Spectral Thrower - 2H Axe Physical Damage based Thrower [BM, RT, UWS, IG]

level 50 in nemesis right now with this build. its pretty disgusting. just took more life nodes ofc cuz i dont play scrubcore.

thanks
what sort of gear should i be looking for?
love this build thank you,

Level 25 and merkin dem fools
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee
What support gems are you using on your spectral throw?

What other spells are you using? Auras?
IGN: psyotiks
"
joelm8 wrote:
what sort of gear should i be looking for?

I personally look for HP, HP Regeneration, Dexterity, Strength and anything that adds physical damage or elemental damage (in the earlier levels). Due to all of the physical damage bonuses we have working towards as much physical damage as possible and converting that with Auras / Support Gems is the way I plan to play the build.

"
Psyotik wrote:
What support gems are you using on your spectral throw?

What other spells are you using? Auras?

Spectral Throw Chain
1 Link - Spectral Throw
2 Link - Lesser Multiple Projectiles / Greater Multiple Projectiles
3 Link - Added Fire Damage
4 Link - Life Gain on Hit (For Blood Magic)

-- Optional --

5 Link - Faster Attacks / Faster Projectiles
6 Link - Knockback / Weapon Elemental Damage / Life Leech

While leveling I take Clarity, I haven't decided which Aura I'll use once I get around to Blood Magic as it's a huge loss in Life I'll probably end up with either Hatred (for the Cold Damage) or stack an additional amount of Fire Damage with Anger both options would need to be combined with a Reduced Mana support gem to lower the HP reservation cost even more.

The only things I feel are required for Spectral Throw are ST, LMP/GMP and Added Fire Damage, by true end-game with a 6 link I'd even consider dropping Blood Magic from the passive tree to save Mana for auras and throw that as a Gem into the link.

There are many things I personally won't know until I level a character up high enough with this build which has been difficult due to a few real life commitments right now.
Last edited by wFPwns on Oct 26, 2013, 12:25:42 PM
Trade for a LoH gem ....

Got one in a3 normal where i really was strugeling very much with 0,000 gear - LoH made it like 5 times better.
"
return33 wrote:
Trade for a LoH gem ....

Got one in a3 normal where i really was strugeling very much with 0,000 gear - LoH made it like 5 times better.

Assuming you took Blood Magic early I could see this being the case, for me personally I've yet to have any issue with a simple 3-linked ST + Added Fire + LMP up to the end of Act 2 / Start of act 3.

Life on Hit should be the point where you can swap to Blood Magic without issue when combined with your passive regeneration.
Is it possible to follow this build exactly but not take blood magic and instead level a clarity aura to sustain spectral throw spamming?
"
Androme wrote:
Is it possible to follow this build exactly but not take blood magic and instead level a clarity aura to sustain spectral throw spamming?

I'm 55 now using a mana-using build close to this one. With 90 int from nodes and Shaper and Mana Flows for mana amount/regen I've had zero issues sustaining 4-linked ST with either 1-2% mana leech or a level 5 clarity when I didn't have leech. I'm currently able to run Hatred+Purity with about a hundred mana left over with no int/mana on my gear.

Edit: This is what I'm building towards (I only plan builds to 90-95 points until I actually get the character higher):
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwB5wOWBS0IZwmWE0wUIBRxF-Eb-iXfJyAn7TBPMZ4yCTJ-NZI26DpSOyhAoEGqRmlHfkrITeNOMlBHWK9Z81n-WlJgQ2BLYSFkUmVNZadodGxGbj1uaW6qbthybHKpdO14DXrvfNmDCYTZhO-HKYjxjFiUoJWbmHSbXZ65n8ukGaZXpzComqluq8WsWayqtfK-ir6nwA_Bo8S40k3V-NhN2mLiYeLq6wnyl_Pd9zL3vvjr-ej8if6P
Last edited by thisbutironically on Oct 26, 2013, 6:42:05 PM
"
"
Androme wrote:

I'm 55 now using a mana-using build close to this one. With 90 int from nodes and Shaper and Mana Flows for mana amount/regen I've had zero issues sustaining 4-linked ST with either 1-2% mana leech or a level 5 clarity when I didn't have leech. I'm currently able to run Hatred+Purity with about a hundred mana left over with no int/mana on my gear.

Edit: This is what I'm building towards (I only plan builds to 90-95 points until I actually get the character higher):
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwB5wOWBS0IZwmWE0wUIBRxF-Eb-iXfJyAn7TBPMZ4yCTJ-NZI26DpSOyhAoEGqRmlHfkrITeNOMlBHWK9Z81n-WlJgQ2BLYSFkUmVNZadodGxGbj1uaW6qbthybHKpdO14DXrvfNmDCYTZhO-HKYjxjFiUoJWbmHSbXZ65n8ukGaZXpzComqluq8WsWayqtfK-ir6nwA_Bo8S40k3V-NhN2mLiYeLq6wnyl_Pd9zL3vvjr-ej8if6P

In what order did you build? Did you go for Iron Grip > Resolute Technique > Mana Flows > Shaper?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info