Spectral Thrower - 2H Axe Physical Damage based Thrower [BM, RT, UWS, IG]

I think I might prioritize getting attack speed, unless I can get it on a weapon.
High physical is good, but unless you have decent attack speed from Faster Attacks / Multi-strike, your damage will suffer.

Axes are kind of like maces, they got low base attack speed.

If I don't spec into the marauder tree, which saves me lots of wasted traveling nodes, I can pick up the AS nodes in the scion tree.
Then Spec into the ranger tree and get the life nodes near iron reflexes.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
I think I might prioritize getting attack speed, unless I can get it on a weapon.
High physical is good, but unless you have decent attack speed from Faster Attacks / Multi-strike, your damage will suffer.

Axes are kind of like maces, they got low base attack speed.

If I don't spec into the marauder tree, which saves me lots of wasted traveling nodes, I can pick up the AS nodes in the scion tree.
Then Spec into the ranger tree and get the life nodes near iron reflexes.

That's a viable option, if that's your decision you should consider another popular scion build such as this one which was made by Iggy4Mayor which last I checked is similar to how you want to play yours.
I find that I'm able to keep myself alive without using Life leech or Life on Hit, so instead I've decided to replace those with Weapon Elemental Damage, which, considering I'm (we're :D) using Hatred and Added Fire Damage, adds a massive DPS boost. Then again, if I ever feel like I'm having survivability issues, I'll just switch Weapon Elemental Damage out for Life Leech or Life on Hit.

I'm currently pretty muched geared up, I just need a 5L or 6L to properly gem Double Strike, currently only have a 2L for it.
Hi, my Spectral Throw tooltip DPS is 7k with LMP, but I found in a high level map (73+) with a group, my ST doing a bad DPS, killing mobs pretty slow.

This is my weapon, and passive tree, do i need to change anything?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtCZYTTBQgGS4aVRv6Jd8nICftKaUwTzGeMgkyfjWSNug6UjsoPC1GaUd-SshN404qUEdQUFRJWGNYr1nzWf5aUl8_YENgS2EhZFJko2VNZadqk2xGbj1uaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673zZgwmE2YTvhymHaojxjM-QVZBslZubXZ_LpBmmV6cwp4SomqluqZSrxaxZrKq18rZBtz653b6nvrzAD8AawaPE9sauxtjSTdSP1e3iYedS52PrCe8O8i_yl_ZI9778if4K_o8=

Thank you!
"
Wes07 wrote:
Hi, my Spectral Throw tooltip DPS is 7k with LMP, but I found in a high level map (73+) with a group, my ST doing a bad DPS, killing mobs pretty slow.

This is my weapon, and passive tree, do i need to change anything?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtCZYTTBQgGS4aVRv6Jd8nICftKaUwTzGeMgkyfjWSNug6UjsoPC1GaUd-SshN404qUEdQUFRJWGNYr1nzWf5aUl8_YENgS2EhZFJko2VNZadqk2xGbj1uaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673zZgwmE2YTvhymHaojxjM-QVZBslZubXZ_LpBmmV6cwp4SomqluqZSrxaxZrKq18rZBtz653b6nvrzAD8AawaPE9sauxtjSTdSP1e3iYedS52PrCe8O8i_yl_ZI9778if4K_o8=

Thank you!

That is honestly the best gems you could link your Double Strike to. I don't see how you can improve your ST DPS even further. I would say it may have something to do with your build but I don't see any major fuck-ups.

(Also I'm perhaps not in the position to tell you about this since it would seem I'm lower level than you, but hey).

Might it be that the certain map you were doing had some special condition which lowered your ST DPS significantly?
well its all a matter of personal preference
ur dps seems very good to me
iam at 3.5-3.8 depending on buffs with kaoms Primacy
and i think its decent

u could specc more phys dmg nodes which would increase ur dps quite alot i think
also if ur group ur u runs anger u could go for lava lash
with elemental dmg gem or added fire dmg i could imagine that it gives massive dps boost with ur axe

and u can still get a better axe even if its sounds stupid hilarious^^
as a side node ur not the only one complaining
there couple more who said the same.

in the end u could think bout sacrificing hp for dps depending on gear
or testing it w/o lmp maybe?

and thanks to op ur build helpd me quite alot from nemesis start
82 atm and works great for my taste!
Last edited by Rufnet on Nov 4, 2013, 6:05:24 AM
Jesus... where are you guys getting these axes? I'm 70 and have been running docks and haven't even found one that's near 300 dps
"
thaaad wrote:
Jesus... where are you guys getting these axes? I'm 70 and have been running docks and haven't even found one that's near 300 dps

not sure i guess crafting/running alot of maps or just buying them on the forum
but kaoms Primacy isnt hard to get and got even with bad roll like 350-410 dps
Amazing build! Level 66 atm and i just changed some little things.

I was wondering if attack speed is important for this build ? how i can increase it a bit ? can you post you current gear ? Thanks
Hey

Thanks for the build. My second ever toon and it was a lot more fun than my claws Shadow. I played solo and only with found gear through Mar Veil second time, before I started someone else. The only problem I really had was with resists in Dom's tower and the blue fire breathing dog things. Everything else I fell before the chainsaw :) Four deaths total I think.

The only change I made to the build was to dip into Mana regen early on - from memory there's a regen key stone(?) one step off the path which I took

Anyway, thanks again!
Last edited by EvilFin on Nov 11, 2013, 2:25:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info