Spectral Thrower - 2H Axe Physical Damage based Thrower [BM, RT, UWS, IG]

"
wFPwns wrote:

wFPwns, I got a question:
Under "Fell the Weak" you have selected two nodes "10% increased Physical Damage with Axes + 8% increased Accuracy Rating with Axes", but you also have "Resolute Technique". Is it better to sacrifice these two nodes plus a 8% increases maximum life node for the following three nodes:
"15% increased Stun Duration with Two Handed Melee Weapons on enemies"
"10% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons + 6% increased maximum Life"
"12% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons + 4% increased maximum Life"
(the location of these nodes are right under "Unwavering Stance")

Or does the increased physical damage with two handed melee weapons not work with Spectral Throw?

The build with the changed nodes:
This is what I planned :-)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyjYTb68A5aUoILkbj3aYpARYENodIqvgwn56ErIbqq18qluNZJ4DWxG_o--igth0EdYr3JsTeMB3HloNugyCaZXpBnBBAHnOlI7OzGeG_rcPacwn8syfg48d1MhNCXfIVX3vhQgFHEPzGDEhNk5DlBHQaqmZG5pqZT469-_yZi-p5Bs9zIlvIOxh2qBK3KpYSHfsqyqfNmE75SHJ-1R5lnzdO1YPRkutC_AGnrvnsXUj0E_5K1gS7ndZ5vewWdYBS3vDvIvKS4Z6UCgfLieuT38WGPG2FBQjM_2SF8_

so little bit different approach (now with blood magic) but I will maybe swith it to mana its very easy to have +120% mana regen and it will not consume mine health. (But I am not sure with regen and I am lazy to count it now especially when I know that its so easy to try it and respec it without major touch to mine tree)

I prefer maces because its slowest weapon and when its combine with leap slam the damage was always very very high and when I want to kite or kill without need to be in the middle of enemies I can use spectral throw. (Originally I used for this purpose lightning strike and elemental damage modes too)

EDIT:
maybe one update and this will be better:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyjYTb68A5aUoILkbj3aYpARYENodIqvgwn56ErIbqq18qluNZJ4DWxG_o--itBHWK9ybE3jAdw26DIJplekGQHnOlI7OzGeG_qnMJ_L_Ikyfg48d1MhNCXf974UIBRx6wmIjw_MYMSE2VBHQaoJlqZkbmmplPjr378nIMmYvqeQbPcyJbyDsYdqgStyqWEh37KsqnzZhO-UhyftUeZZ83TtWD0ZLrQvwBp6757F1I9BP-StYEu53Web3sFnWAUt7w7yLykuGelAoHy4nrk9_FhjxthQUIzP9khfPw==

changed based on the post above

Defence:
5.6% life regen
58% all ressists
150% increased maximum life
165% increased armor

attack:
236% increased physical damage maces
71% increased physical damage with 2 hand
12% increased physical damage
23% increased melee physical damage
70% increased melee and ranged physical damage from STR

58% attack speed
3% increased attack speed with 2 hand
12% increased attack speed with maces

to be honest there is too much physical damage :-) so it would be maybe fine to decrease it and increse somewhere attack speed or anything else. (not sure with elemental damage and its too far away).
Last edited by antarian on Oct 24, 2013, 8:25:11 AM
Why you go for Shaper when you also run Blood Magic?

Anyways i like the idea of using the hughe Physical DMG boosts for the Spectral Throw Scion, if you want to Softcore. I think all in all running with Axe looks like the most viable choice at this build.
i dont get it why u guys for for phys dmg nodes?
its not like it affects spectral throw or iam missunderstanding something?
"
PoeSWoeS wrote:
[

wFPwns, I got a question:
Under "Fell the Weak" you have selected two nodes "10% increased Physical Damage with Axes + 8% increased Accuracy Rating with Axes", but you also have "Resolute Technique". Is it better to sacrifice these two nodes plus a 8% increases maximum life node for the following three nodes:
"15% increased Stun Duration with Two Handed Melee Weapons on enemies"
"10% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons + 6% increased maximum Life"
"12% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons + 4% increased maximum Life"
(the location of these nodes are right under "Unwavering Stance")

Or does the increased physical damage with two handed melee weapons not work with Spectral Throw?

The build with the changed nodes:

If the Two Handed Weapon Damage bonuses from the points you've allocated do increase the damage of (They do increase it, verified by Google / GGG Employee after I searched) Spectral throw then you'd be gaining +2% Damage and +2% Life for the same amount of points. As an additional change here's the updated build I've come up with based on your feedback that removed two points from another location as they were relatively useless. I took one of the two points and put it in Reaver which is beside the passive nodes you adjusted.

(I'm talking specifically about the 10 Strength & 12% Two Handed Physical damage nodes by Iron Grip / Blood Magic (towards the bottom left of the tree).

The quoted post below also brought up a good point about the usage of Shaper with Blood Magic. I'd consider dropping these points from the default build but potentially picking them up later on if I cannot sustain the HP cost of Spectral Throw spamming.

**Edit** There is a developer post that states Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapon nodes (such as Reaver) function with Spectral Throw. (Mark_GGG Link)

"
roteweste wrote:
Why you go for Shaper when you also run Blood Magic?

Anyways i like the idea of using the hughe Physical DMG boosts for the Spectral Throw Scion, if you want to Softcore. I think all in all running with Axe looks like the most viable choice at this build.

I grabbed it for the 1% Life Regeneration it provides, if I grab the points before it I'm gaining 2.2% Life/s % +12 Life. With these passives you'd have 6.6% Life per second, without them you'd have 4.4% Life per second. It's really up to the user to determine if they see value with the allocation of points towards that location.

It's probably not worthwhile, the HP Regeneration is probably high enough already within the Passive Tree and by dropping those 5 points you could move them to the two nodes by Golem's Blood for an additional .8% Life Regeneration per second and then place the last 3 points into whatever you like.

Because you're Blood Magic though you need enough HP Regeneration to sustain the cost of Spectral Throw and as I've yet to reach a mapping level with this character I'm unable to determine if 4.4% is enough.

Your feedback is noted the build in the spoiler tags below is what I have updated to.

Last edited by wFPwns on Oct 24, 2013, 12:35:52 PM
"
Rufnet wrote:
i dont get it why u guys for for phys dmg nodes?
its not like it affects spectral throw or iam missunderstanding something?

They increase the physical damage of attacks, Spectral throw is an Attack, Projectile so it gains the bonus damage from these nodes.
What bandit rewards should you go for?
IGN @ Prettystandardlol / dadishome
"
Izeyy wrote:

All Oak, but i quess i will go for the skill point on the last one, cuz i find it annoying to keep endurance charges up.

My Question still is: Which weapon type is the best to use? I am still amazed from the +30% Physical Axe dmg node.
Last edited by roteweste on Oct 24, 2013, 1:07:41 PM
hey im new to poe and trying to go for this build what gems should i search for and if what auras do you run? what support gems for spectral throw?
"
Izeyy wrote:

I feel I should be clear with the goal of this post, I am not writing this to create a guide, I am sharing the build I am using for my Scion and if people would also like to use it or modify it to their tastes or ask me questions about it than I would have no problem answering them.

This post is largely for myself and my PERSONAL build, you are free to use it but I will not answer questions about Bandit Rewards, Optimal Leveling Routes and this will probably never be a guide that one can follow like some of the other topics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info