PvP Feedback

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ddub3987 wrote:
First off, GGG you guys are great and thank you for this game. However, WHY IN THE HELL ARE THERE LEGACY ITEMS!!?
You just killed Standard League pvp before it was even born. That's right, you aborted standard pvp , and turned it into legacy pvp! Do you not want your 50+% of your player base to play pvp? You are making all these cool implementations; like capture the flag, yet you are ruining pvp by allowing a tremendous advantage from legacy items. We want some feedback from some devs on this problem! I've spent many hours , and many dollars toward you guys because I really enjoy this game and almost everything you guys do. But seriously what are you doing? I have a very bitter taste in my mouth, and I would like an honest answer.

Chris? Why are you destroying your Standard Leagues PvP?

I agree. Skill balance is one thing (and needs work) but guys running around with legacy Kaoms Heart and Shavronnes Wrappings is ridiculous. They will dominate and basically everyone who doesn't have one will never ever get one.

Just to clarify, those items won't make them invincible but its definitely a distinct advantage.

): Needs fix.
Why cant GGG just give a Statement to an open area Pvp field ? i guess its not that much Work to imply it
"
halio111 wrote:
Why cant GGG just give a Statement to an open area Pvp field ? i guess its not that much Work to imply it

They said they're against it, for whatever reason. I suspect they have a good reason or concern. But that concern must be resolved and we must have Open PvP if the community is to flourish.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 7, 2013, 6:25:05 AM
"
Veta321 wrote:
"
halio111 wrote:

They said they're against it, for whatever reason. I suspect they have a good reason or concern. But that concern must be resolved and we must have Open PvP if the community is to flourish.

Where did they say that?

Also, cutthroat is awesome and fun. The problem is it last for what? 1, 2 hours? If they don't want open pvp in permanent leagues, why don't they make 1 week cutthroat? That would be fun imo :)
Last edited by thor6136 on Nov 8, 2013, 7:56:41 AM
"
thor6136 wrote:
"
Veta321 wrote:
"
halio111 wrote:

Where did they say that?

Qarl has said on multiple occasions they will not add hostile or open world PvP.

http://www.pathofexile.com/search/results/qarl+hostile+pvp/search-within/forumposts-forumthreads/forums/411/time
First result, although you'll find multiple instances of Qarl reiterating there will not be an Open PvP, usually supplemented by something about how fun Cutthroat is. Of course anyone familiar with the D2 dueling scene knows that's not quite the same thing. Cutthroat is an action packed anti-social circus, Open PvP is social and can be organized if you want it to be and in ways that match making cannot.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 8, 2013, 8:00:35 AM
Aight i am looking at some search results, it seems like they have in plan Cutthroat permanent league and they are working on it. So guys, just wait, this will be our open pvp :)

"
Q) You mentioned in one video that creating a complete "cut-throat league" is one of your long time goals/dreams. Where do you see the main problems/difficulties with this?

A) For cut-throat, the challenge is making griefing fun rather than annoying.

"
There will be a Cut-throat league in some form, but possibly not by October. We still have issues we need to solve for long term Cut-throat.

Veta, what you are referring on, he simply said that there will not be a hostile or open pvp option in Normal league. And that is reasonable imo. There should be an option to either play in pvp or pve only league.

There is a topic going on in race/league feedback forum:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/537151
Last edited by thor6136 on Nov 8, 2013, 8:07:03 AM
PKing is fun but not entirely the reason why people want Open PvP. Some people want to duel in teams and balance sides on the fly. For example, the two best players on the same team against everyone else i.e. 2v4. You can't do that in match making. Likewise you can't enforce anything like U10 or U45 dueling. That type of emergent socially driven PvP experience is impossible in a match making framework and not well suited to an anti-social gank fest like Cutthroat. Don't get me wrong, both MM and CTL sound like loads of fun - just not the panacea to PvP's woes.
"
Veta, what you are referring on, he simply said that there will not be a hostile or open pvp option in Normal league. And that is reasonable imo. There should be an option to either play in pvp or pve only league.

I'd like clarification from a dev if that means no PKing in standard leagues or if it means no agreed upon custom and open world PvP settings. If we're talking about the latter then you can easily design an open world PvP without enabling griefing. Just require mutual hostile.

Further, open world PvP allows for emergent scenarios like 3v3 in a Piety or Vaal fight. It seems like there's so many reasons to allow it and I can't think of any against it. Maybe it's a misunderstanding of semantics, maybe GGG has a good reason, I'm not sure and I wish I could give an answer every time this comes up on the forums.
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 8, 2013, 8:12:09 AM
If you read, they are trying to make permanent cutthroat league with different rules. To make a league not annoying as you stated (perma gank one of the thins on the list for sure). So these ideas are probably being considered right? U18 , 2v4 .. = custom scenarios. Now i don't know what is on their mind but they aren't blind and are probably reading this so ye. They are making long tearm cutthroat league with different rules, and there is a possibility that those rules are the exact same what you are stating.

Or at least i hope so :)
Last edited by thor6136 on Nov 8, 2013, 8:15:05 AM
I've played cutthroat. There's no sense of community or social organization and further I'm not sure anyone really wants to play an entirely different league for open world PvP. Cutthroat only makes sense in the capacity of griefing. So unless there's a particularly good reason against grief-proof open world PvP in standard leagues I'm still puzzled.

On that note, I've actually given a lot of thought on how a permanent grief league could work. You can read about it here on reddit, although I doubt it's any more comprehensive than what GGG came up with in an afternoon.

I should clarify. When I say open PvP, I don't mean joining someone's party and just wrecking their shit. That would be griefing, that's what cutthroat is about. I mean the custom PvP games hosted on Diablo 2, often named "DUELZ SORC VS BARBS" and the like. That stuff not only fosters community, it allows for tons of custom game scenarios that would not make sense for match making.
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 8, 2013, 8:21:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info