[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

Well after some playing... because the CoC change really scared me - I found out a way to make this work very well with gem/skill changes - still LOOK as awesome .. still have insane damage and still act in the same way :)

To make it easy i'll just link my quill rain and my volls

Hope this helps out people ^_^
(If you have 6L feel free to add something)

(Also i'm not too far into my build yet - but i've followed it as Wurpo has laid out for us...
here is my tree so far - )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABH4FtQzyDkgRlhXwHNwk_S0fLagwcTB8MZ41kjY9OdQ6QjpYOuE7KD7PRnFKyEt4TLNN41AwUUdb9F3yY0NodG0Zbqpv8nBScNV_K3_GguSDCYcZiGuI8YqvjX2Nv5ARkyeUoJ2jnaqgn6GkoqOly6ZXqn-quKxZsZC0DLXyt9a95r68wFHB88ai1CPVANaK2E3aYttZ217dqOHb44TnVOdj8kX5Y_no_Kv-Cv6P_sg=

Last edited by faerain on Jan 9, 2014, 4:33:20 AM
Wurps says that cold snap it makes a visual bug which off the PCs, but i dnt think that its only a bug, cos it takes less CC on my stat sheet when I press C key on LA or Barrage, and also the DPs it gets low when it goes up and down. So, its a serious bug and not still fixed, and looks liemworks like a kind of FS also...
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
I don't think this build is actually nerfed that much, though some changes are probably needed.

In my testing I've found that for group damage, lightning arrow provides no bonus, because the AoE hits enemies simultaneously. I switched to Split Arrow + Chain and found I caused almost identical procs to lightning arrow + GMP + chain.

With fewer procs, doing AoE damage into a pack is more important now. Cold Snap has become a requirement for group damage, IMO. I used to run LA+GMP+Chain+CoC+EK+EK so I could be immune to Ele Reflect if I needed, but that doesn't work anymore. I don't know if the double of the same spell not casting thing is a bug or intended yet, so that might become viable if they fix that part.

I ran some 70/71 maps with the following setup:
Split Arrow - Chain - CoC - Cold Snap - Arc - EK (group damage on a 4g 2b quill)
Barrage - GMP - CoC - Fireball - Arctic Breath - IIR (Single Target)

I found the group damage nearly identical, especially on "standard" packs. The only place where the DPS wasn't the same was killing off that "secondary" pack at the edge of the screen. This was countered by the much better single target DPS than CoC used to have in this setup.
Ive kinda made my own build for this is super fun but try frenzy > GMP instead of lightning arrow as you said lightning aoe all hits at the same time so its useless the goal now is to put as much lead downfield as possible so the increased attack speed from frenzy helps
First post has been updated with some new information regarding the nerf and what should be done about it.

@faerain
Two fireballs would do more damage than one fireball with conc effect
[edit] seems like two of the same spell no longer works, in that case 1x arctic breath and 1x fireball would do more than 1x fireball and 1x conc effect

@Dhoros
Look at your charges tab when attacking stuff, mine stays at 6/6 power charges even when it displays lower numbers.
Last edited by Wurps on Jan 10, 2014, 11:51:47 AM
Is it possible to get 3 greens and 2 blues with 5 sockets? Getting 6 sockets will be a pain.
"
Arthelon wrote:
Is it possible to get 3 greens and 2 blues with 5 sockets? Getting 6 sockets will be a pain.

Lol, yes. Shouldn't even be too hard on a quill rain. If you're trying to get 3g2b on a voll's, that will be quite the struggle.
"

two fireballs will not work after yesterday's patch. only one. second fireball in the same link - ignored.
"
Lipa_ wrote:
"

two fireballs will not work after yesterday's patch. only one. second fireball in the same link - ignored.

LOL ?. Where it says that the other FB are ignored on patch notes ?.

Wurps:

- Finally GOT IT !!!!

One thing: 4227 Chromatics on Volls Protector...

IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
Last edited by Dhoros on Jan 10, 2014, 2:16:20 AM
"
Dhoros wrote:

LOL ?. Where it says that the other FB are ignored on patch notes ?.

http://www.twitch.tv/rickkayo/c/3517787

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info