be different though.

Last edited by Wurps on Jan 10, 2014, 11:51:09 AM
Ok, so with Thief's Torment effect "(+(20 to 30) Life gained for each enemy hit by your Attacks", do your COC'd spells count as attacks since they proc of an attack, or do you only get hits for each time your actual attack hits? (Which I know can be quite a few times with something like chain+split arrow)
"
Appren wrote:
Ok, so with Thief's Torment effect "(+(20 to 30) Life gained for each enemy hit by your Attacks", do your COC'd spells count as attacks since they proc of an attack, or do you only get hits for each time your actual attack hits? (Which I know can be quite a few times with something like chain+split arrow)

Spells are not attacks, so you only get leech from them if you have the life leech gem on your links, too. The exception to this is using cybil's paw, which gives you a set amount of life per enemy hit by spells... which would certainly interesting variant of this build (but you can't use a bow then, obviously). Probably would want to dual wield it with a high crit dagger.

Also, if you're asking about how to survive ele reflect, I find that putting EK as one of your proc'd spells helps a lot - just take out cold snap for that mob and put it back in when you're done.
Last edited by Tamale on Jan 10, 2014, 2:41:48 PM
EK is green, Cold Snap is blue.... wont work unless you recolor every single time XD

Min you need 3-4Green, getting 5 green is near impossible.

"
Tamale wrote:
"
Appren wrote:

Also, if you're asking about how to survive ele reflect, I find that putting EK as one of your proc'd spells helps a lot - just take out cold snap for that mob and put it back in when you're done.
Last edited by Killia on Jan 10, 2014, 5:41:35 PM
I was wondering about the single target links, I'm having major problems in getting my voll's linked with proper colors, atm I got GGBBBB. so Instead of GMP I have 1 extra spell, currently running Arc, Fireball, Cold Snap and Arctic Breath. How much of a DPS increase would it be if I finally managed to get a GMP into that link? I mean, in a perfect world, shotgunning a mob with all the spells would ofc just be awesome.
"
Bettan wrote:
I was wondering about the single target links, I'm having major problems in getting my voll's linked with proper colors, atm I got GGBBBB. so Instead of GMP I have 1 extra spell, currently running Arc, Fireball, Cold Snap and Arctic Breath. How much of a DPS increase would it be if I finally managed to get a GMP into that link? I mean, in a perfect world, shotgunning a mob with all the spells would ofc just be awesome.

It's a lot.
"
Wurps wrote:
"
Bettan wrote:

It's a lot.

Just got it, and yeah, it was a lot :) Thanks again for a great build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info