>>>"The Rolling Thunder" Cyclone+Discharge <<<

bump for visibility :)
IGN: YWDL_LargoLaGrande
Hello! I'm playing a modified version of Rolling Thunder that people might find interesting. Instead of Daggers, I use a 434 pDPS staff. I do proc less Discharge, but my Cyclone deals enough physical DPS to clear packs on its own. I think it's kinda safer, especially with a potential nerf to Cast on Crit on the way. Also, its easy to stack 25% block by using Staff, so you get a nice boost to defense!

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

The +2 Fire Gem Level on this thing boosts Discharge damage by a ton! If only it rolled + Crit Chance, it would be perfect...

And here is a finished version of my build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAdwB5wJxBAcEswVCFCAUTRZvFvkX6hhdGS4ZhRo4Gmwb-h8CJKok4SXfJ-0pTyycLdIyCTbFNug26TrYPAU9X0GWR35KLkyzTdhQMFBHUlNUkVWuVcZXDViuWK9Z81tZZU1mT2agZ71sRnJsdhF4DX6vgUmBb4IQgziE2YV9hymIOIx2j0aQVZHOl5WX9JuhnYqdrp48ns2ftJ_fogCkGacIpzCnhKelqWipbqvFrKqus7I4uUO77b6KwBrEFcT2z2XQ0NIh2CTZYdrd217fsONq5CLsOO1E7m_vfPAf8933vvfX-0X7iw==

If someone has any questions, my IGN is Nuclear_Stick. Thanks for the inspiration!
Phys to light, yo.
I've been playing a build like this that I came up with, and I have to say it's a whole lot of fun. Here's my build:

Current Build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQ5IEZYWvxzcHpQkPCaVJ6kqCyycLR8xnjWSOuE7KD1fQYdEq0ZxSVFMs03jUDBQQlJTU7hVS1WuVupabV76YENh4mKsY0NoDmh0aj9tGW49b55wUnBWcLtw1X_GgwmFVYcTh9uIQojxidOMNo-mkBuTJ5SgmhOcpJ2jnaqiLqKjplenXKw_rFm0DLc-wFHBxcHz1p3YTdpi29TcV-OE52PyRfPq-ej8q_4K_o8=

Projected Build (7 more skill points for more Mana and HP)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQ5IEZYWvxzcHpQkPCaVJ6kqCyycLR8xnjWSNns64TsoPL09X0GHRKtGcUk7SVFMs03jUDBQQlJTU7hVS1WuVupabV76XypgQ2HiYqxjQ2gOaHRqP2sXbRluPW-ecFJwVnC7cNV_xoMJhVWHE4fbiEKI8YnTjDaPpo_6kBuTJ5SgmhOcpJ2jnaqiLqKjplenXKw_rFm0DLSjtz7AUcHFwfPWndhN2mLbXtvU3FfjhOdj6-TyRfPq-ej8q_4K_o8=

Gear

I need a better Dagger with more crit, since I don't really need the attack speed anymore. I was using an attack speed dagger to proc Cast on Crit more times a second, but now my Volls is 5L and I have Faster Attacks =). I also need a better Gloves with resists and hp. My HP right now is around 3k + ~500ES. I am struggling a little bit with survivability, but my resists aren't quite maxed yet and my armor is sort of lacking. Any suggestions would be great!
IGN:SezenNoRegrets
Last edited by Sev3n on Nov 13, 2013, 8:11:58 AM
This is definitely my next build, it's meant to be I even found the Voli's chest yesterday. Looks fun as hell. I don't know if it was you or someone who saw this build running Merc Ledge with me last night. His clear speed was insane. I recommend you be VERY VERY careful if you don't have Vaal Pact yet though...the poor bastard one shot himself when we ran into an elemental reflect rare. It was funny as hell.

I think it would be possible to run Blood Rage late game as well hopefully! Any reason you don't pick up the extra endurance charge since it's only 1 node away? seems it would be worth taking over 1 hp node.

Also late-game when you can get a normal 6L chest and put Power Charge on Crit gem in the last slot.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Nov 15, 2013, 5:33:07 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
This is definitely my next build, it's meant to be I even found the Voli's chest yesterday. Looks fun as hell. I don't know if it was you or someone who saw this build running Merc Ledge with me last night. His clear speed was insane. I recommend you be VERY VERY careful if you don't have Vaal Pact yet though...the poor bastard one shot himself when we ran into an elemental reflect rare. It was funny as hell.

I think it would be possible to run Blood Rage late game as well hopefully! Any reason you don't pick up the extra endurance charge since it's only 1 node away? seems it would be worth taking over 1 hp node.

Also late-game when you can get a normal 6L chest and put Power Charge on Crit gem in the last slot.

But pcoc at 20/20 doesnt have 100% charge on crit, does it?
only 69%, that would slow down the speed of the procs insanely.

I dont pick up endurance charges either since I dont use them at the moment, If you run the build on standard/hardcore I bet it's better since you can use volls devotion there.

IGN: YWDL_LargoLaGrande
"
hilliholli wrote:
But pcoc at 20/20 doesnt have 100% charge on crit, does it?
only 69%, that would slow down the speed of the procs insanely.

I dont pick up endurance charges either since I dont use them at the moment, If you run the build on standard/hardcore I bet it's better since you can use volls devotion there.

True, but it depends on how fast you are clearing. More damage is pointless if you are already killing things as fast as you can run through the zone.
You should drop the +12 to Life node at scion start. Take Path of the Warrior instead for 20str +20 life +12% increased physical.
I've been following parts of this build and just equipped my Voll's the other day. It's loads of fun. I've been looking at other CoC discharge builds, deciding how I want my passives to look in the end, and I was wondering if taking Vaal pact is necessary. A lot of the other discharge builds are ST, which aren't as dangerous as cycloning into a pack of enemies. Vaal Pact is a little out of the way, so I was just wondering how necessary it is at higher levels.

Great build idea, thanks!
"
Zeppelin wrote:
I've been following parts of this build and just equipped my Voll's the other day. It's loads of fun. I've been looking at other CoC discharge builds, deciding how I want my passives to look in the end, and I was wondering if taking Vaal pact is necessary. A lot of the other discharge builds are ST, which aren't as dangerous as cycloning into a pack of enemies. Vaal Pact is a little out of the way, so I was just wondering how necessary it is at higher levels.

Great build idea, thanks!

Without Vaal Pact reflect can be terrifying. Most discharge builds biggest drawbacks are you can 1-shot yourself to reflect. Vaal Pact essentially eliminates that worry.
for anyone interested here is a CI + Vaal Pact build with dagger

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YFfQXTCGcOSBB7ES8RlhUgFdcY2xmiHNwhYCi1KaUqOCpNKwosnCymLL8s6S0fLUc0CjdmOyg9X0CgRKtFlkZxRwZMMkyzTipQMFBCUlNVrlZjVupbr13yXypfamBDY0NtGW49cFJwVnC7cNVyw3TxfVt_xoMJhq6IQohrjDaPppAbkNaTJ5mamhOdo565oqOrC7QMtMW29746wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtzAbXhtsa217b1N0N4oDjhOQI6yzrY-vk7BjvTvId8uHz6vVL_Ks=

for a CI build it can get an insane amount of armour if you get a 6 link eva/es chest and eva/es shield + running grace

the nodes synergise perfectly

i am only level 15 so far but im sure it will work out nicely

hoping to have minimum 4k es combines with instant leech

also for ele reflect

in your maligaros use this

cyclone + CoC + life leech + EK or drop the leech for another EK for super fast boss kills

going CI also lets you use cast when stunned + EK + life leech which is very strong against getting stun locked

another + is being able to use blood rage for permanent frenzy charges

if you are able to get good shield + helm + boots your ES will be 4k + which is probably more then you would get going life

the downside is no eldritch battery but my build picks up a decent amount of mana + mana regen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info