PvP Feedback

Nerf Molten shell with a cooldown and severe damage nerf or better yet just fix the way penetration gems work in pvp. You should be able to stack against - resistence no matter what form. Its bull shit I need to eat 40k+ dmg minus critical with 40resistence max after 1 penetration gem. Its been written a million times, the shit is just beyond stupid. Trigger gems created even more anti melee set ups paired with the traditional block/reflect/molten and thats before the guy even decides to attack himself.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 31, 2013, 8:34:29 PM
Match making doesn't work if there isn't a preexisting community. And you can't build an ARPG PvP community without Open PvP. Players need to be able to suggest PvP in the gamelist and self organize fair-ish scenarios. You can't do that in a match making framework. Furthermore match making is inherently unsocial.

I hope we don't have to wait until PvP flops again for GGG to change their mind on Open PvP.

As an aside: the level 28 cap for normal PvP is ridiculous and totally counter intuitive. How am I supposed to PvP once I reach Act 3 or Cruel? If you're going to have arbitrary level caps then at least make them frequent enough that I'm not in PvP limbo with a lvl40 character. I don't think I've ever played a game where PvP restrictions actually undermine playing PvP.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Oct 28, 2013, 1:42:44 PM
i don't get it why people keep complaining about lvl 28 cap.
to get all quests (skill points) you need to kill piety in act 3 normal which can be easily done with lvl 25-28. (if you dont have uber items then just join a group and keep an eye on xp.)

You don't start a PvE character and then halfway you decide ima go PvP and complain about being overleveld or whatever.
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
"
Funcrusher wrote:

You don't start a PvE character and then halfway you decide ima go PvP and complain about being overleveld or whatever.

Think about how silly that sounds.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
On CTF:

Drop in and drop out would be a huge boon for this gametype. Someone leaving early can really hurt. Another idea is handicaps when the game gets one-sided. If a team is losing it receives +10% damage and movespeed. The handicaps could increase depending on how severely a team is losing too. I know it sounds ridiculous but I've seen it used to great effect in the StarCraft 2 custom game scene. Even if the opponent is the one with the handicap it makes for a much more challenging, engaging match.

Addendum: A general level based handicap might be a good idea for any kind of PvP.
Last edited by Veta321 on Oct 30, 2013, 4:44:32 PM
I am with Veta321 on this one, it would be so simple to have public (pvp) games, people could join in and out as they please to test their character against others. This is such a great idea for dueling as well, instead of having to run around town bothering people with duel requests.

Obviously change the PvP sections to each difficulty (now with Dominus being the gateway to the next PvP stage/difficulty) This would split it approximately 1-35, 40-60(Cruel PvP, yay!), 65+

This would allow all sorts of antics, I could pit my 60 summoner against my two level 50 friends in a battle of the bones! Stuff like that isn't possible with matchmaking, matchmaking will have a place but too much structure can be detrimental to the PvP community.

The public pvp games would show up in all acts of that difficulty of course, as for where the PvP takes place, that is up to GGG. Maybe a little island near Wraeclast where the exiles go to pit themselves against eachother (of course equipped with a large enough area to fight with obstacles, possibly some monsters (or not), a stash (to change and test gear), vendors, and a seamless transition from the vendor/stash area to the PvP area as to avoid loading screen ganks.

Some of this may be similar to Diablo 2 style PK games but that alone kept me and others interested in the game for over half a decade! The evidence of a successful idea will be seen when PoE pvp explodes in popularity as it's implemented! I, myself know a handful of people who would return.

As always I applaud GGG for their dedication to a great game, but it does have a major flaw imho and with that fixed, it could be EXCEPTIONAL!
Last edited by Deriv on Oct 29, 2013, 2:18:45 PM
Trigger gems fucked pvp worse then it ever was. This games pvp gets more hopeless by the day. Its entirely a waste of time to even pvp at the moment. Its just 1 bull shit trigger gem cookie cutter anti contact build after another. Drawing games or wasting your time til you fall asleep. Didn't know the goal for pvp in this game was to immitate post 1.09 hacked Diablo2. Where everyone blew and relied on heavy programs/auto skill triggers and healing to pvp people into boredom.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I agree with Veta321 fully. Open pvp would be really nice, matchamking is just so antisocial
i 100% agree with deriv
pvp is hidden in 2 npc with ridiculous lv cap, once you got lv29 you can't do anything until you reached act 3 merciless
lots of people do not even know pvp exist in that game

pvp have LOTS of potential in poe
an arena, were player could figth(not only match-making), have fun and test their build would be really good
i know pvp will always be kinda "dominated" by big build like LA ranger but people will maybe start to strategically think about pvp build that could be better than 1 button spam build

another missing thing that block pvp is reward, with reward for pvp, people could start to be interested, it could also help the poe economy a lot by improving a social aspect of the game

i would really appreciate comments from you, GGG, you made a wonderfull game but you forgot an aspect of it and i hope you gonna help pvp
"
ddub3987 wrote:
First off, GGG you guys are great and thank you for this game. However, WHY IN THE HELL ARE THERE LEGACY ITEMS!!?
You just killed Standard League pvp before it was even born. That's right, you aborted standard pvp , and turned it into legacy pvp! Do you not want your 50+% of your player base to play pvp? You are making all these cool implementations; like capture the flag, yet you are ruining pvp by allowing a tremendous advantage from legacy items. We want some feedback from some devs on this problem! I've spent many hours , and many dollars toward you guys because I really enjoy this game and almost everything you guys do. But seriously what are you doing? I have a very bitter taste in my mouth, and I would like an honest answer.

Chris? Why are you destroying your Standard Leagues PvP?

I agree. Skill balance is one thing (and needs work) but guys running around with legacy Kaoms Heart and Shavronnes Wrappings is ridiculous. They will dominate and basically everyone who doesn't have one will never ever get one.

Just to clarify, those items won't make them invincible but its definitely a distinct advantage.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Nov 5, 2013, 5:46:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info