PvP Feedback

"
MullaXul wrote:
Rory, your answers to the pvp and balance related questions during the podcast left alot to be desired. I hope you guys really have a plan otherwise I kindly suggest maybe playing the game some so you see where alot of people are coming from. I know you guys put a ton of work into this game and we all appreciate it. I feel alot of us expected after today to have a little more to go on, instead were still idle. Just like every other day, 0 pvp progression.

Did anybody else hear the podcast? I tuned in but missed a lot of the pvp stuff.

Anything else mentioned?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Rory, your answers to the pvp and balance related questions during the podcast left alot to be desired. I hope you guys really have a plan otherwise I kindly suggest maybe playing the game some so you see where alot of people are coming from. I know you guys put a ton of work into this game and we all appreciate it. I feel alot of us expected after today to have a little more to go on, instead were still idle. Just like every other day, 0 pvp progression.

Did anybody else hear the podcast? I tuned in but missed a lot of the pvp stuff.

Anything else mentioned?

I just heard the archive on Hege's twitch. You can find it here http://www.twitch.tv/hegemonytv/c/3722570
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Ok thanks. I have a bit of a hearing impairment so it's hard to parse out what they're saying between the accents and audio quality. :)

Aux's voice is the only one I can really understand well.
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Feb 14, 2014, 10:05:08 PM
Ya it shifted tones alot, very hard to understand it all myself. One interesting thing to take into account though is this new expansion. That last paragraph claiming corruption of items and gems. If that means we get access to "vaal corrupted" gems/items, well...just concider pvp balance double fucked. Haven't hit the balance on the existing stuff and it keeps getting buried further and further beneath new things just compounding the problem. If that line indicates we get new or augmented versions of old gems/items that are even better then before well....pretty obvious thats just another layer of issues in this department.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 15, 2014, 7:48:47 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Ya it shifted tones alot, very hard to understand it all myself. One interesting thing to take into account though is this new expansion. That last paragraph claiming corruption of items and gems. If that means we get access to "vaal corrupted" gems/items, well...just concider pvp balance double fucked. Haven't hit the balance on the existing stuff and it keeps getting buried further and further beneath new things just compounding the problem. If that line indicates we get new or augmented versions of old gems/items that are even better then before well....pretty obvious thats just another layer of issues in this department.

Thanks. Hopefully March 5th proves to be good for pvp. We can only wait.
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:

Thanks. Hopefully March 5th proves to be good for pvp. We can only wait.

So the expansion is about corruption? Hell, that's what pvp is already about! GGG claims they are not pay to win? Have any of you guys at the office tried pvping for an hour on standard? We'll if you haven't rmt is a main issue, and will be worse when pvp tournaments start.There is a person who stays qued 24 7 who I know for 100% purchased all of his gear with real money. I will not name shame but every avid pvper knows who I am referring to. I wrote you guys at ggg an email, and explained how he even told me he rmt'd hundreds of exalts. The evidence and witnesses are easily accounted for.The response email said they would take actions as they see fit. Nothing was done to enforce an easily provable case of rmt. If there is no enforcement of your rules against rmt then they are not rules. If pvp tournamens are won by such cheaters, it will defy your entire anti play to win game model, and what this game stands for. I am trying to help clean up your gaming community, but I need your help ggg.
Dublicious
Proving that someone is an RMT'er with 100% certainty is a very hard thing to do.

Messages can be altered. Screen shots can be photoshopped. They basically need to be caught red handed in the act which might be easier said than done.
Well nothing is 100% if we want to get down to it, but it was not my intention to debate epistemology ;), I just feel we as a pvp community deserve to not have to fight cheaters...
Dublicious
"
ddub3987 wrote:
Well nothing is 100% if we want to get down to it, but it was not my intention to debate epistemology ;), I just feel we as a pvp community deserve to not have to fight cheaters...

I totally agree. I just think on GGG's behalf they don't want to take the off chance of banning an innocent person, so that puts everyone in a difficult situation.
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
ddub3987 wrote:

I totally agree. I just think on GGG's behalf they don't want to take the off chance of banning an innocent person, so that puts everyone in a difficult situation.

in 99% of other games i played, there was rmt. and in all this games the staff had the capability to see cases of rmt just buy checking trading logs.
if you see that i have 300 exalts, check where they came from. if they came from a trade where he gave me 50 exalts and i gave him nothing, do more controls and you will see that they came from a strange account that gives free items and exalts to every char he traded with.
this may not be possible if they use that exalts for crafting for example because they disappear, but items should have anyway a unique id i think, so if for every action there is a log (in this case for example i used exalted with id xxxxxxx on an item) staff should be able to see it anyway.
maybe there is something wrong or something that i didnt understand well, but this is what staff of other games explained to how they fought rmt or duped items etc.

am i totally wrong or in this game for some reasons it isn't possible?
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Last edited by tempallo on Feb 15, 2014, 11:43:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info