[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

Hey, I just came across your build and I have a questions regarding Sunblast.
1. Why do you use it?
2. How does it interact with the trap limit?
3. Does a Multi-Trap Throw count as 1 Trap towards the limit, or as 3?

I hope you can help me out - I need it for my Bow trapper.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Edited multiple times**
Pohx,

What if you swap out bear trap for ice spear with power charge on critt?

You can use doedre's elixer x2 flasks but: 1. you dont have granite/jade flasks. 2, very dependent on clear speed of group for flask recovery i think and therefore wont have it always up. 4. half regen/no regen maps u have to use the Lavianga's spirit flask. 5, if u run with MF'er u have to remove culling on bear trap. 6. if you can pretty much 1-2 shot most mobs (and bosses) with fire trap, hence bear trap with culling looks like a small bonus at best so not really needed imo.

Now if u have ice spear with power charge on critt, FC and gmp(mind u want lvl 1 for them so not to take damage on reflect mobs), you have a 100% upkeep of power charges at a small cost.
I think this setup could be very use full for people that struggle to improve their Critt chance. **One disadvantage is corrupting blood can fuck your shit up though.

For instance, a spirit shield with high spell dmg, life, critt chance and resists would cost few exalts minimum. Iv'e also checked, atm there are only 4 of those shields on the forum(nemisis) and only one of them have good resists. If you dont have a problem with resists then you can buy those shields no problem but with our gear( abt 4 uniques) capping resists are a problem.
However, now im thinking about it, a poor guy could buy a shield with spell dmg, life and resists and skip the spell critt chance on it for much cheaper and still be able to have around 32-35% spell critt chance buffed.

*If you still want your bear trap, i suggest going with a 3 link (cold snap, ele prolif and trap setup on either your weapon or shield, assuming you have your auras on one of those.

I think this might be a viable option for those with little currency to spent.

PS, i have tried swapping out IAoE for PCoC on my cold snap but that's not viable. havent tried it with shock nova but i think i might have similar results.

PPS, just a tip for those that are not capped on elemental weakness maps. Swap out your weapon or shield for this unique rapier
. You should till be able to shock stack and freeze mobs which is still very usefull in groups!
Last edited by Scrapm3tal on Jan 20, 2014, 2:41:26 PM
"
DLimited wrote:
Hey, I just came across your build and I have a questions regarding Sunblast.
1. Why do you use it?
2. How does it interact with the trap limit?
3. Does a Multi-Trap Throw count as 1 Trap towards the limit, or as 3?

I hope you can help me out - I need it for my Bow trapper.

30-40% Increased Trap Damage
20% Mana Regen
Block & Stun Recovery is Nice

It doesn't affect your trap limit at all, it just allows them to detonate quicker which doesn't really effect anything what so ever, the goal is to throw the trap at the enemy, not allow it to sit there.

Multi trap support gem gives +3 to traps, if your maximum traps total is 6, w/o multi and you throw a multi you will keep all 6 but have 9 out because multi trap will go over your cap, support gem should tell you it raises the cap I believe
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Edited multiple times**
Pohx,

What if you swap out bear trap for ice spear with power charge on critt?

You can use doedre's elixer x2 flasks but: 1. you dont have granite/jade flasks. 2, very dependent on clear speed of group for flask recovery i think and therefore wont have it always up. 4. half regen/no regen maps u have to use the Lavianga's spirit flask. 5, if u run with MF'er u have to remove culling on bear trap. 6. if you can pretty much 1-2 shot most mobs (and bosses) with fire trap, hence bear trap with culling looks like a small bonus at best so not really needed imo.

Now if u have ice spear with power charge on critt, FC and gmp(mind u want lvl 1 for them so not to take damage on reflect mobs), you have a 100% upkeep of power charges at a small cost.
I think this setup could be very use full for people that struggle to improve their Critt chance.

For instance, a spirit shield with high spell dmg, life, critt chance and resists would cost few exalts minimum. Iv'e also checked, atm there are only 4 of those shields on the forum(nemisis) and only one of them have good resists. If you dont have a problem with resists then you can buy those shields no problem but with our gear( abt 4 uniques) capping resists are a problem.
However, now im thinking about it, a poor guy could buy a shield with spell dmg, life and resists and skip the spell critt chance on it for much cheaper and still be able to have around 32-35% spell critt chance buffed.

*If you still want your bear trap, i suggest going with a 3 link (cold snap, ele prolif and trap setup on either your weapon or shield, assuming you have your auras on one of those.

I think this might be a viable option for those with little currency to spent.

PS, i have tried swapping out IAoE for PCoC on my cold snap but that's not viable. havent tried it with shock nova but i think i might have similar results.

PPS, just a tip for those that are not capped on elemental weakness maps. Swap out your weapon or shield for this unique rapier
. You should till be able to shock stack and freeze mobs which is still very usefull in groups!

You can't use PcoC on traps, it will go to the trap and not the user.

I don't feel it's worth dropping your bear trap, my bear trap goes upwards of 22k Tooltip damage in groups, if players want to boost their crit rate they could just weapon swap gmp ice spear, it should only take half a second to refresh the power charge, you lose so much damage potential by dropping bear trap

Also the guide specifically states that the crit trapper is expensive, they should know this going into it.

The unique weapon will kill your damage in groups
"
Pohx wrote:
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:

Also the guide specifically states that the crit trapper is expensive, they should know this going into it.

This Unique Rapier is just a temporary fix for when you can buy good gear to up your resistance. Your fire trap damage will be useless but you can still shock and freeze. Also note that elemental weakness maps are few and far between.

I havent thought about the weapon swap. But you can still use bear trap and pcoc without weapon swap like i mentioned.
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
"
Pohx wrote:
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:

This Unique Rapier is just a temporary fix for when you can buy good gear to up your resistance. Your fire trap damage will be useless but you can still shock and freeze. Also note that elemental weakness maps are few and far between.

I havent thought about the weapon swap. But you can still use bear trap and pcoc without weapon swap like i mentioned.

I still can't justify using the unique weapon, if anything just drop an aura and run Purity of elements, losing all that damage is just way to much.
Last edited by Pohx on Jan 20, 2014, 7:15:09 PM
The guide should pretty much be complete, if anyone has any questions just remember to post them here
I have a question about the Voidbringer gloves. Would they be good for the build considering the possible 150 CC for spells and the massive ES (more mana and mana regen)? or does the crit multi on maligaro's outweigh the crit chance?
"
BurgundPL wrote:
I have a question about the Voidbringer gloves. Would they be good for the build considering the possible 150 CC for spells and the massive ES (more mana and mana regen)? or does the crit multi on maligaro's outweigh the crit chance?

You're forgetting the ramped up mana cost which will destroy your mana, it doesn't out weigh the mana you get off it which gets converted to ES, you'll also lose some esesntial armor if you plan on soloing, leaving the crit multi out you also will lose tons of crit on your Bear trap since it's not a spell
"
Kazmio wrote:
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
whats a solid critt strike chance to have unbuffed 20%, 25% or 30%?

Yeah, I'd like to see whats your crit chance on Fire trap is -

I have mine at 17% (not transited over to crit yet) and won't do it too early. So what mark should I aim for before going fully crit ?

Still waiting for this question to be answered. PS, mine is currently at 25.9%. In theory, I would have to throw 4 traps for one of them to crit but at 32-33% 1/3 should critt. Is 32-33% the minumum best critt chance to have then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info