[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

Hello Everyone, I'll be delaying my arrival to the 5th of march instead of the 23rd of feb! hope to see you all soon!
bowing out
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Oct 7, 2014, 11:08:55 PM
"
FullCust wrote:
pohx can you bro deal me your taming

nah just leaving his gear on him
I'm not gonna lie, this is the most fun build I ever played (and I played a lot of builds since cb, from RF to Blender, GMP FP to Incinerate Spellblocker, Searing Touch Firetrapper in CB,...)

However, I am now level 75, and looking at my passive tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABS0IZw5IEZYVIBg8GNsc3B6UIWAkPCepKaUqTSzpLagxnjIYNZI_J0CgQYdGK0ZxSVFKfUrITeNOKk6bUzFWLVptW69bu176YEtnoG6qb55vvHBRcNV07XTxeLp6736wf8aCHoMJhTKHdohCiPGKr4_6kBGTJ5M6naOeuZ97plem56dcrD-sWax_sZCzA7QMtfK3PrfWvSfAUcHFwzrKSthU2wvbWdvn3FfdDeOE52PyHfno_Kv8xf4K_o8=

I cant help but wonder, might going for Cloak of Defiance and dropping IR not be worth it? It would free up up to 25 points, which can be invested all around the tree, seeing as how starved for points this build is already(!)

I am currently at a measly 180% increased health (translating to 3350 life), and looking for ways to rationalise my tree, this is what I came up with. Get Cloak of Defiance, drop the whole bottom side of the tree (mainly USELESS, with IR at least, DEX!) and invest it on stuff mainly in the shadow tree like this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe31pM621m9Jy2oGDyxkPnogwlGcW-etAzKSpMnGYYc3JLzf8asR6KjJ6kRlpLNwfNabZ2j6yyCHiQ8_KsqTYhC2wunXD8n8h1JUUrIbqq18jWS_o-sWU3jiPGmV-djOuExnv4K8kVe-o_6STs2e7Sj2-cyGLMDb7xTMabnDkidqmKs1p3jhMBR8-pwUnDV7hW3dYhrtvcRL13ynWPljqSxjDZVSyaV3FcelKw_8XZ-sFu7cFHYVEWWfVsVIIPb_EvOcWwWwzpWLax_RitOmw==

I honestly feel that, at my point of progress this tree would be much much better, seeing as crit scales kind of exponentially with itself (crit and multi, i mean), and the build relies on critting fire traps to do any substantial amount of damage, I can't help but think this tree to be superior, both damage and survivability wise.

The obvious problem, if you look at that tree, would be: Where to progress afterwards. I havent found a solution to this, I would probably get the mana reservation nodes in order to support running both grace AND disc myself (you dont, because youre only partying. I can see that, but it really shows when following your guide mainly solo, and this is one of those spots)

Evasion vs. Armour is another concern when dropping IR. I have not tested it, but I think AA should do a well enough job of reducing small instances of physical damage well enough to warrant dropping the measly armour I have atm (2.5k solo). Cloak of Defiance would also give much needed Mana Regenaration, my current gear and build doesnt seem like it will be able to support a lvl18 or even beyond AA, even though I have replaced the regen you have on your dagger with 2 nodes. It would also ease up the process of itemfinding, seeing as jewelry and especially an ammy (Crit Multi, Life, Res, Mana Regen: GOOD LUCK even finding one. If you do, its probably a mirror service item) is really really hard to find.

Maybe Eva is even better with AA than armour, because of being able to evade big hits, a vulnerabitly of AA + armour builds (both are more effective versus small hits, as everyone knows)

Ironically, the literally useless Dex one would "lose" dropping the south side of the tree would become actually useful going EVA, but alas.

tl;dr: What do you think about dropping IR and going CoDefiance for massive pointgain?

Second, much easier and shorter question:

Spoiler
Where do I upgrade, especially more health and mana regen? (dont mind the somewhat underleveled gems in places; Bought some 20% stuff that needs to catch up)

Last, but not least: Thanks again for creating the most fun build in Path of Exile. Its actually interesting to play, unlike all the other builds, where the theorycraft is fun, and then youre lvl75 and think to yourself "Yeah, so i basically stand in place and press RMB... guess it works..."

Rotations, constant kiting, and the "offensive supporting" you can do in groups is so much fun. If you think about it, applying a triple shockstack (which this build, with my gem setup does 99.99999999% of the time) is a 90% more modifier on the damage of your whole party, which basically translates to this: You deal 90% of the damage of your whole party combined, JUST BY SHOCKSTACKING. Add to that that your real dmg is INSANE if you crit(Oneshot everything, always, at least in my limited experience), and every party should be glad to have you on board! So thank you so much!

/edit: Should Shadow/Witch area be buffed, especially in the life department (im reasonably certain it will), come 1.1, it is DEFINITELY SUPERIOR to drop IR and go CoDefiance, not even close, IMO.
Last edited by Inkompetentia on Feb 28, 2014, 7:24:42 AM
Hey man, trying your build and so far I love it, its really fun to play and the fire trap crit are so enjoyable :D
But I was wondering how do you get to 1181% crit multiplier? by looking at your stuff and tree I dont see that much
Muaddib
"
Muaddib81 wrote:
Hey man, trying your build and so far I love it, its really fun to play and the fire trap crit are so enjoyable :D
But I was wondering how do you get to 1181% crit multiplier? by looking at your stuff and tree I dont see that much

The math was done on one of the replies in this thread, you need to factor in crit weakness
you will still make your build a trap in the new league even with fly monster ?
"
frisi wrote:
you will still make your build a trap in the new league even with fly monster ?

I think i've had enough of playing a trapper, i'll prob make a completely new build
Hey Pohx,

Your build has convinced me to roll a trapper for the new leagues. Will you be updating the skill trees for the new changes that are coming in about 24 hours?

I think I have the theory down pretty well but I would love to see what an experienced trapper does with these skill trees after the change. I would like to start as a scion also, but not sure how viable that will be until the new tree comes out.
Scion is no longer valid trapper. Only shadow now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info