{EDITED} GUIDE to exploding sh*t with arrows - Video --- NEMESIS -

"
PigOfPain wrote:
"
deagle_dom wrote:
"
PigOfPain wrote:
Currently following this build and am at level 32 doing dock runs. I'm having major DPS issues right now, as well as survivability from spamming EA. Any advice? Does this build get stronger when I reach the +burn damage nodes because right now I got to BM and am going up the loop.

Yes the +burn damage nodes greatly increase your damage and make sure to pick up elemental equilibrium also. It plays a really big role when it comes to dealing damage. This does however require at least a 3-link so you can get split arrow, chain and life on hit on it. It should also fix your survivability issues since the life on hit hitting a whole pack of mobs will fill your hp to full from 1-2 hits. If youre online I you should message me and I can look at your gear and maybe make suggestions or talk to you ingame

Would you mind posting a link to your passive tree so I can see what point youre at?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecUcSj6NZI26DrhQYdBqkrITeNYr2h0bqp4DYLHiPGUoKZXpwinMKlurFm18rc-uJPYTdpi2t3fv-dj6-7yRfno_gr-jw== I have a 6 socket 4 link Quill Rain and other then that below average gear... Running EA+Faster Projectiles+Elemental P+ Chance to ignite, and Split Arrow + Add lightning damage

Alright. The build tree looks correct but note that the +30dex node should only be taken if you need it to equip gear or level up your gems. If you get enough dex from your gear (i.e. quiver, rings, gloves) then head straight for the burning damage.

I would switch the faster projectiles from your 4-link for a fire penetration gem since it will increase your damage a lot.

With split arrow I wouldnt use added lightning damage since you dont have anything to multiply it with so its really not going to be impactful at all. Also try and get it at least to a 3L (should be easy) and run it with life on hit and chain. (if you dont have them I can sell to you for 3 chaos for the 2 of them).

After you get the burning damage nodes you should get Elemental Equilibrium for another huge damage boost while making sure you dont have + x-x fire damage on anny gear.
I might also suggest using life leech in the early levels if you wish as the explosion damage gives you a huge amount of life back from mobs.

This is the bow i am currently using for the build
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
Thanks for the reply deagle! I currently do not have a fire penetration gem :X.. The reason why I added lightning damage to split shot was because I'm so desperate to get some damage right now and I do not have chain and LoH.. After getting Elemental Equilibrium, I would first shoot them with 1 round Split Arrow to change their resists to cold or lightning and then shoot them with EA? Also, I've never used EA before, do I just stack EA 5 times and then stop? and then shoot again after the fuses blow up? Can you maybe just briefly explain the gameplay a little? Thanks!
"
PigOfPain wrote:
Thanks for the reply deagle! I currently do not have a fire penetration gem :X.. The reason why I added lightning damage to split shot was because I'm so desperate to get some damage right now and I do not have chain and LoH.. After getting Elemental Equilibrium, I would first shoot them with 1 round Split Arrow to change their resists to cold or lightning and then shoot them with EA? Also, I've never used EA before, do I just stack EA 5 times and then stop? and then shoot again after the fuses blow up? Can you maybe just briefly explain the gameplay a little? Thanks!

Use the split arrow after stacking the fuses on the pack since the explosion triggers EE so their fire resist gets buffed after the explosion. Most of the time you can start shooting split arrow right before the explosion goes off so that there is minimum downtime in terms of the enemy mob's fire resist being debuffed. Burning damage does not trigger EE so as long as after the explosion you fire 2-3 split arrows all the mobs should be under the EE effect for. EE works on hit and doesnt have a base duration so its always going to be affected by the latest form of damage dealth to the pack of mobs.

Basically this is the process you should go through when approaching a pack of mobs:

1) Stack 5 fuses on a mob
2) Cast flammability as soon as the 5 fuses are stacked
3) Start shooting split arrows as soon as you have casted flammability
4) Once the first explosion goes off start stacking more fuses and repeat the steps

I promise to make a gameplay video tomorrow to display how the build can oneshot pretty much all yellows even in Merciless Docks. I can also go a bit into detail on the actual mechanics but yea, it's going to have to wait 'till tomorrow seeing as its almost 9am and I'm balls tired
I played a similar build in closed beta and it was easily the most fun character I had.

How do you deal with ST damage? Before, I found that when I was going up against any kind of high-life single enemy (like a boss or something) unless they were standing up against a wall (which fuses can stick to) my dps was pretty much crippled. I wasn't running EE, but I was running Conc Effect instead of Inc Aoe so my ST damage should have theoretically higher to begin with. Does the extra -res from EE really add that much ST damage?

Also, I'm poor now, lol, would Rain Of Arrows be a reasonable stand-in for Split+XMP+Chain until I can get around to finding/buying XMP and chain gems?
ign: weaklygdlk
"Charge chicken is dangerous, they are master of killing me." - fasknifer
"
deagle_dom wrote:

Basically this is the process you should go through when approaching a pack of mobs:

1) Stack 5 fuses on a mob
2) Cast flammability as soon as the 5 fuses are stacked
3) Start shooting split arrows as soon as you have casted flammability
4) Once the first explosion goes off start stacking more fuses and repeat the steps

If you add a volley of split arrows after the explosion, you can make the mobs weak to the burn damage as well.
I kinda want to try bow scion and the idea of spamming explosions everywhere sounds cool (gameplay video would be awesome) but I'm kinda curious: with all those STR nodes why not pick "Iron Grip"?
"
Lukiner wrote:
with all those STR nodes why not pick "Iron Grip"?

The explosion part of explosive arrow is not an Attack and Iron Grip only applies to Projectile Attacks.
Ok so back now after a couple days break. I'm uploading the gameplay video that many have been asking for... It was done literally in the time the video lasts so dont judge on gameplay or precision or mechanics cos I tried to just showcase the strengths and weaknesses of the build in the short time I had to make the video. Also note my TERRIBLE armor which can be clearly seen when I run the lvl 67 Sewers map and start taking some physical damage.
Added the new gameplay video. Feel free to diss, critique, worship, whatever....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info