Arc

lvl 42 lightning / summons witch. Arc is decent enough, fills a long range niche that lightning was sorely lacking so that's good. Not a particularly amazing skill though with its mediocre damage and higher mana costs. I like that chance to shock, if buffs are in order that might be an interesting place to start (bump it to 15% or 20% or something). 3 and 4 chains at lvl 10 and 20 would also be nice.
Get the passives that increase chance to shock near minion instability - i got my arc to 30% chance to shock and it is really nice , with conductivity it gets to more than 40% , could get arc with quality for even more but i dont think thats necessary
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
sharkh20 wrote:
I'm building a double arc totem witch. Seems to work ok. Looks cool as hell having two totems and myself all casting arc at the same time. Still have spark to kill rare mobs. Level 53 so far with absolute crap for gear. Specced for lightning and crit. Finishing with cast speed. I'll post it on the build of the week thread when I finish.

hey I think I played with you the other night, killing vaaloversoul. I was the templar with dual flame totems and arc / spark.

Yeah that was me
"
Zahndethus wrote:
Linking Arc here
Unavailable

Arc with quality
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
dspair wrote:
"
Zahndethus wrote:
Linking Arc here
Unavailable

Arc with quality
Unavailable
1/2% chance per quality to shock on hit? That's all? Man that's only like 2/3rds of a skill point at max quality.
"
Strill wrote:
"
dspair wrote:
"
Zahndethus wrote:
Linking Arc here
Unavailable

Arc with quality
Unavailable
1/2% chance per quality to shock on hit? That's all? Man that's only like 2/3rds of a skill point at max quality.

Yea, it's a bit shocking to be honest. *Puts on sunglasses*
PUNishes
"
Strill wrote:

It's also the skill's innate bonus once-again, which is not bad at all.
"
Strill wrote:

Combine that with Arc's inherent chance to shock, Conductivity, 20% chance toshockt from passives, a few of the really easy access / big bang for your buck crit chance nodes, and an Elemental Proliferation support gem and.... Hmmm. 50% damage effectiveness and 40% less damage from Chaining support goes away pretty quickly ;) Can't add too much more % chance to shock, as there's already so many ways to stack quite a lot of it to begin with.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 17, 2012, 3:33:55 PM
so skill damage *0.5 *0.6 then *2.2 (3 shock debuffs). the shock debuff is "increased damage taken" so it only calculates when foe is hit. if this delt average of 50 damage a hit as the base, it'll have a damage listing of 15 via the 50% damage effective and 40% less damage. foe takes 2.2 times that so... 33 damage per hit =p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info