[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

"
For me power charge is more valuable. Damage i recieve from it equals to 19% spell damage. Thus for price of 1 passive point, i get benefits of 2.

Of course it depends on how easily you can gather those charges, but i disagree with you on this one.

I plan on playing with power charge.

Could you give us your passive skills tree and, why not, your gear ?

Thanks.
"
Funadept wrote:
"
For me power charge is more valuable. Damage i recieve from it equals to 19% spell damage. Thus for price of 1 passive point, i get benefits of 2.

Of course it depends on how easily you can gather those charges, but i disagree with you on this one.

I plan on playing with power charge.

Could you give us your passive skills tree and, why not, your gear ?

Thanks.

I see no harm in giving passive tree and gear:
LVL 85 Passive Tree
I optimized it to my current gear and the fact that I use Infernal Mantle and Power Charge on Crit as last gem in 6L (by importance). For 5L Bada's is better, because I consider CE and FP more important that Power Charges, because you dont need to worry about gathering and keeping them.
Without Infernal Mantle Sovereignty and Throatseeker clusters became disputable. I keep Sovereignty because without it I'd fall into low mana after firing Fireball.

Spoiler

"
Sarunastm wrote:

Not less than 35% of Mana?

Brainfart - you're correct.

"
About chaos damage curse/blessing part. it looks that way to you, because you get used to damage and if you encounter chaos resistant mob you feel that you do less damage. While in reality damage most likely would be is same you would do with other chest. Either way many mobs are resistant to either fire or elemental too. Which also lowers you dps. Also there is mobs who are resistant to fire, but not chaos. Anyways for Fire Shotgun Infernal Mantle is good chest, especially if you're running power charges (100% crit on chest is nice).

My point was that 25% of your damage ends up being unsupported. There's no doubt that Infernal Mantle is the best DPS chest for Fireball chars. It would be better without that conversion to chaos though :-)

I'm curious about your build btw
-whats your tooltip FB DPS (unbuffed & with 7 PC)? I'm guessing ~8k fully buffed?
-ES = ?
-How do you like Fireball with CE and no Amplify? Which skill do you find yourself using mostly, Flameblast or Fireball?
-Why Rainbowstrides? Your block is too low to make use of it, they just end up being 'good' boots, not great.
-Have you tested out Crit Weakness vs. Elem Weakness? On paper, Crit weakness looks better. but if you meet a Fire Resistant Mob, wouldnt Ele weak pull ahead pretty quickly?
-Whats your mana regen? I see no AA, so I assume all of your mana regen gear is to support FB only?
-How much DPS does Doryani add? I'm seriously considering it for mine.
-And lastly.. how do you live without Lightning Warp? =D
Last edited by j0zef on Apr 15, 2014, 12:52:08 PM
"
j0zef wrote:
"
Sarunastm wrote:

Not less than 35% of Mana?

Brainfart - you're correct.

"
About chaos damage curse/blessing part. it looks that way to you, because you get used to damage and if you encounter chaos resistant mob you feel that you do less damage. While in reality damage most likely would be is same you would do with other chest. Either way many mobs are resistant to either fire or elemental too. Which also lowers you dps. Also there is mobs who are resistant to fire, but not chaos. Anyways for Fire Shotgun Infernal Mantle is good chest, especially if you're running power charges (100% crit on chest is nice).

My point was that 25% of your damage ends up being unsupported. There's no doubt that Infernal Mantle is the best DPS chest for Fireball chars. It would be better without that conversion to chaos though :-)

I'm curious about your build btw
-whats your tooltip FB DPS (unbuffed & with 7 PC)? I'm guessing ~8k fully buffed?
-ES = ?
-How do you like Fireball with CE and no Amplify? Which skill do you find yourself using mostly, Flameblast or Fireball?
-Why Rainbowstrides? Your block is too low to make use of it, they just end up being 'good' boots, not great.
-Have you tested out Crit Weakness vs. Elem Weakness? On paper, Crit weakness looks better. but if you meet a Fire Resistant Mob, wouldnt Ele weak pull ahead pretty quickly?
-Whats your mana regen? I see no AA, so I assume all of your mana regen gear is to support FB only?

~5.5k without charges, ~8.3k with 3 frenzy and 7 power charges.

-ES = ?
8943 with Discipline

Radius is small either way and my damage is enough to easily kill most of the mobs. I didnt fell practically any difference when i refunded Blast Radius, so i guess i'd fell same with amplify. But it does same me lot of trouble on El. Reflect maps when i meet those crabs that dig up from ground... With Blast Radius and Amplify if i soaked good crit on them... Scary thought.

Fireball. In original thoughts Flameblast should have been huge part of build, but ended up used as easy way to remove those pesky immortality totems, sometimes necromancers and similar thing without needing to warp into surrounding or needing to running to get clear shot, or killing same skeleton few times.

I had them... since forever. Kinda used to them. Main reason is Mana i get from them. I also plan to get Phalanx, then I'd have 38 block and 12 spell block. Not great, but at least something. But I'm not completely sure about that. I may change them but I'd need to find possible alternatives and do lot of calculations involving Mana/EShield/Block...

Actually i just changed my 20/20 El.Weakness in to Crit Weakness. According my calculations it looks practically same on 75 Fire res mobs, but i calculated with 20/20 Crit Weakness. On mobs with 0 fire res it should deal ~35% (from memory) more damage. Also it gives me less fire damage, but more chaos damage. Better on reflect. althrought on reflect maps I'm not using curses. I'm currently building my map pool so i run in 70-71 lvl maps. So basically that curse is only for stronger bosses like Piety or Caliga... In other situations no need for main curse.

190 Mana Regen. Yes thats for supporting FB only. Actually not fully enough for that, because FB costs me ~217 Mana per second. So sometimes I molest Divination Distillate.

I use it sometimes for shortcuts (it's on shield), but prefer Quicksilver. And i try not to use in combat, because sometimes because of desync pleasures it doesnt teleport me.

And lastly I agree with you that Infernal Mantle would be better for damage without chaos convertion. But then I'd need to apply cuts, because Reflect would be too much to handle... But where...
Last edited by Sarunastm on Apr 15, 2014, 1:04:44 PM
hey just a question. isn't it better to get the elemental damage and spell damage next to mental acuity rather than the immolation fire damage nodes? because the elemental damage and spell damage add up to be more than the fire ones.

and is the life and mana next to mental acuity really worth it? i have mana regen gear so i dont need mana. when it gives u life, does it add to base life so all "increase life by %" apply?
"
Jah_Ith_Ber wrote:
hey just a question. isn't it better to get the elemental damage and spell damage next to mental acuity rather than the immolation fire damage nodes? because the elemental damage and spell damage add up to be more than the fire ones.

and is the life and mana next to mental acuity really worth it? i have mana regen gear so i dont need mana. when it gives u life, does it add to base life so all "increase life by %" apply?

Spell damage doesn't get applied to burning damage. I therefore think one is a bit better off with 42% fire damage that gets applied a second time on fire trap's burning ground dot and on burning than with 30% elemental + 16% spell.
The 20 life/mana is added to the base on which all the %increase work. Even with high mana regeneration you need a big enough base mana so the regeneration has a sufficient effect.
Formula: Max mana x 1,05 / 60 = mana regenerated per second. That value is then increased by your increased manaregeneration mods. So, yes i personally think it is worth the point.
Hi, just want to know if u pick eldrich battery for ur life based passive tree.
"
katsss wrote:
Hi, just want to know if u pick eldrich battery for ur life based passive tree.

If you have trouble managing your mana pool, yes. I designed the life tree so that EB can be picked up without investing in transition nodes.
Re doryanis belt...with around 9+k dps lmp fb only went up like 500 dps! Boosts fire dam but not spell. Still a bis item for fb as both nice dps and life leech. Ignite can be nice for dot users. Kind of a letdown on dps boost as I was thinking full 30%.
"
faustian1 wrote:
Re doryanis belt...with around 9+k dps lmp fb only went up like 500 dps! Boosts fire dam but not spell. Still a bis item for fb as both nice dps and life leech. Ignite can be nice for dot users. Kind of a letdown on dps boost as I was thinking full 30%.

Are you talking about Doryani's Invitation heavy belt? If so it is little wonder fireball ain't affected as this belt increases cold damage, not fire damage. Bis item for freezing pulse i would say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info