{EDITED} GUIDE to exploding sh*t with arrows - Video --- NEMESIS -

I think your video shows very well all the strengths of the build. It also show what I believe to be the weaknesses, which are the practice it takes with timing and corralling the monsters together to get the most out of the explosion. This is not an easy build to play.

I made my character, and started at the Scion! :)

I started my build at the Projectile Damage nodes, though, as I thought it was just a better place to start, since projectile damage affects the explosion.

I just finished Normal like it was nothing. Once I hit level 19 for EA, I did absolutely no farming and just marched through the content.

my Skill Tree so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAADjwUcSj6NZI26DpSOuFBh0GqSshN41ivWlJuqngNgseHKYjxmK2bXZ2uplenCKiaqW6sWbXytz64k9-_52Pr7vJF8pf56P4K_o8=

and my gear:
Spoiler

I'm surprised at how relevant Goldrim has been throughout the game. +35 to all res is massive.

I'm going to try and stick to Cloak of Flame throughout the game, link it and put my EA in there. It's going to do so much damage. I've got a really good one, only 4 points short of being perfect for res and ignite duration.

What are your thoughts on running Cloak of Flame and Purity for extra resistance, preventing even more converted fire damage? I see it a lot like adding more armor to the build. With 79 resistance, I would have 15.8% damage prevention from the cloak alone ((100*.2)*.79). Not sure if it's worth reserving life for it, though... I'll have to try it out when I get there! If I ever get my hands on Alpha's Howl or Geofri's Crest, I'll drop it in there. The latter seems like a good upgrade to Goldrim.

I also really want to use a totem. At first I wanted to use Detonate Dead + Spell Totem, but it's somewhat disappointing (the damage is actually pretty low). Now I'm not sure whether I should just have a Decoy Totem or a Regen. Anything that can help with Bosses would be really helpful. Any ideas?

I really like the colour assortment for the EA attack, because with a 5-link I can easily swap in an Increased Item Quantity gem or an Increased Item Rarity versus bosses without compromising the skill too much.

Loving the build! It's by far the strongest thing I've played so far (I usually make my own trees/ characters).
Last edited by Obermeir on Nov 6, 2013, 7:16:28 PM
This probably cannot be done as shadow I assume(blood magic being way to far away)..personal preference~otherwise looks like a fun build man
"
nicblue wrote:
This probably cannot be done as shadow I assume(blood magic being way to far away)..personal preference~otherwise looks like a fun build man

Hey,

Heres an example of how one could make the build work with a shadow. In this case I wouldnt get the blood magic node but in stead just go Eldrich Battery and link BM gem to your EA. (would require at least a 5-link to be worth it IMO). Also this means you could run 2 auras with no problem which is great news!. I literally just made this tree in 2 min so it might have some flaws but thats the general idea. Also if you really wanted blood magic its not far away from resolute technique so you could still make it work fine with a shadow even if you pick up BM from the passive tree itself.

This one is for Eldritch Battery

This one is for BM
Last edited by deagle_dom on Nov 7, 2013, 7:27:40 AM
"
Obermeir wrote:
I started my build at the Projectile Damage nodes, though, as I thought it was just a better place to start, since projectile damage affects the explosion.

I just finished Normal like it was nothing. Once I hit level 19 for EA, I did absolutely no farming and just marched through the content.

Yea I updated the build to opt for those Projectile Damage nodes myself as well. I've also made a few adjustments to the tree after posting the first one and I thought I updated it but apparently not so here it is:

(also updated in the first post)

"
Obermeir wrote:
I'm surprised at how relevant Goldrim has been throughout the game. +35 to all res is massive.

I'm going to try and stick to Cloak of Flame throughout the game, link it and put my EA in there. It's going to do so much damage. I've got a really good one, only 4 points short of being perfect for res and ignite duration.

What are your thoughts on running Cloak of Flame and Purity for extra resistance, preventing even more converted fire damage? I see it a lot like adding more armor to the build. With 79 resistance, I would have 15.8% damage prevention from the cloak alone ((100*.2)*.79). Not sure if it's worth reserving life for it, though... I'll have to try it out when I get there! If I ever get my hands on Alpha's Howl or Geofri's Crest, I'll drop it in there. The latter seems like a good upgrade to Goldrim.

I also really want to use a totem. At first I wanted to use Detonate Dead + Spell Totem, but it's somewhat disappointing (the damage is actually pretty low). Now I'm not sure whether I should just have a Decoy Totem or a Regen. Anything that can help with Bosses would be really helpful. Any ideas?

I really like the colour assortment for the EA attack, because with a 5-link I can easily swap in an Increased Item Quantity gem or an Increased Item Rarity versus bosses without compromising the skill too much.

Loving the build! It's by far the strongest thing I've played so far (I usually make my own trees/ characters).

Yea Goldrim has surprised me aslo. Originally I expected to use it up until maps since I would start purchasing gear at that point but I just didn't feel the need to upgrade it. In terms of resists and life it is really cheap and easy to gear up an EA character since you can opt to go 1-2 resists on all items and avoid the 3-resist prices. Since you dont really need anything aside from Armour, HP, Resists you've got an easy time finding gear. What I did find important is ARMOUR. Do NOT underestimate the importance of this. The build gets aquite a few armour nodes and for these to be effective you have to get armour gear. I made the mistake of not buying any gear when I went to maps and started doing them with pretty much all self found gear (my boots and quiver were bought). Sadly I died at lvl 78 to some invisible mobs after I enetered a map. After walking about 1.5 screens I started taking damage but didn't see any mobs and my health started depleting in huge chunks and fast (could only have been physical damage as I had positive chaos res and 77% all res. Out of instinct I started spamming pots and shooting split arrow in the hopes of getting some life back from LoH (in case I was desynced in/near a pack of mobs) but didn't help and I tried logging out but my health was going down way too fast. So yea, sadly I died to what (as far as Im concerned) could only have been physical damage.

This is why I dont recommend using cloak of flame since it's a huge bulk of the armour that you will get from gear.

As for the totem, Decoy works fine and I've really liked having a rejuv totem around (when I played with a friend who was running it) although I dont think its really core.

Oh and in case anyone was interested heres the gear I had on when I died
Does anyone know if the reduced duration gem speed up fuse time and is it a support gem you would use with ea?
Hi guys i made a scion im lvl 9 and already started following the guide. I got none of the gems but rain arrow and split arrow...

I wanted to know if in nemesis its nice to solo and survive too and you can wreck the crap out of enemies
"
Hi guys i made a scion im lvl 9 and already started following the guide. I got none of the gems but rain arrow and split arrow...

I wanted to know if in nemesis its nice to solo and survive too and you can wreck the crap out of enemies

Its very easy to solo with in Nemesis. The thing about this build its really strong for groups with the impressive AoE damage it brings to the table but its also perfect for soloing because of the same reason. When soloing as shown in the video you can just wreck packs of mobs with ease.
"
surly1 wrote:
Does anyone know if the reduced duration gem speed up fuse time and is it a support gem you would use with ea?

Im not sure if it reduces it or not but either way I would not link it anyways. The short time youre given before the explosion is used to cast flammability and sometimes you have time to get off 1-2 shots of split arrow to trigger EE before the explosion for maximum damage. The only thing you might want to speed up is projectile speed but definitely not shorten the fuse time. You would only see a decrease in DPS
"
deagle_dom wrote:
"

Its very easy to solo with in Nemesis. The thing about this build its really strong for groups with the impressive AoE damage it brings to the table but its also perfect for soloing because of the same reason. When soloing as shown in the video you can just wreck packs of mobs with ease.

Well im only lvl 9 but i wanted to know when do i get to the explosive wrecking? all i do for now is spam arrow rain because split arrow and poison arrow is bad at my lvl
"
"
deagle_dom wrote:
"

Well im only lvl 9 but i wanted to know when do i get to the explosive wrecking? all i do for now is spam arrow rain because split arrow and poison arrow is bad at my lvl

I would ditch the Rain of Arrows for now and just use spectral throw with LMP and a 2H weapon. Start using Explosive Arrow around lvl 30 when you get Blood Magic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info