PvP Feedback

We'll said mojojo
"
"
MullaXul wrote:
EK is the go to skill for anyone wanting to win. Its very forgiving on the tree side of things and naturally is great because armor is joke to begin with. Add natural critical chance any caster should have and well..the damage goes through the roof. You can't have enough armor in this game to deal with the damage. Let alone most players couldn't ever live a critical with even a smallish 300% multiplier...not to mention the achievable 900%+. Most match ups boil down to this "Do I get 1hit by a critical or do I get lucky and he doesn't critical". Its been beaten to death by now though, we all know whats wrong with pvp here. Casters will delusionally say block/molten/criticals/tempest shield and penetration gems aren't an issue. Melee will delusionally think melee sucks...when melee with a shield is just as good as any caster with a shield. Wish GGG had an avid pvper amongst the devs, one that has been in the arena to see how cookie cutter and exploited it is. Not one that just pops in a few times if he ever does at all, sees a few guys and chalks it up as "working as intended". Theres a reason why everyones using a shield and the same assortment of skills, their proven and require little effort. You're the champion of the arena by just recasting Molten shell repeatidly til you land a critical for fuck sake. Or going RF and just standing near someone. The more they work towards improving pvm the more pvp gets further fucked in the ass with every new addition to the game.

and the sad part is pvm in this game is soooo fucked as well lol, endgame system so heavily skewed ... monsters are so easy to kill except for that 1 in a million damage spike that surprises you out of nowhere ... namely dominus smash, vaal smash, piety megaera and some other bosses with -max / vuln / dmg mods, and a rare bear or vulture with map and rare mods making hit for 10k. And nemesis bullshit like storm herald, corrupt blood and flame/stormblood explosions. In d2 even normal monsters would scare you, like gloams vipers suiciders succubi mintoaurs etc. Why this game got GOTY award from gamespot just proves how many braindead monkeys there are out there. You dont give an arpg an award because you played through normal mode and enjoyed it for a few hours.

Maps need lots of currency to improve quality and affixes, high end map drops are still hard to come along, and hence sustaining high end pool is super difficult unless you rmt or trade exalts all day, new recipe for chisels is a fucking JOKE, and the best uniques and rares / craftables still need high maps, and last but not least ... EXP, only in high maps is found, cuz the lunaris exp 'buff' was a joke too.

love the bolded part tho

I disagree with all of this. If you wanna qq about monsters being hard dont play HC. Thats why there are so many league modes. Its like someone contacting ggg and saying I desynched and died can u reset my character. If you want a casual experience play softcore or domination where dying once in awhile to damage spikes isnt a big deal. Dont go into HC leagues and when your char cant steam roll everything qq. If GGG wanted this be fairy loot land everyone has mirrors and rolls great weapons in 3 chaos, I am sure it would not be hard for them to do so. There is a reason they are known as GRINDING GEAR GAMES. Its their game, you decided to support it and if you dont like it go play world of warcraft. I will be here waiting patiently because I know a small dev team takes awhile to produce but I think GGG still has wind beneath them especially winning some nice 2013 awards.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
[Removed by Admin]

how many fingers did you break smashing your keyboard just now? rofl

And gamespot is a turdpile website, its no better than 21st century fox or MTV ... so what if the mass sheep media all think its the holy grail? Gratz on being another sheep, bleath bleath

Playing merciless? I could do up to dominus with my eyes closed lol, it dont mean shit.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Jan 7, 2014, 4:33:55 AM
Hi there

Please keep posts on topic and refrain from any further antagonising of other players. Further posts of this nature may lead to probation from the forums.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
A post with the words 's*** d***' is left in the witch forums, unedited, after I Showed it to you, but my posts are offensive!

And yes, gary, I did email support. I let them know how good the moderation is around here. Thanks for your prodding me to do so. Good day sir.
Last edited by theamazingjojo on Jan 7, 2014, 4:31:49 AM
"
"
[Removed by Admin]

how many fingers did you break smashing your keyboard just now? rofl

And gamespot is a turdpile website, its no better than 21st century fox or MTV ... so what if the mass sheep media all think its the holy grail? Gratz on being another sheep, bleath bleath

Playing merciless? I could do up to dominus with my eyes closed lol, it dont mean shit.

u were just complaining about vaal smash and now u say u can do dominous with your eyes closed. Contradiction imo.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Well, back to PVP.

I've played a few games, and am also a D2 PVP fan. I must say that although I enjoyed every match I've played, I do see some balance issues, probably due to some skills being meant for PVM.

I find the biggest difference between PoE and every other hack/slash game out there is that it rewards the player who builds their character defensively. Skill points are allocated to increase survivability first, and desired gear mods are life and resists rather than things that increase damage. Fighting monsters with higher health and regeneration allows you to hack all you want, and all the damage is centered around having one good weapon (hence the gear dependence, imo).

The repercussion on dueling is that players are heavily skewed towards defense and games seem to drag on, because they have 5000 life and tons of armour and life leech. I played a game where the enemies strategy was to just stand there and take damage to activate gems that would deal damage back. I was running a heavy life regeneration build. We could not kill each other. He ended up unequipping gear so I could kill him and get it over with.

I think the biggest wrongs I've found are that life regeneration and Energy Shield regeneration (Chaos Inno. guy who just runs away to regenerate all his health in a few seconds=lame) drag games on too long. the very close runner up was Life Leech (Sin Treks and the Bloodless node make it less of an issue). This should be changed, I think, and wouldn't have such a big impact on PVM. Reduce the effectiveness of life regen. and make ES regenerate more slowly. Or, I have another possible idea.

I'm a really big Magic: the Gathering player. I play Legacy pretty seriously, and I also see a lot of resemblances with this game. I like to think of having extra items in my inventory as a "sideboard", to counter other strategies more effectively. What I think would make PVP really "cool" would be to have a series of skill gems that are geared towards PVP (but also slightly useful in PVM). It would allow players to develop counter-strategies and counters for counter-strategies within a match, just like in MtG.

A good example of a use of "sideboarding" is my plan versus Righteous Fire builds. I carry a Ruby Flask (the Blue Elemental Blast of PoE) in my belt and a high level Purity of Fire gem in my inventory. When I see Righteous Fire, I can switch quickly to Purity of Fire and pop my Ruby Flask and have 90% fire resist. With my life regen., I could easily sustain the rest of the damage. If I wasn't already using a curse that applies when I hit, I would also use Elemental Weakness or Flammability, so RF would deal damage to him, too.

A good "PVP skill gem" idea could be an aura skill gem that stops (or slows down) Life and Energy Shield Regeneration. It's only moderately useful in PVM, but it can be a great counter or a response to a counter-strategy in PVP. You could also have gems that slows down Life Leech and Mana Leech, that weaken the power of curses slightly, etc. Well balanced Skill gems of this nature could fix a lot of problems, imo, and would increase the "meta-gaming" aspect of the game, forcing players to prepare their characters for different situations where they would be less effective, making them stand a better chance, thanks to their foresight.

One last thing I want to mention is Evasion. Because every character is on the same skill tree, there are obviously some nodes that are "staples" in character building. One such node is Resolute Technique. While having 100% accuracy might be okay in PVM, it completely nerfs a type of armour that one might like to use in PVP. Evasion is considerably weaker than the other two armour types because of this node (and its' synergy with Unwavering Stance, who are very close together). If you're playing a physical damage character that isn't critical strike based, chances are you're going to make the trek to Resolute Technique. It also makes accuracy nodes and Dexterity nodes superfluous. This "cutting out" of such a huge part of the game is not healthy, imo. It's very hard to think of a viable pure-evasion character for PVP, because so many players just ignore it. It's just restricting choices for players, in the end. Fixing this is a bit more complicated, as it can affect builds pretty severely. Perhaps, instead of just giving 100% accuracy, no matter what, it could add a really strong multiplier to accuracy? This would force players to invest points into accuracy/ Dexterity nodes, and wouldn't completely ignore Evasion, unless the character is very well built to reach 100% accuracy.

In the same respect, Ondar's Guile is pretty unfair, as it nerfs bow players who aren't using Resolute Technique or Lioneye's (in which case, it's the complete opposite). This creates a situation where you "have it or don't", which makes duels one-sided.

I'm going to keep dueling and having fun, but I look forward to some balancing to make the experience even more enjoyable.
Last edited by Obermeir on Jan 8, 2014, 10:21:42 AM
"
Banditje wrote:
it would not make sense blocking explosions right?

Would you like me to make a list of aoe spells that for some reason makes total sense being able to be blocked?
Tired of waiting for pvp in this game
"
TheDiablo666 wrote:
Tired of waiting for pvp in this game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info