Iggy's Spectral Throw Build! Combines the best of ALL worlds. [SC/HC]

"
milrz wrote:
"
cloudscraper wrote:
i dont have the DEX to level up spectral throw, i'm level 20 ... how is that possible?

Hard to know unless we see your gear or tree. Get a cheap piece of gear with dex.

What should I replace?

EDIT: I just bought a Foxshade, hope that'll do!
Last edited by cloudscraper on Nov 27, 2013, 5:49:49 PM
"
cloudscraper wrote:
"
milrz wrote:
"
cloudscraper wrote:
i dont have the DEX to level up spectral throw, i'm level 20 ... how is that possible?

Hard to know unless we see your gear or tree. Get a cheap piece of gear with dex.

What should I replace?

EDIT: I just bought a Foxshade, hope that'll do!

well you got almost no gear with dex on it. Buy the cheap dex ammy from vendor and run it till you lvl to the dex nodes.
I've been running this build a while and just hit 70 last night. I'm finding the main issue I have right now is DPS, i can do solo stuff ok but in groups i feel like i'm not pulling my weight. I know i could use a better weapon, but don't know that i can afford what it would take to get a good upgrade. I run Grace/Determination Auras with reduced mana, gives me very little mana, so I run blood magic on my ST. I've got around 9k armor when aura buffed and maxed resists, so for the most part surviving isn't much of an issue.

Does anyone see anything that I should adjust that might give me more DPS or is a new weapon really my only recourse?

Equipment (ignore gems in helm, was messing around with some culling strike, previously had double strike in there):
Spoiler

Passives:
What's the best curse to run? Flammability is good but i cant max it out because of INT. Projectile weakness is good too i guess. I'm thinking temporal chains to slow them down? I can't find a curse that can be fully utilized by this build. Please give me some advice.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Last edited by squurellkiller on Dec 2, 2013, 12:38:59 AM
I use temp chains
This build is working well for me at lvl 82 using

200IIR with the gem, 41 IIQ , 4200 odd dps with spectral throw, 10k double strike (using life leech and item rarity in it atm, I should probably swap life leech for multistrike though) 3600hp, 4800 armor capped resists (I run hatred and the resist aura) and using warlord's mark as my curse

I never run out of mana even with my curse thanks to the mana leech on the helmet and can facetank kole comfortably, chaos dmg exiles aren't a problem either and reflect mobs do nothing since a granite flask with armor mod counters that and I have plenty of life leech anyhow

I have different belt/boots/helmet that put me at 8k armor 4400 hp -22 chaos res for certain maps but I really like the linked set as with it I can have my item find cake and eat it too.

My build atm
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecEswUtEuEUIBRNF-EaOBpVG_ol3yftKaUxnjIJMn4yiTWSNug6UjrhPC1AoEZpR35KfUrITipQR1b6V-JYr1nzWf5aUluvYEthIWSjZU1lp2egapNsRm5pbqpu2HJscql07XfleA1673zZfPWE2YTvh2qHdojxiiKQVZBslZubXZ65n8uiAKQZplenMKeEqJqpaKluqZSsWayqtfK2Qbc-vqfAD8AawKbA88T2xq7STdXt3Q3iYedj7DjyRfKX9778xf4K

Next point will be put into a +30 int node probably, I'm lucky that my current gear has enough int on it but that won't stay this way.

I need to find a better necklace that has good IIR and life leech on it and the cold resist ring could do with an upgrade.

Any advice on flasks to use or my passive tree?
I'd also like advice on what to do with my CWDT gem, it doesn't really build up my endurance charges that much atm since it doesn't proc often enough (which is also why I didn't take the 6th endurance charge yet from the passive tree)
Been kind of ignoring my cwdt/endurance charges as I haven't really needed them but it would be nice to find a solution to keep my endurance charges up when I do 73+ maps
"
SoSneaky wrote:
This build is working well for me at lvl 82 using

200IIR with the gem, 41 IIQ , 4200 odd dps with spectral throw, 10k double strike (using life leech and item rarity in it atm, I should probably swap life leech for multistrike though) 3600hp, 4800 armor capped resists (I run hatred and the resist aura) and using warlord's mark as my curse

I never run out of mana even with my curse thanks to the mana leech on the helmet and can facetank kole comfortably, chaos dmg exiles aren't a problem either and reflect mobs do nothing since a granite flask with armor mod counters that and I have plenty of life leech anyhow

I have different belt/boots/helmet that put me at 8k armor 4400 hp -22 chaos res for certain maps but I really like the linked set as with it I can have my item find cake and eat it too.

My build atm
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecEswUtEuEUIBRNF-EaOBpVG_ol3yftKaUxnjIJMn4yiTWSNug6UjrhPC1AoEZpR35KfUrITipQR1b6V-JYr1nzWf5aUluvYEthIWSjZU1lp2egapNsRm5pbqpu2HJscql07XfleA1673zZfPWE2YTvh2qHdojxiiKQVZBslZubXZ65n8uiAKQZplenMKeEqJqpaKluqZSsWayqtfK2Qbc-vqfAD8AawKbA88T2xq7STdXt3Q3iYedj7DjyRfKX9778xf4K

Next point will be put into a +30 int node probably, I'm lucky that my current gear has enough int on it but that won't stay this way.

I need to find a better necklace that has good IIR and life leech on it and the cold resist ring could do with an upgrade.

Any advice on flasks to use or my passive tree?
I'd also like advice on what to do with my CWDT gem, it doesn't really build up my endurance charges that much atm since it doesn't proc often enough (which is also why I didn't take the 6th endurance charge yet from the passive tree)
Been kind of ignoring my cwdt/endurance charges as I haven't really needed them but it would be nice to find a solution to keep my endurance charges up when I do 73+ maps

i've found the issue with your CWDT gem, you leveled it up.

you're supposed to keep it at lvl 1, that way it procs constantly. and only level the gems up to lvl 5-7 (depending on the gems you use)
IGN: Visciious
Is there any recommended levels for CoDT, Temporal chains, Enduring cry, Immortal call, Grace/Hatred?
can someone explain me why everyone uses double strike instead of heavy strike?
Last edited by Foggydew on Dec 12, 2013, 3:10:05 PM
"
Foggydew wrote:
can someone explain me why everyone uses double strike instead of heavy strike?

from what i'v read the reason the OP uses Double Strike is it does more damage,

While on paper Heavy Strike does more damage its knockback means every time you hit something you knock it back meaning to hit it again you have to move then hit (unless you have it againts a wall or something)
Where as with Double Strike you just stand in one spot and keep hitting it less damage per hit but alot more hits

but its all down to personal choice so pick Heavy Strike if you like it better :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info