1.1 Updated [HC/Inv] EB/MoM/AA SuperTank Spectral Throw (Works with Mjölner!!Tested!)

"
abhorr wrote:
will this build have any mana problems at lvl 32? Or would i be running blood magic, lmp, LGoH, and ST

Honestly i just became lvl 38 with my scion with this build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecIZzGeNZI26DpSSshN41ivWlJuqngNiPGbXZ_LplenMKiaqW6sWbXy8pf56P6P974yfmSjGlVhIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoJ65GDy9J5M6

And i run ST without Blood magic, no mana problems. Although I do have 1% mana leech...
I'm running this build and it seems decent, but I really struggled towards the end of cruel, especially as far as resists. My gear just didn't give me what I needed and Cruel Dominus was insanely hard. I died about 20 times total at least, especially on his final form.

Are there any suggestions for smoothing this out if I decide to try this build on Nemesis?
Here is my build so far, at the General in the Barracks, level 62.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtCGcOSBGWFHEY2xpVHNwhYCmlMZ4yCTJ-NZI26DpSOyhAoEGqRnFKyE3jTipYr1pSW69gQ2BLYSFko2xGbj1uaW6qcmxyqXTtdPF4DXrvfNl_xoIegwmE2YTvhTKHaohCiPGQbJMnm12euaZXpzCnNKiaqW6plKxZtAy18r6nwA_BxcS40k3V-NsL8pf3Mve--Ov-jw==

1962 HP
628/1142 mana (running grace)
All resists capped at 75% (more on gear than needed)
5k armor (grace)
2500 DPS Double strike 3 linked
1650 DPS Spectral Throw 5 linked

Current Gear
Spoiler

I can kill at a pretty good rate, and survive pretty well, but over all not too impressed now that I hit 62, got to wear my 5 link, and have EB/MoM going.

I know I strayed away from all the life/mana nodes to get all the keystones, and getting them will increase my survivability a ton IMO. I don't have any accuracy gear, and my hit chance was 75%, so I went for Resolute Technique and that helped a TON.

Any advice on what gear I need or what I need to change in build? Thinking I just need to bite down and level to 70. 8 more passives in HP and mana will help out quite alot, then I can take the weapon damage nodes.

Also debating on switching LMP out and put GMP in its place. Thoughts on that as well?

Adding at least 50hp per ring and amulet would help a lot as well, but hard to get rid of these resist/leach rings :)
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Dec 1, 2013, 5:53:03 PM
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
Here is my build so far, at the General in the Barracks, level 62.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtCGcOSBGWFHEY2xpVHNwhYCmlMZ4yCTJ-NZI26DpSOyhAoEGqRnFKyE3jTipYr1pSW69gQ2BLYSFko2xGbj1uaW6qcmxyqXTtdPF4DXrvfNl_xoIegwmE2YTvhTKHaohCiPGQbJMnm12euaZXpzCnNKiaqW6plKxZtAy18r6nwA_BxcS40k3V-NsL8pf3Mve--Ov-jw==

1962 HP
628/1142 mana (running grace)
All resists capped at 75% (more on gear than needed)
5k armor (grace)
2500 DPS Double strike 3 linked
1650 DPS Spectral Throw 5 linked

Current Gear
Spoiler

I can kill at a pretty good rate, and survive pretty well, but over all not too impressed now that I hit 62, got to wear my 5 link, and have EB/MoM going.

I know I strayed away from all the life/mana nodes to get all the keystones, and getting them will increase my survivability a ton IMO. I don't have any accuracy gear, and my hit chance was 75%, so I went for Resolute Technique and that helped a TON.

Any advice on what gear I need or what I need to change in build? Thinking I just need to bite down and level to 70. 8 more passives in HP and mana will help out quite alot, then I can take the weapon damage nodes.

Also debating on switching LMP out and put GMP in its place. Thoughts on that as well?

Adding at least 50hp per ring and amulet would help a lot as well, but hard to get rid of these resist/leach rings :)

RT is good for lvling.. but when you out lvl the content your chance to hit doesnt matter. that % is only towards enemies your lvl.

you really need life nodes. if you followed my progression you would have awesome life/armor before going after mom/eb. mom/eb is a end game thing before mapping to give you a extra damage mitigation. this is a tank build after all.

"
Cyrlous wrote:
I'm running this build and it seems decent, but I really struggled towards the end of cruel, especially as far as resists. My gear just didn't give me what I needed and Cruel Dominus was insanely hard. I died about 20 times total at least, especially on his final form.

Are there any suggestions for smoothing this out if I decide to try this build on Nemesis?

i state in my guide if you need resists or anything else (dex, int) you can grab those things and spec out of them later.

for dominus you NEED a flast of staunching, this will remove bleed. also you need to stand in his gold bubble to not be affected by the blood rain.

"
Koekoes07 wrote:
I am loving the build! One of the first ST builds I find with passives that makes sense
I am at level 36 and it's running good so far.

Do you think "Lava Lash" is worth taking since it is two points away, also since we use added fire damage?

Also, do you think accuracy rating at high level will be a problem without accuracy increasing gear?
(Because you do not pick RT in the tree and not much accuracy+ nodes)

i thought about lava lash.. but havnt picked it up yet. when you out lvl the content your chance to hit does not matter. unless you are that worried about tool tip dps

"
abhorr wrote:
will this build have any mana problems at lvl 32? Or would i be running blood magic, lmp, LGoH, and ST

well like all builds mana is always a issue untill later in the game. i do not run bm gem or passive in the build ever. i do get mana leach gem for st until i grab the 2% in the tree.

IGN @Dbum
Hi all, I'm playing with a build along these lines in Nemesis. Does anyone have thoughts on maintaining evasion + ondar's guile vs. unwavering stance + iron reflexes, as listed? I realized once I turned on grace that I actually ended up with decent evasion (lvl 43, only in a2 cruel fyi). I wonder if armour is critical for this build, or if evasion (+huge evasion of projectiles) could work well.
Last edited by FrederickHermanJonesJr on Dec 1, 2013, 11:23:54 PM
"
Hi all, I'm playing with a build along these lines in Nemesis. Does anyone have thoughts on maintaining evasion + ondar's guile vs. unwavering stance + iron reflexes, as listed? I realized once I turned on grace that I actually ended up with decent evasion (lvl 43, only in a2 cruel fyi). I wonder if armour is critical for this build, or if evasion (+huge evasion of projectiles) could work well.

the problem i have with evasion is that u still have a chance to be hit for the full amount. i rather have 90% of hits hit for less than have a % chance to hit me for full damage.

now armor only affects small hits anyway, big hits like from kole smash or vaal smash armor doesnt do much
IGN @Dbum
Do ST builds suck late game? By late game I mean dom runs, map runs. I wanna be able to clear dominus pretty fast atleast.... I don't know if I should keep leveling my st
Hello, thanks for the excellent build it's been working like a dream so far, im lvl 64 at the moment.

One thing i was wondering is how much mana do you guys have for MoM to work? I don't have it yet as i have very low manapool atm.

And should i aim for one big ES gear (chest or so) for EB to be profitable? as right now i have no ES whatsoever.
How well Bringer of Rain fits into this build or is Kaom's Heart just superior?
"
Cyrlous wrote:
RT is good for lvling.. but when you out lvl the content your chance to hit doesnt matter. that % is only towards enemies your lvl.

you really need life nodes. if you followed my progression you would have awesome life/armor before going after mom/eb. mom/eb is a end game thing before mapping to give you a extra damage mitigation. this is a tank build after all.

Yeah, kinda figured going my own way would have it's downfalls. Armor/HP nodes along with the damage nodes would help alot right now, but I think I will just pain through it for another 8+ levels to get more passives to sink into my tree and pick that stuff up.

Also need to 5 link my mace for DS, and add these two things from your build as well.

"
Cyrlous wrote:
-Cast on Damage Taken (lvl 1) > Enduring Cry (lvl 5) > Molten Shell (lvl 7) > Temp Chains (lvl 5)(or any other curse u feel like)

-Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Decoy Totem/Devouring Totem

I am sure the endurance charges, molten shell, and temporal chains would help me about abit, especially if its all basically casting by itself. Need to buy Cast on Damage Taken, it's a drop only gem, right?

And have you tried LMP vs GMP? Just wondering your thoughts on that as well.

Edit: Another thing... How many levels over does accuracy stop mattering? I can take quite a few points back once I get to a certain level, right?
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Dec 2, 2013, 6:40:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info