Corrupted Blood

It's not based on damage per hit, it's flat per stack based on zone level.

Good ways to actively counter this mod are poison arrow, viper strike, kiting, and big damage-per-hit. A good way to passively counter this mod is life regen.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Traps do not cause stacks either! I do not even have to worry about them with my Trapper.
"
Kirielis wrote:
It's not based on damage per hit, it's flat per stack based on zone level.

Good ways to actively counter this mod are poison arrow, viper strike, kiting, and big damage-per-hit. A good way to passively counter this mod is life regen.

Then it must be pretty low. I had only 1000 life in act III cruel. And like I said. The damage was very managable.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Wouldn't notice, would you? On about 1.5k HP, 5-6 stacks breaks even on 2.5% HP regen. On the other hand, the remaining 15 don't seem to cost me 7.5% HP per second, but more. Maybe it's a panic reaction.

Or maybe it scales exponentially, wouldn't know.

Note that I am running essentially pure evasion, and the bleed is physical damage.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
The Corrupting blood is as many other Nemesis mods scaling from the MONSTERs auto attack.
It is doing pure physical damage, but its not mitigated by armour.

Just like Volatile Ice/Storm/Flame Blood its all about what kind of mob that got the Nemesis mod.

Like for example:
A monkey hits fast, but not as hard per hit, and most Nemesis mods is pretty worthless on them.
Then one of those Big bears all of them hit for a ton of damage, which means the Volatile bloods will hit for more when they die, and Corrupted blood will do more damage per stack.

Its also to be mentioned that any damage altering mods like Added Cold/Fire, Subsational Damage Aura, and such does also increase this damage, so be carefull around mobs with such mods, and yes since other monsters with other damage auras can run up next to the one your are attacking can share their aura to your target things can get pretty nasty with several yellow monsters with auras and extra damage mods.
Died to this on a 47 nemesis char last night. I was pretty much immortal to every enemy up until I encountered corrupted blood.

I was on a spectral throw 1h + shield tank. saw the red circles around me and health dropping so I used a speed pot to run away and started chain-chugging potions when i was at about 70% health. the dot was much faster than my colossal healing pots, and it killed me before i ran off... had about 1100 hp... sadface
Last edited by Ziltoidia on Dec 14, 2013, 3:46:12 PM
"
Ziltoidia wrote:
Died to this on a 47 nemesis char last night. I was pretty much immortal to every enemy up until I encountered corrupted blood.

I was on a spectral throw 1h + shield tank. saw the red circles around me and health dropping so I used a speed pot to run away and started chain-chugging potions when i was at about 70% health. the dot was much faster than my colossal healing pots, and it killed me before i ran off... had about 1100 hp... sadface

1100 hp at lvl 47 on Nemesis? You were going to die soon anyway, then. That's way too low.

I have about 1500hp at level 46 and I'm wearing shit gear, no life on my amulet, no life on one of my rings, I have a 2h so I don't have a shield to give me life, etc.
Does anyone know if Bloodless prevents corrupting blood from getting on you?or is the flask the only remedy? My 49 Ranger went down too because I wasn't paying attention to this new thing called corrupting blood.
"
Ziltoidia wrote:

put a portal down and step through
IGN: syndoomthrower
Corrupted Blood damage stack is based around monster attack damage

20 stacks of Corrupted Blood against a caster mob and you might not even need to use a Staunching flask

20 stacks of Corrupted Blood against a slow attacking mob like a golem results in your HP bar being burned through very quickly and absolutely requires a Staunching flask

Corrupted Blood is easy to deal with as long as you carry around a Staunching flask

imo the more potentially dangerous mod is Volatile
Last edited by udgnim on Dec 28, 2013, 2:38:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info