Iggy's Spectral Throw Build! Combines the best of ALL worlds. [SC/HC]

Build:

Hello everyone! There's lots of Spectral Throw builds throwing around right now, and a lot of people started asking me questions specifically about my build, so I figured I'd create a topic and let people theorycraft and see it in a broader spec.

This build is a combination of the Build of the Week build, Kripp's build, and my own thoughts about it.

First off, this is going to be a 2H build at the moment and will stay that way unless through tons of playtesting the faster throwing is worthwhile. Why 2H? Because the sprite is larger and hits more enemies than a 1H weapon does.

Second off, this build is for SC but can easily be modified for HC. Most people scoff at the thought of "HC = more life nodes", but it kind of is... To modify this build for HC, simply grab more of the life nodes near the center and head towards the Ranger starting for more life nodes.

Third off, I'm not a professional build guide guy, but I've been playing this game for quite a while and have made quite a few characters. If you have questions on why I did something but so and so streamer/pro gamer/elitist didn't do it, that's because this game is supposed to envelop creative thinking and personal choices. Don't want as much life as me because you have 400+ life on items, grab more damage nodes. Don't survive very well, drop some damage nodes and grab more life nodes. It's simple

Anyway, here's the guide.

Skill Gems:
Spectral Throw - LMP/GMP (gotta test them out first) - Added Fire - Faster Attacks - Weapon Ele Damage (if 5L) Life Leech/Blood Magic (if 6L). Could also run BM & LL in 5th and 6th link if your DPS is high enough.

Double Strike - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Added Fire

Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Added Fire/Chance to Ignite or Knockback/Chance to Blind maybe, idk.

Cast on Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Molten Shell - maybe Ice Nova if it was 5L

Bear Trap - Added Fire - Culling Strike

Maybe a Summon Skele Totem to try and group mobs.

At this point I do NOT have an aura in mind. Auras are expensive at this point, and as I will probably be playing with groups, I might not need an aura. I do think Hatred will be most useful though, as Cold/freezing mobs + high % damage is a nice win.

Leveling Guide:
Spoiler
1 - 20: go down from Scion start and then up through the life nodes to the left and head straight to Resolute Technique. You can also just go straight through the left side of Scion start and grab the mana nodes -> RT, and then spec out of that later.

20 - 40: fill down towards Iron Grip but don't grab it, and then move right and allocate as you choose through Duelist tree, eventually moving south through the life nodes and heading towards Iron Reflexes.

40 - 50: take life nodes/armor nodes/and by 50 hit Iron Reflexes.

50 - 60: Move north from RT and grab life nodes into the ele nodes in Templar tree. At 60 go ahead and grab Iron Grip, you've got the bulk of your str nodes.

60 - 70: Move from Iron Reflexes towards Wrecking ball for dmg. If you find you desperately need mana, fill in the mana nodes near Scion start and Duelist tree at this point.

70 - 80: Figure out what weapon you're gonna use for good and allocate into it. Fill in life nodes as you need.

80+ snag all two hand dmg nodes and life nodes as you go.

By 90 I'd like to be at this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecDlgSzBS0IZxLhFCAUTRjbGjgaVRv6IWAl3yftKaUt0jGeMgkyfjKJNZI26DpSOtg64TsoPC1AoEGHR35KyE4qUEdW-lfiWK9Z81pSW69gQ2BLYSFko2VNbEZuPW5pbqpybHKpdO108Xbnd-V4DXrvfNl89YMJhNmE74Uyh2qI8YoikFWQbJtdnrmezZ_LogCkGaZXpzCnhKiaqWipbqmUq8WsWayqtfK3Pr6nwA_AGsCmwPPE9sau0k3dDedj7DjyRfKX97756PzF_go=
with whatever weapon nodes I am going for.

Bandit Rewards:
Oak; Oak; Oak/Passive

For some of the controversial node choices, here's my explanation:

1) I didn't allocate for EBattery because you shouldn't have to worry about mana til later in the game. Make do with pots and if you need it after gear choices, go for it. I didn't take the mana nodes in Duelist tree, because as I stated, you don't know what your gear will play for you. If you do find that you need a little more mana, fill in the mana nodes near Scion start and grab the couple in Duelist tree, those should be enough.

2) This is a build BEFORE weapon choice. Meaning I've left you, the player, to decide if you put your remaining nodes into sword/axe/mace nodes. They are ALL right off of this path. Finally decide sword, bam, next level you can start allocating to it, found a sweet axe? bam, substitute points out of sword into axe, it's all right there next to your given path.

3) Didn't go full on life nodes, as Kripp's build is purely for HC. If you want to use this build for HC, go for it, just take more life nodes instead of dmg nodes.

4) Why RT? Well, why not? First off, we won't have nearly enough accuracy to hit, and if you fire off a "missed" Spectral Throw, it will miss every single enemy and every time it passes them. That's a LOT of missed hits. If you go HC route and decide to go up through Ranger tree to get accuracy/life% nodes, you can maybe do without RT, but personally I'd go through Marauder life nodes before Ranger.

5) Why Mind Over Matter? I don't know yet. I'm not sure I will keep it. It seems useful, but it will depend on how I feel my survivability is late game.

This will be revised as time goes on of course.
Last edited by iggy4mayor on Oct 30, 2013, 2:18:53 PM
reserved
Nice guide! I will try this build later this week
IGN: Fadrin
I'm trying this now on my nemesis scion, so far it seems pretty solid :) I'll contribute feedback as I level up, gj!
Have you considered making this modification?

It saves a point or two on traveling between nodes and you end up with more health and a bit of bonus mana overall but you lose the ability to rush the templar tree in addition to 1-2 nodes of strength+10. (not really a huge issue imo)
It may be a noobish question but, since u use Iron Reflexes, should u aim to get pure armor gear or armor/evade?
Does attack speed affect with throwing speed?
Will going for this one, but will take more life nodes, but witch ones? Playing at Nemesis...

Died at level 28 Scion Nemesis, gg RIP. Going for my second Scion now :)
"
kewkie wrote:
Does attack speed affect with throwing speed?

Yes, afaik it does.
thx for nice build, i'll try to use it today

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info