PvP Feedback

Really disappointed there's no cutthroat yet. It's been advertised since the beginning, but the devs are too wimpy to truly embrace the idea.
"
ain wrote:
Really disappointed there's no cutthroat yet. It's been advertised since the beginning, but the devs are too wimpy to truly embrace the idea.

In my opinion they should of combined domination and nemesis into one league and had a cutthroat league.

There has been an outcry for an "open-pvp zone" from the PvP community. Some place where you can make a public party and people can join and test their hero's resilience against any number of other players.

Would also keep players involved in PvP as they move thru the PvE aspect of the game. As their hero begins to take shape the public pvp parties they see all the time will look enticing.

I still love this game but I feel like GGG is really neglecting the PvP/cutthroat playerbase.
Dear GGG, Can we get some communication on the PvP Patch? Please and thank you! I was under the assumption it would be included in 1.0.2.
Pvp is starting to become very fun, however there are a few things that remain quite overpowered, and thus cause a much less satisfying player vs player combat. The two main issues I see are:

Max block

I am not suggesting a nerf to block builds, simply an option to counter them. The removal of the sword bypassing block nodes from the Maura tree was a step backwards, especially in player vs player. Why are there not passives that allow other weapons a % chance to bypass shields? I understand moving the tree around is not easy, but how about another option like creating a skill gem that allows this? Or you can even upgrade a current mod like pierce. It seems very logical that the option to pierce should go through shields... right?

WHY DOES PIERCE NOT COUNTER BLOCKING?

Eternal Knives

It is not that this skill does too much damage, but that it is a spell doing physical damage. How can a spell do physical damage? By allowing a spell to do physical damage you are entirely eliminating pure evasion builds against ek. A normal attack you could evade, and spells you have resistances for, but a spell that does physical damage entirely counters the current gaming system and balance. Bear trap falls under this also,but has gotten better since nerf. So you removed the ability to entirely bypass block builds with swords, yet you leave ek's ability to entirely bypass pure evasion builds. I understand you upgraded dodge, but a 40% chance to dodge being one shotted isn't effective at all.

I am not attacking Max block ek builds... but they are the cookie cutter build for player vs player by exploiting these unbalanced topics previously discussed.

Dublicious
I dont see block as a real problem here, because when you can bypass it with a gem for what should I use a shield then? What a real problem is, is Aegis. High Armor or high Armor/ES chars are way too hard or impossible to kill with any faster attack.
EK is a real problem for sure, but with the latest changes I also see Righteous Fire as really unfair in PVP now. Even with 78% Spellblock you get damage as hell, this makes no sense. As melee you can only counter this with two curses, very high fire res and then run to dont get into the circle. Thats total crap and should be changed in PVP mode.
well said on last 2 comments, it takes people i dont recognise atm to understand how cheap the arena has become.

cheap 'pvpers' still hiding

edit: to me aurora specs are fine but i understand why vs other builds it is impossible to kill
100 Marauder - Hardcore
28 PvP Duelist (271/69), 100 PvP Marauder (1147/219)- Standard [Retired in 2014]
The most reliable cross league trader HC <----> SC
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320004
IGN: BNDTJE
Last edited by Banditje on Dec 4, 2013, 8:47:25 PM
EK is the go to skill for anyone wanting to win. Its very forgiving on the tree side of things and naturally is great because armor is joke to begin with. Add natural critical chance any caster should have and well..the damage goes through the roof. You can't have enough armor in this game to deal with the damage. Let alone most players couldn't ever live a critical with even a smallish 300% multiplier...not to mention the achievable 900%+. Most match ups boil down to this "Do I get 1hit by a critical or do I get lucky and he doesn't critical". Its been beaten to death by now though, we all know whats wrong with pvp here. Casters will delusionally say block/molten/criticals/tempest shield and penetration gems aren't an issue. Melee will delusionally think melee sucks...when melee with a shield is just as good as any caster with a shield. Wish GGG had an avid pvper amongst the devs, one that has been in the arena to see how cookie cutter and exploited it is. Not one that just pops in a few times if he ever does at all, sees a few guys and chalks it up as "working as intended". Theres a reason why everyones using a shield and the same assortment of skills, their proven and require little effort. You're the champion of the arena by just recasting Molten shell repeatidly til you land a critical for fuck sake. Or going RF and just standing near someone. The more they work towards improving pvm the more pvp gets further fucked in the ass with every new addition to the game.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 4, 2013, 9:17:47 PM
EK crit/block is old news. Rf burn is the new OP. Shits almost impossible to beat. :/
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Dec 4, 2013, 10:32:52 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
EK crit/block is old news. Rf burn is the new OP. Shits almost impossible to beat. :/

i die instantly vs a lvl 67 rf and im lvl 92 with max res block/spell

100% sure is impossible to beat
plz nerf
I think RF will get near impossible to kill when 1.03 comes up with the possibility to increase the DOT damage. Also my personal hate, viper strike and massive chaos damage will come back with this (Im sure you level 92 are the person who uses this).
I use Bringer of Rain and have to change four items to get full chaos resist. This is near impossible with all the gems to do it in the arena. GGG should really lower the DOT damage in PVP and also RF should be possible to block with spell block, because it is a spell. But this doesnt work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info