PvP Feedback

"
Veta321 wrote:
I've played cutthroat. There's no sense of community or social organization and further I'm not sure anyone really wants to play an entirely different league for open world PvP. Cutthroat only makes sense in the capacity of griefing. So unless there's a particularly good reason against grief-proof open world PvP in standard leagues I'm still puzzled.

On that note, I've actually given a lot of thought on how a permanent grief league could work. You can read about it here on reddit, although I doubt it's any more comprehensive than what GGG came up with in an afternoon.

I should clarify. When I say open PvP, I don't mean joining someone's party and just wrecking their shit. That would be griefing, that's what cutthroat is about. I mean the custom PvP games hosted on Diablo 2, often named "DUELZ SORC VS BARBS" and the like. That stuff not only fosters community, it allows for tons of custom game scenarios that would not make sense for match making.

Yeah, i would agree with you i guess.

On the other hand i am happy to discover that they are making a perma grief league.
"
On the other hand i am happy to discover that they are making a perma grief league.

Me too.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
GGG opened a PVP Feedback section, so why do we dont get any Pvp ?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/588157/page

tell me one counterargument against this ( read topic )

PVE player will still have their lategame and can grind the fk out of this game.

PVP player like me have a motivation to Equipp his char, we all know Pvp in Hacknslays isnt balanced, but thats the point, we all want to be the god of the arena.

GGG would gain a way more players if they imply this feature, i mean ... Staying 30 min in Town and wait on a 6 v 6 ctf ???? whats wrong with you
I would really like an open world pvp, playing pve is just so boring sometimes, and the matchmaking sucks.

From what you guys are saying though; a permanent cutthroat league? that sounds awesome, i haven't had the chance to play cutthroat yet, but it looks almost exactly what I am looking for.
how do I enter a PvP if I'm level 70? If you only enter the PvP whoever to level 28?
Damn, i was really lookin forward to cross league pvp. Does Aux's voice carry that much weight when it comes to pvp???

"
how do I enter a PvP if I'm level 70? If you only enter the PvP whoever to level 28?

go to merciless act 3 and talk to the chick? next tot he blacksmith.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Nov 15, 2013, 5:32:27 PM
"
oowarpigoo wrote:

go to merciless act 3 and talk to the chick? next tot he blacksmith.

Maramoa act 3 merc
IGN: _Firebitch
I'm a relatively new player to PoE. Played D2 and the like a lot. Played a round of cutthroat the other day- even though I got killed it was so much fun. Finally a game that doesn't cater to whiny cowards. The reason 'griefing' pvp is so fun is the thrill of the hunt- for both the hunted and the hunter. PVP, even in a controlled environment, is often boring if you just queue up and play and there aren't any real consequences. It's nothing compared to being hounded through an entire level by someone trying to kill you, especially if that's hardcore mode! Perhaps I'm just a sociopath but here's what I would think would be fun:

Hardcore
Drop Items on Death
The ability for someone to drop in and fight you when you aren't expecting it.

Keep in mind I'm not even that good at the game, so playing a mode like this wouldn't even be advantageous to me, but it would be so much fun! Who needs AI minibosses when players can duke it out randomly with everything on the line?

But yeah I see how balancing could be a problem. Dare to dream.
character name the basedranger we need open world PVP coming from GW and vanilla through BC WoW the only thing that would keep me logging on after clearing end game was Pvp some games better then others.. making new passive tress and getting creative is great and all but at the end of the day if i dont get to see how mine stacks up against someone else's in a open pvp map it becomes boring. Micro transaction guaranteed if something like a open pvp map is implemented
PvP is a bit bad...
And why the f*** there's no pvp in cruel?!? (at least I don't have that option) :(

Arenas are nothing special and "feedback" is awful... have to wait too long for somebody to join 1 on 1 'cause nobody's playing (group pvp haven't even had a chance to try - had to wait too long for others to join, so I always leave).

You should be able to fight in a range of 5 lvls and, if U wish, U can challenge somebody that's 20 lvls up from U (he can reject).

Arenas should be more open and a bit bigger. And have better cover and stuff...

Would be fun to have an option where U pvp another, but U can also add Wraeclast creatures (no rare/unique)... So U have to kill 10 suckers and defeat a player. First player that "asked" for pvp can "create" a game - the type of arena, what and how many creatures. And it's your choice if U want to enter that pvp (but U can first explore the rules of pvp).

Also a feature to create only "caster pvp" (or "ranged pvp" or "melee pvp"). U create a game where only spells can be used, weapons deal no dmg.
Or "no auras pvp" challenge.

There should be an option for party pvp - U and your party can challenge another party...
It doesn't matter if it is 3 against 5, only that matters is average party lvl and you can challenge party's that are +5 or -5 lvl from yours.

Just my opinions...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info