Arc

Please buff the crit chance on ARC, GGG. Its really boring when frost witches do 3x more damage with ice spear and with the new support gems they got huge aoe. Also when i first saw this and fork + chain i was so fucking hyped, because for a moment i though i could recreate the most fun char in D2 a javazon. But well sadly that wont be happening and with the low crit chance 50% damage malus and really high mana cost i just dont see a reason to use this spell effectivly.
I just noticed you don't have to aim with this skill.
As long as a mob is reasonably close to you you can just aim anywhere and you will autamtically turn to and hit the mob.
Which seems a bit silly.
"
LJSilver wrote:
I just noticed you don't have to aim with this skill.
As long as a mob is reasonably close to you you can just aim anywhere and you will autamtically turn to and hit the mob.
Which seems a bit silly.

That's what an arc of electricity actually does, it seeks out the nearest ground ;) This should remain a feature of Arc, but it can be a bit annoying when you're trying to hit a specific mob but the spell auto targets a closer one, and carries the chains away from the intended target. Would be nice if we could exert our will over the path the arc follows, such that it hits the selected target when in range, but otherwise behaves as is when no target is selected.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
That's what an arc of electricity actually does, it seeks out the nearest ground ;) This should remain a feature of Arc, but it can be a bit annoying when you're trying to hit a specific mob but the spell auto targets a closer one, and carries the chains away from the intended target. Would be nice if we could exert our will over the path the arc follows, such that it hits the selected target when in range, but otherwise behaves as is when no target is selected.
If you target a specific monster, it will hit that one unless there's another one in the way - it can't go around.
Haha, I kinda think the opposite of CanHasPants.

I feel that arc should be more unpredictable! It's a truly powerful spell on its own. Coupled with support gems (especially spell totem !!) and it becomes nigh OP.

Too bad the game isn't built (I don't think) for one suggestion I have, which would be to make it have a slight chance to hit taller objects (walls, trees, foliage taller than monkeys when they're around and no other mobs are taller, etc) when shooting the arcs out. Again, I realize this isn't possible. Just a sadistic suggestion. Though if it is possible... >:D
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on Dec 9, 2012, 9:14:37 PM
"
Sairven wrote:
Haha, I kinda think the opposite of CanHasPants.

I feel that arc should be more unpredictable! It's a truly powerful spell on its own. Coupled with support gems (especially spell totem !!) and it becomes nigh OP.

Too bad the game isn't built (I don't think) for one suggestion I have, which would be to make it have a slight chance to hit taller objects (walls, trees, foliage taller than monkeys when they're around and no other mobs are taller, etc) when shooting the arcs out. Again, I realize this isn't possible. Just a sadistic suggestion. Though if it is possible... >:D

Well if you shoot a barrel with Elemental Hit + Chain it'll actually bounce off and hit another target (Not other barrels).. Oddly enough when you shoot targets it will never chain to barrels xP

I'd imagine this does the same with Arc!
IGN Suojata
I was trying to make an arc shadow and here is some statistics on skills I have:

Freezing Pulse with Faster Projectiles: 145 DPS, it uses 25 mana/sec
Freezing Pulse: 137 DPS, 23 mana/sec
Ice Spear: 58 DPS, 20 mana/sec
Arc: 52 DPS, 27 mana/sec (I couldn't even find a good support gem for this skill at this level)

My unfinished build, I have to take mana passives so I can cast it without going back to town every few minutes to replenish my mana flasks.

So... why would I even use this skill? I can just stomp everything with FP and not drinking mana pots constantly.

I really like how Arc works but it's just not worth it.

P.S. Every single skill is powerful with Spell Totem. Even Spark.
I was using Arc on my Ice Templar because apparently Templars can't get Ice Spear/Freezing Pulse from quests, and I needed something with some range. I found it to be extremely useful for my early levels because of its ability to hit beyond the vision limits, but it still bothers me that it cannot be used to arc around corners even if the target of the last bounce would be in the line of sight of the prior one. It just becomes really apparent when I'm casting Arc into a room full of enemies and it's not bouncing because the enemy I'm shocking is the only one my character can see.

I recently supported Arc with Remote mines. I don't know if Arc still maintains the targeting scheme for mines, but it's pretty useful for removing potentially dangerous mobs without engaging directly.
"
dspair wrote:
So... why would I even use this skill?

Shock stacks. It has an innate 10% Shock, and with Static Blows and a little bit of Crit, you can pump out craptons of Shock stacks to increase your damage more than two-fold. Quality also adds Shock chance, I believe, and Conductivity increases raw damage and, again, Shock chance.
Does Arc benefit from +%Area of Effect Passives?
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info