1.1 Updated [HC/Inv] EB/MoM/AA SuperTank Spectral Throw (Works with Mjölner!!Tested!)

"
RefugeeZA wrote:
"
Brett3687 wrote:
*GEAR*

Spoiler

Hey guys, I just had a few questions on what gear I should be focusing on to upgrade and maybe advice on gem selection that I'm overlooking. I fair quite well in most 66 to 67, even 68 maps sometimes. But it seems I'm still lacking in some department, because when I get roflstomped, I get roflstomped HARD.

*edit* Here is my build*

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why have you spend 4 skillpoints on melee physical damage at the scion start instead of using the projectile damage or increased maximum mana % route? Melee physical damage adds nothing to this build except some single target damage and those points would be much better spent elsewhere. Since you've picked up some mace passives, why not pick up the mace damage + life nodes next to the one you've already taken?

ya mele dmg does not increase damage on ST, only projectile or nodes modifying the dmg on your 2h weapon.
IGN @Dbum
Trying this out - Posting to bump and save.

Seems fun so far!
Thanks for pointing this out guys, I had probably learned that phys dmg doesnt affect projectiles later on and never even realized those nodes weren't worthwhile. Thanks again. Definitely taking that mana regen.
"
dbum wrote:
"
CptNinjetty wrote:
I like this build but does it require accuracy to be effective? And would Artic Armour be good with this? Or would that drain the mana to much?

Thanks

only requires accuracy if you are lookin for paper dps. chance to hit is only based on a monster your lvl. when you over lvl areas then the chance to hit is null in void. so highest content in game is lvl 78 so you need to be lvl 81-82 to have 100% or close chance to hit. but the char screen wont show it.

"
Uaon wrote:
Specced out of mana geyser why so?

felt the points were better used getting the mana leach by shadow

"
gudenlau wrote:
Hello. I am following this guide and wondered if I could drop leap slam(died twice to leap slam desync) totally and get something like a cast when damage taken(20) linked with molten shell + Immortal call and with something like a revju totem and then have a second 4L with cast when damage taken(1) linked with enduring cry + decoy totem + molten shell again. That or either have a 4L with faster casting + enduring cry + enduring cry + leap slam for the manual castings.Do you think this is viable?

you can do any combo u want i just put up a guide for ppl to use/augment. as far as 2 endurings, they removed the ability to run 2. they will both have the same cool down.

"
kryptik1993 wrote:
Hello i've been following your build i'm currently level 33 this is my first hardcore character ( 50 main on normal ) i noticed you removed executioner and went iron grip, why's that? thanks in advance, loving your build : >

i didnt remove executioner and always go iron grip for the added projectile dmg from str

"
Possu81 wrote:
I ripped with my first character followed by this build to beginning of merciless. Had just too low resistances and didn't know how to fast quit in that point. Both are VERY important things in hc-playing.

I have now lvl53 scion going to Dominus again. I wish 2.1k health is fine but I try to raise it to 2.5k with better equipments. Look forward to get health rings at least...I really admire people who has survived long in this game only with self found items! Personally I find it mandatory to trade and especially buy even expensive stuff I need.

Some adjustments what I did.

1) I took +18 resistances in the beginning since resistances are so important and not needed to get godly gear later on.

2) I am running level 2 CwDT gem with lvl5 Enduring Cry, lvl8 Molten Shell and lvl 5 Enfeeble. I am not honestly sure should CwDT be lvl1 and molten shell lvl7.

3) I am running also second CwDT aimint to level it to 7-11 with high level Immortal call and Increased Duration. Fourth should be Enduring cry probably but I took Raise Spectre bc didn't have right colored slot in that point and it has been fun but I don't it's optimal. I sacrificed double aura in this point since I don't feel I need more damage if I can survive better. Idea to get second CwDT was from Templar lazy paladin build.

What do you think about my adjustments and do you have any arguments against? I have played this game only since release. What's your CwDT setup if different from guide? I am willing to test everything. EDIT: Changed Raise Spectre to Enduring Cry. For some reason Raise Spectre crashed my game constantly!

EDIT: Went to merciless on level 54 and would have probably died to Dominus without 2.3k health pool at last point decision to raise it from 2.1.

i have done the same with the res. i used to run a high lvl cwdt but i find self casting immortal call personally.

i think your adjustments are great especially if it works for you.

"
Qvintvs wrote:
I wonder if "Dervish" (10% block chance; 16% physical weapon damage) is not worth putting 2 points into...

no because it requires dual wielding. we use 2h not 2 1h.

What res are you guys talking about?

the +6, +15, +15?
Dbum do you see this build being viable with CI? I was thinking of picking up a high ES Vaal regalia. Obviously no more blood magic
Last edited by Brett3687 on Nov 28, 2013, 11:32:34 PM
How much mana should I have before I take MoM? I run 2 auras (hatred and grace) and only have 70mana left at lvl 74, I don't see how some of you rushed to get it MoM with the gear that you linked where you hardly have any ES on it.

I might change some gear to get some ES but I don't see how I can get over 1k mana or 1.5k mana that some of you have.

IGN - Sparky_RAMPAGE
"
apatia77 wrote:
How much mana should I have before I take MoM? I run 2 auras (hatred and grace) and only have 70mana left at lvl 74, I don't see how some of you rushed to get it MoM with the gear that you linked where you hardly have any ES on it.

I might change some gear to get some ES but I don't see how I can get over 1k mana or 1.5k mana that some of you have.

839 mana here, haven't worked my way to EB yet. Been running MoM since the 50s or so, but yeah can't use two auras that's for sure, well, we can but in easy areas where we won't take much damage otherwise we're always oom and it's annoying/dangerous not being able to cast spells. I run Clarity with bloodmagic and arctic armour level 5.

I wouldn't be alive without MoM lol, it's so huge, i'm so used to the dmg being taken from Mana that i basically consider being at 3/4 of my life a near death experience, pick it up son!
min maxing Vortex Occultist two leagues in a row. What next?
"
apatia77 wrote:

i only run either grace OR hatred with a lvl 3 clarity. you cannot use both hatred and grace with mom cause you will not have a mana pool large enough to take damage from.

"
Brett3687 wrote:
Dbum do you see this build being viable with CI? I was thinking of picking up a high ES Vaal regalia. Obviously no more blood magic

well i dont use bm to beguin with but i have looked into a CI version.
IGN @Dbum
will this build have any mana problems at lvl 32? Or would i be running blood magic, lmp, LGoH, and ST
I am loving the build! One of the first ST builds I find with passives that makes sense
I am at level 36 and it's running good so far.

Do you think "Lava Lash" is worth taking since it is two points away, also since we use added fire damage?

Also, do you think accuracy rating at high level will be a problem without accuracy increasing gear?
(Because you do not pick RT in the tree and not much accuracy+ nodes)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info