Computer Shutting Down

"
Drakier wrote:
"
rtdean wrote:
except they could and should have already set up computers in other regions where they say they have servers set up but never tested the game from that region, actually, as can be seen… it they did they would find out the problems from that region of their incoming files... there are realm origination problems (compatibility issues, from region to region), that ggg has not worked out from other regions where they send their gaming files.

The region you are playing from has nothing at all to do with a PC spontaneously shutting off.

hard drives shutting down have everything to do with corrupt files coming in it... no matter if the files come from anywhere including ggg.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
rtdean wrote:
except they could and should have already set up computers in other regions where they say they have servers set up but never tested the game from that region, actually, as can be seen… it they did they would find out the problems from that region of their incoming files... there are realm origination problems (compatibility issues, from region to region), that ggg has not worked out from other regions where they send their gaming files.

The region you are playing from has nothing at all to do with a PC spontaneously shutting off.

if the computer you play on plays flawlessly take that same rig to singapore or another region and see how that exact same machine plays there.... troubleshoot from there... you will see it is poe.
Highly doubtful.
Just throwing my hat in the ring and saying I'm having the same random shutdown problem. Started 2-3 days ago and only while playing PoE. Computer runs stable for months on end playing any game and within 30 minutes to an hour of PoE it hard reboots.

Temps are fine and no other problems with my rig. Definitely a problem with the game. It's too bad there's not even a way to get an error code because it shuts off completely.

I guess I'll just have to drop PoE until the problem gets fixed because I'm not willing to toast my comp over this.
I'm also having this issue along with I used to get 100-150 fps now i get 8-30 fps sometimes non existent fps, ever since you guys introduced the instant loading of poe (--async) in command line doesnt even fix the problem.
This is happening to me too. Computer just suddenly shuts off. cant't alt-f4 or do anything except forced reboot.

Hasnt happened b4 this patch though. Will try -swa.
The first "Shutdown" (it's more like a reboot, because the system just restart) was in 2.2. First I thought that was because perandus and all those shit into my screen. So, I checked temp, format, switch from W7 to W10, new PSU, new SSD and even switched my mem ram.
Guess what? Nothing. The same random reboot keeps happening.

2 months after Perandus I went to play other games, some online and some hardcore offline. Games that could use 100% of my equipment. Guess what? No random restart for a whole month...

Now, I came back to play Prophecy.... Guess what? Again, the same random restart. It's annoying and really nasty.
Last edited by Darkkaos on Jun 12, 2016, 5:57:41 PM
I am having issues as well, can play any other game with no issues. PoE randomly just crashes my gpu, black screen, can still hear music but video driver / monitor never recovers unless I do a hard reset of the system. It can happen 20 or 30 mins into playing or hours into playing. All drivers are up to date.

I came back to the game right before Prophecy league. Prior to that I never had this issue.
Last edited by Esper21 on Jun 16, 2016, 11:06:27 AM
I have the same problem with my laptop and sadly I have to stop playing poe because this turning off the game burned my motherboard. I started to inspect the temperature of my processor and memory use and everything was ok. I have no idea what to do so I am forced to quit poe. Sorry for my english and bye.
Can I expect that Atlas of Worlds will fix the problem with shutting down computer?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info