[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

There are phys, cold, light and fire variants. Again with 9k dps it was slightly hard to swallow that 29% fire dam meant only 500 dps.

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
faustian1 wrote:
Re doryanis belt...with around 9+k dps lmp fb only went up like 500 dps! Boosts fire dam but not spell. Still a bis item for fb as both nice dps and life leech. Ignite can be nice for dot users. Kind of a letdown on dps boost as I was thinking full 30%.

Are you talking about Doryani's Invitation heavy belt? If so it is little wonder fireball ain't affected as this belt increases cold damage, not fire damage. Bis item for freezing pulse i would say.
"
faustian1 wrote:
There are phys, cold, light and fire variants.

Good to know. I only saw the cold variant that is linked in ignarsolls unique items thread.
I don't remember seeing this anywhere but I may have missed it. What did you do to meet the dexterity requirements of Fire trap / LMP when they got close to level 20? They each have a requirement of 95+ and the skill tree only gets you to 74. Would you advise picking up a specific amulet w/ dex or speccing a couple extra points into dex nodes?
Best slots for stats with mine as examples:
Dex - gloves (31), ring (23) and amulet (14), with 1 passive node - total 122
Str - Belt (58) and amulet (14), with 3 on the way passive nodes - total 156
"
Onething wrote:
I don't remember seeing this anywhere but I may have missed it. What did you do to meet the dexterity requirements of Fire trap / LMP when they got close to level 20? They each have a requirement of 95+ and the skill tree only gets you to 74. Would you advise picking up a specific amulet w/ dex or speccing a couple extra points into dex nodes?

Easiest way is to get a citrine/turquoise/onyx amulet with an extra DEX mod like for example

Gloves and rings are other places with possible Dex rolls. I wouldn't spend extra points on some DEX transition nodes.
Does anyone know what this guy is using?

http://youtu.be/MZmYP-1bl8c

I see GMP, faster casting, pierce, fire penetration on the fireball

increased rarity, cold to fire(?), LMP on the incinerate totem

What is the third aura he's using?
he uses the standard clarity-purity auras. his third status buff icon is arctic armour.
"
godlyatheist wrote:
Does anyone know what this guy is using?

http://youtu.be/MZmYP-1bl8c

I see GMP, faster casting, pierce, fire penetration on the fireball

increased rarity, cold to fire(?), LMP on the incinerate totem

What is the third aura he's using?

He doesn't use pierce (you can see the fb ain't piercing). I think it's an "o" for concentrated effect.
The "X" on flame totem (not incinerate) is blind (cold to fire wouldn't make any sense)
Last edited by Bada_Bing on May 2, 2014, 4:09:40 AM
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
He doesn't use pierce (you can see the fb ain't piercing). I think it's an "o" for concentrated effect.
The "X" on flame totem (not incinerate) is blind (cold to fire wouldn't make any sense)

"
Kiedel wrote:
he uses the standard clarity-purity auras. his third status buff icon is arctic armour.

Thanks for the identification. Can I use the build in the OP and achieve similar results as the video?
"
godlyatheist wrote:

Thanks for the identification. Can I use the build in the OP and achieve similar results as the video?

Sure, if you have good enough gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info