[S]Explosive Arrow Marauder by Slaydemkidz (lvl 96 HC) - For EXPERIENCED Players! (1.2.0)!

"
Xantaria wrote:
So ... Earlier burning was calculated like this: 9k explosion damage would apply a 4 second burning that deals 1/3 (33%) of the damage dealt per second (3k). ---> 1200 base burning damage (133%)

NOW ... only 20% per second over 4 seconds ... ---> 9k hit ---> 1,8k damage per second ---> 7200 burning damage (80%)

They just killed the build. We lost a LOT of burning damage. and the increase from fire damage can NOT cover this. It seems to me that Concentrated Effect does not increase the burning damage, but I will have to test more.

In conclusion it's still playable but it got nerfed by around 20%

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

I calculated some more and IF concentrated effect increases the burning damage THEN we got a 2,5% buff overall

previously we had 33,3% burning damage per second. now we have 20%. When calculating in 79% burning damage multiplier from the 10% fire damage on Fire pen 20 quality and the 69% damage from concentrated Effect we get to exactly 35,8% burning damage per second.

So IF CONC EFFECT WORKS WE GOT BUFFED BY EXACTLY 2,5 %

Slaydemkidz, still testing stuff.

Well it should increase burning damage, becouse as they said, everything that increases skill dmg will now increase burning too.
This would be rather disappointing, I just got going on my EA toon. Nothing is lost yet, though.
From where comes the tankyness in this build? I know, we have a lot of hp(lower hp on nemesis because Kaoms nerf) but we dont have any block etc. I will anyway try this on HC on lvl 60 - still 5 more levels to go...
Blind is huge and split arrow life gain on hit is insane, that's where the tankyness comes from. And you are free to pick as many life nodes as you can because you don't need a lot of damage nodes.

But yeah ... with this patch you might actually need some fire damage -.-. I feel like dealing less damage after doing 6 maps.

I think we also have to calculate in more:

THE BASE Damage of Burning is now 20%. It was 33% before so now we have to calculate all the burning damage nodes and everything.

THIS IS A NEW CALCULATION ONLY FOR BURNING DAMAGE NOT COUNTING IN CURSES / EE BUT COUNTING IN ALL THE MODIFIERS THAT WILL INCREASE BURNING DIRECTLY:

Old Damage

33,3% of initial hit per second is the base
*60% from Increased Burning damage from the tree
*59% from the increased burning damage gem
---> 73,0% of the initial hit as burning damage per second.

New Damage with Concentrated Effect

20,0% of initial hit per second is the base
*10% Fire damage from Fire pen with 20% Quality
*1,69 from concentrated Effect because it's MORE area damage
---> 77,4% of the initial hit as burning damage per second.

New Damage without Concentrated Effect

20,0% of initial hit per second is the base
*10% Fire damage from Fire pen with 20% Quality
---> 45,8% of the initial hit as burning damage per second.

The Conclusion is that we got nerfed ... to the ground IF conc effect does not apply.

EDIT: Reworked it. Concentrated Effect is now calculated correctly.
Last edited by Xantaria on Nov 29, 2013, 12:42:49 PM
"
Xantaria wrote:
Blind is huge and split arrow life gain on hit is insane, that's where the tankyness comes from. And you are free to pick as many life nodes as you can because you don't need a lot of damage nodes.

But yeah ... with this patch you might actually need some fire damage -.-. I feel like dealing less damage after doing 6 maps.

I think we also have to calculate in more:

THE BASE Damage of Burning is now 20%. It was 33% before so now we have to calculate all the burning damage nodes and everything.

I took 2x6% fire damage nodes near bm and 30% increased duration of burn, doing pretty fine atm.
Just before this patch I 5 linked my quill rain, and then proceeded to spend so many chroms... Anyone know of any quill rain builds that will benefit from the new changes?

Fuck, so i basically have a useless marauder now unless i want to spend tons of regrets.

great
It looks like we'll beed roughly 110% percent increased from the tree to break even

"
justindjg wrote:
It looks like we'll beed roughly 110% percent increased from the tree to break even

Depends on Concentrated Effect. If it affects burn damage, we gained a few percent damage increase. If not, we got boned.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
Avicularia wrote:
"
justindjg wrote:

Depends on Concentrated Effect. If it affects burn damage, we gained a few percent damage increase. If not, we got boned.

I've been testing it out with and without conc effect and to me it feels like it does
nothing for the burning damage.
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
Last edited by Passionlz on Nov 29, 2013, 1:42:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info