Spectral Thrower - 2H Axe Physical Damage based Thrower [BM, RT, UWS, IG]

"
roteweste wrote:
So you throw the Mana Regen out of the build lategame?

TLDR: Yes I throw the mana regeneration out of the build at end-game. (As soon as you get Blood Magic to be specific).

You use your HP to cast skills with blood magic which is kept up with HP Regeneration per second, Life on Hit from Spectral Throw, Blood Drinker (2% Life Leech) from Physical Attack Damage and other sources. Because the passive node (Blood Magic) also removes all Mana there is no point for mana regeneration in this build.

Overall it's much like a Freeze Pulser that uses Blood Magic except without shock and no freezing. There are alternatives such as not using the blood magic passive and keeping mana for Auras, using blood magic only on Spectral Throw with a linked BM Gem or something else.

It's whatever suits your play style, pick what you like, not what I say because what I say may not be what you like.
Last edited by wFPwns on Oct 24, 2013, 11:00:54 PM
It looks anyway, that with the "Thrower" you have many freedoms buildwise. Can you plz give a quick rundown of "must-have notes". To be honest, i see none so far, but i cant rly say if there are some very strong ones for this build (beside from oblivious ones like "Path of Warrior")
I'm doing a mana-using build along similar lines, BM is nice but Hatred is nicer in my opinion, and with a low level clarity and a point or two of leech it should be fine.

I strongly recommend Faster Projectiles as a support, it's a big range boost and moderate damage boost with a bargain cost modifier.
nice build ... but as I said 2 pages before ...

Mace is better:-)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqrXyqW41kngNbEb-j6xZvorQR1ivcmxN44jxAdw26DIJplfnY6QZAec6Ujs7MZ4b-qcwn8v8iTJ-Djx3UyE0Jd_3vhQgFHHrCYiPD8xgxITZUEdBqgmWpmRlTW5pqZT469-_JyDJmEd-vqeQbPcyJbyDsavFh2qBK3KpYSHfsqyqfNmE75SHJ-1R5nTtWD0ZLrQveu-exdSPQT9gS7ndBS3vDvIvQKDnUp65VElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtg=

I tried to leave your build untouched (I will normally choose little bit different passives) so this is just comparison. (I normally take rather resists so I dont need to focus on them instead of projectiles damage which simply doesnt affect so much etc...)

For same amount of points you will get more attack speed and attack speed means a LOT when your physical damage increased is already high. So with our huge damage increase .... attack speed > physical damage incrase.

Basically these damage increase are + but attack speed is * and it makes huge difference in the end.

so this will lost (some DEX - this can be problem with spectral throw) but adds you +20% attack speed and you will lost 10% armor or something like that
Last edited by antarian on Oct 25, 2013, 2:46:13 AM
Why you think mace is better? Youve done some math with that? From what i see, the physical dmg you additional get is about even.
Hi.I really like your build and i was wondering wich is the best choice for curse Vulnerability or Projectile Weakness,and what would be the best Axe choice for end game ?
roteweste:
Because you will get more attackspeed with that build and if you have such a huge bonus to physical damage it will result in more DPS.

so if you will have 100 damage * 300 % physical damage = 100 + 300 damage = 400 but if you will have the same damage or even lower for example 100 damage * 200% physical damage = 300 * 1,3 = 390

so 30% attack speed bonus is nearly the same as 100% physical damage bonus in this example and you will also dont receive any bonus from physical one if you will have elemental damage on your weapon. (you will get the bonus from anger and added fire damage on the other side)

but basically if I will compare both builds (I was lazy to do this)

Statistics
- +320 Strength (-10)
- +90 Dexterity (-40)
- +20 Intelligence (+10)

Defensive
- +260 Max Life (-5)
- 202% Increased Max Life (-4%)
- 4.4% Life Regenerated per second (same)
- 34% All Resists (same)
- +2% To Maximum Resists for Fire, Cold & Lightning.
- 106% Increased Armor (-16%)
- 30% Reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes (same)

Offensive
- 26% Projectile Damage (same) + 64% iron grip (-2% because lower str)
- 55% Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons / +18%
- 267% Physical Damage (same)
- 6% Cast Speed (I'm unsure if this has an impact on Spectral Throw but I'm listing it)

Miscellaneous
- Blood Magic
- 30% Less Reserved HP (Mana) for Auras (Mortal Conviction)
- Resolute Techniques
- Unwavering Stance
- Iron Grip
- 6% Movement Speed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
both have some advantage and disadvantage (as I said I am going little bit different way but I tried to made it same so comparison is easier)

in our example:
200 base DPS for example
90% projectile damage vs 88% projectile damage
267% physical damage
= total bonus damage 357% vs 355%

attack speed 55% vs 73%

result DPS: 200 * 4,57 * 1,55 = 1416,7 vs 200 * 4,55 * 1,73 = 1574.3

so on this example you can see that mace DPS will be little bit higher (little bit over 11% if you have only physical damage weapon, if you will have other modifiers the difference will be of course higher) but you will lost some defence and stats which can make itemization harder.

I still didnt go through it completely so it will be maybe better to invest somewhere else to attack speed but its just about finding the best point

btw. I did not check your exact build - you can go for acceleration too ... So I will do check of axes too and maybe I will find out something interesting.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqrXyqW41kngNbEb-j6xZvopYr3JsTeOI8QHcNugyCaZX52OkGQHnOlI7OzGeG_qnMJ_L_Ikyfg48d1MhNCXf974UIBRx6wmIjw_MYMSE2VBHQaoJlqZkZU1uaamU-OvfvycgyZhHfr6nkGz3MiW8g7GrxYdqgStyqWEh37KsqnzZhO-UhyftUeZ07Vg9890ZLrQveu-exdSPQT9gS7ndBS3vDvIvQKDnUp65VElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtg=

Last edited by antarian on Oct 25, 2013, 7:38:56 AM
Here you can see yours edited build to achieve aproximately 5% better DPS

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqrXyqW41kngNbEb-j6xZvopYr3JsTeOI8QHc4mE26DIJplekGTB3lZsB5zpShyk64TGeG_plp6cwn8v8iTJ-ZFLyRSXfJvj3vhQgFHHrCWC7ME_-CoTZUEdBqgmWwaNlTW5pqZT469-_JyATTEd-vqeQbPcyJbyrxYdqcqlhIayqfNmE7yftWfN07fPdGS5Z_nrv1I8X4WBLud1u2AUt7w7yL04yQKDnUp65VElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtg=

but you will lost DEX node
if you build it like this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyjYTb68A5aUoILkbj3aYpARYENodIqvgwn56ErIbqq18qluNZJ4DWxG_o-sWVivcmxN44jxNugyCaZXAec6UmSjOzsxnqcwn8v8iTJ-DjwaVXdTITT3vhQgFHHrCYiPD8xhIWDEUEdBqgmWpmSHaoTv-OvfvycgyZiQbHTt9zIlvIOxqZR674ErcqmE2WBL37KsqnzZZU1uaQUtlIdR5lnzR36-p0CgWD20L8Aaq8XNmJ65nsVBP-StkFWNft7BZ1inhLe2GekaOBcdmy0=

you will get more DPS but you will lost lot of defence and I think that it will hurt (thats a question)

-30% life and -30% armor and you will lost -2% max resist sbut you will get aproximately 17% more dps compared to mace build which I post before / 30% more dps compared to your build

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the good thing is that with mace you have a possibility where to go to further improve your damage (I am not sure if you have this possibility with axes)

EDIT: rechecked that and Mace have even much better options to further improve your damage in case that you will have more than 103 points (but its starting to be more visible after 109 points and who will have it??? No one :-) )
Last edited by antarian on Oct 25, 2013, 9:25:23 AM
I was thinking more on the lines of something like this build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwB5xQgJ-0pLjGeMn41kjboOlI64TwtPQ89_EGHSshN41BHUFBYY1ivWlJnm26qcql343gNfLh82X31hymI8YzPm12fy6ZXpzComqlurFmsqq4-tfK3PrndxBXE9sauxtjUj9hN52PvDvIv8kXyl_ZI97756P4K_o87KAOWbj1gQ4MJXz9sRnJsMgm-iqQZG_ol34TZZU1HfqvFbmm-p1HmtC9BP9cC6H33MoEr37KUh1g9nsV27g==

It should be HC viable as it's the build I'm currently doing, almost done with cruel. The mana is to run the aura(s), this being for armor(+resist) depending on your gear. Alternative you can run (and I'm almost there) a blood magic support gem on the throw if you manage to get a 4+(I'd say minmum 5 tbh) linked item.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info