>>>"The Rolling Thunder" Cyclone+Discharge <<<

Same way, but pretty sure the great advantage of cyclone is that you don't need support gems for it. Flicker requires splash and multistrike.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
hi i made it in witch if you are interested http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/573206
Why not Voll's Devotion?

I get the feeling you could easily double your DPS using that.

Also, dual Ungil's Gauches may be a good idea to achieve a good balance of crit and defense (insane block, and since their bonuses are global they buff each other).
Last edited by Falcord on Nov 3, 2013, 11:34:55 AM
"
Falcord wrote:
Why not Voll's Devotion?

Also, dual Ungil's Gauches may be a good idea to achieve a good balance of crit and defense (insane block, and since their bonuses are global they buff each other).

Volls devotion isnt on domination league

ungills gauche only has 6.8 basecrit, that would lower my critchance by 20-30% which is huge.

and dagger+shield is more defensive than some blockchance
IGN: YWDL_LargoLaGrande
EDIT: Didn't know VD didn't drop on the new leagues. Bummer :(

Okay here's my take on the build. This time it's a shadow:

Shadow Dagger Discharger

Gear:

Of course any of these can be exchanged by a relevant rare. The only mandatory things would be Voll's Protection, Voll's Devotion, and I think Thief's Torment to a certain extent.

If you go dual Gauche, the build gets max block. That's max block + Acro dodge + Mind Over Matter + EB. In other words, a lot of mitigation. Of course this is up to the individual and I can understand a high crit dagger + a shield to take this place. But note that by taking dual wield you get to have many interesting nodes, like Twin Terrors, that you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Voll's Devotion is huge in my opinion because every time we blow our power charges up we get a full set of Endurance Charges. This means we're pretty much doing double damage as the version with power charges only. It's also a great amulet that gives HP and all resistances.

Thief's Torment is huge too because of the mana per hit. It doesn't get scaled like Life per Hit does, so cyclone is replenishing our mana so fast that Mind over Matter can keep up no problem.
Last edited by Falcord on Nov 3, 2013, 12:27:03 PM
"
hilliholli wrote:
"
Falcord wrote:
Why not Voll's Devotion?

Volls devotion isnt on domination league

ungills gauche only has 6.8 basecrit, that would lower my critchance by 20-30% which is huge.

and dagger+shield is more defensive than some blockchance

Oh, so drop restrictions didn't get renewed with the new leagues? I thought Voll's Devotion would appear anywhere with the new ones. Shame.
"
Falcord wrote:

Shadow Dagger Discharger

Gear:

Of course any of these can be exchanged by a relevant rare. The only mandatory things would be Voll's Protection, Voll's Devotion, and I think Thief's Torment to a certain extent.

If you go dual Gauche, the build gets max block. That's max block + Acro dodge + Mind Over Matter + EB. In other words, a lot of mitigation. Of course this is up to the individual and I can understand a high crit dagger + a shield to take this place. But note that by taking dual wield you get to have many interesting nodes, like Twin Terrors, that you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Voll's Devotion is huge in my opinion because every time we blow our power charges up we get a full set of Endurance Charges. This means we're pretty much doing double damage as the version with power charges only. It's also a great amulet that gives HP and all resistances.

Thief's Torment is huge too because of the mana per hit. It doesn't get scaled like Life per Hit does, so cyclone is replenishing our mana so fast that Mind over Matter can keep up no problem.

I dont see myself getting to capped resists with more uniques than im currently wearing.
"
hilliholli wrote:
"
Falcord wrote:

Shadow Dagger Discharger

Gear:

I dont see myself getting to capped resists with more uniques than im currently wearing.

Yeah those were just for ideas. Rainbowstride is probably a bad idea. However, the sick mana regen from Thief's Torment might be worth looking into IF you're running on Mind over Matter.
at what level should we get vaal pact? and why not get IR?
"
deadremix wrote:
at what level should we get vaal pact? and why not get IR?

I decided to get vaal pact once I had a 5L and decent gear.

And I'm far from IR that's why I didnt picked it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info