[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
pawnstar wrote:

If any1 is interested willing to trade for EX or a reave build

Bow is perfect btw so not selling under 46 EX ( selling as a package deal only - bow must be included)

ign: taxesandboobies

I do hope you're aware that coloring for the bow is incredibly easy to get, I've swapped my bow's colors around like 4 times and always get it back to 4g2b within 20 chroms, if not less than 5.
Please give me advice on this:
I use barrage/ethereal knives*3/cast on crit/life leech on Quill Rain. With just the passives bonusses I reach 34% chance to crit.
But the thing is that I have troubles getting a steady crit-stream. On normal use it seems to depend on my position towards the enemy to get crits. It also helps to move the mouse in a circular movement around the mob. The last thing that improves my chance to crit is holding the mouse button for around 1 to 2 seconds and I get most of the time some crits afterwards!? It's pretty anoying and prefends my build from being effective.
instead of :

lightning arrow + chain + GMP + CoCS + Cold Snap + Arc

could you use

LA + Chain + GMP + CoCS + Cold Snap + Artic Breath
and take Elemental Equilibrium?

I mean, wouldn't it boost cold damage by 50% everytime, wich would make 50% more dps?
I've played this build quite a bit, and it's really strong, thanks Wurps. I want to try something new, so I'm selling off my gear that's great for this build. My Domination shop is here. I'm willing to sell the main pieces 6L quill, 6L Voll's (already colored 3B3G) and Thief's torment, along with already leveled (mostly 19) gems for 38 exalt.
How much or does the Cast on Critical strike affect this build?
So in light of the recent change to CoC - what works now for this build.
What changes do you recommend we make to make it still as amazing as it was before please.
Help? This new change has dramatically changed the clear speed and mechanics of how everything feels.
In some testing, I noticed that lightning arrow no longer procs more than once per "hit". You may notice that barrage feels much better now though. It may be that switching both setups to barrage is now the way to go.

Barrage - GMP - Chain - CoC - Arc - Cold Snap for packs
Barrage - GMP - CoC - Fireball - Arctic Breath - Conc Effect for single target

Test it and see how it goes.
Hey, im starting to collect items for this build and i wanted to know if 6l is mandatory or 5L is still efficient?
And the new change for CoC killed the build or the tests that you make are good with barrage?
Thanks guys for your help!
Hello, I'm also wondering about the change to CoC, I've been collecting gear for this build a short while now, is it still worth it?
And also, thank you very much for this fun looking build, hoping it still works :)
My initial reaction to the patch notes was sheer horror, but after actually playing a bit I don't think the news is all that bad.

I'm not doing this exact build--I'm using a witch instead of a scion, I only have 5Ls, and I use fireball as my primary spell--but how the character plays is pretty similar.

I don't have the utterly ridiculous kill-everything-on-the-screen-and-some-of-what's-just-off-it AoE damage anymore, but I still melt packs in short order. And my single-target damage is definitely improved. The negative change is probably going to be more noticeable to people with 6Ls.

I do still think LA is the way to go against packs, as the massive lgoh is still incredibly useful, as is the speed at which you recharge surgeons flasks. I'm also definitely getting multiple procs off the same lightning arrow; I guess that with chain, the time between the first hit and the last can be more than 10ms. Using quality chain, which increases projectile speed and would therefore decrease the time between the first it and the last, is now a bad idea. On a 6L build, going Vaal Pact and replacing the second spell gem with life leech might make barrage the preferred option for both packs and bosses.

On the plus side, I think my fireball witch may now be playable in parties. :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info