Spectral Thrower - 2H Axe Physical Damage based Thrower [BM, RT, UWS, IG]

Why no vaals pact?
Hey all, lv 44 Scion 2 hander mace thrower here

What is a safe level or life pool to pick up the blood magic node, assuming I have the other notable defensive nodes and spectral throw 4 linked with life gain on hit and others? I only run Hatred for the chill and cold damage and I do plan on taking the 30% aura reserve but will that apply to my life or is that for mana reserve strictly?

I'm having very fun with my build and the playstyle is perfect for me, can't wait to use blood magic.
Chris plz

Gimme good RNG
"
antarian wrote:
nice build ... but as I said 2 pages before ...

Mace is better:-)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqrXyqW41kngNbEb-j6xZvorQR1ivcmxN44jxAdw26DIJplfnY6QZAec6Ujs7MZ4b-qcwn8v8iTJ-Djx3UyE0Jd_3vhQgFHHrCYiPD8xgxITZUEdBqgmWpmRlTW5pqZT469-_JyDJmEd-vqeQbPcyJbyDsavFh2qBK3KpYSHfsqyqfNmE75SHJ-1R5nTtWD0ZLrQveu-exdSPQT9gS7ndBS3vDvIvQKDnUp65VElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtg=

I tried to leave your build untouched (I will normally choose little bit different passives) so this is just comparison. (I normally take rather resists so I dont need to focus on them instead of projectiles damage which simply doesnt affect so much etc...)

For same amount of points you will get more attack speed and attack speed means a LOT when your physical damage increased is already high. So with our huge damage increase .... attack speed > physical damage incrase.

Basically these damage increase are + but attack speed is * and it makes huge difference in the end.

so this will lost (some DEX - this can be problem with spectral throw) but adds you +20% attack speed and you will lost 10% armor or something like that

Hey I read what you said about maces, while they may be better from a passive point of view Mace's as a weapon choice in Path of Exile are flawed for physical based builds due to the implicit mod they come with reducing the overall raw DPS value of the weapon.

I'm basing this data off of information I've read on the wiki and by manually comparing top weapons, as an example let's take a clean Karui Maul which has the highest potential damage out of all of the two-handed mace weapons. It can roll a maximum of 92 - 138 Physical Damage range with .95 Attacks per second.

If we look at the top DPS roll for an Axe it would be the Karui Chopper which rolls a 94 - 147 physical damage range with 1 attacks per second.

White Math
Mace: 92 - 138
Axe: 94 - 147

Difference of +2 Minimum - +9 Maximum damage for axes, which doesn't seem by much but if we multiply this difference by the % increase of Physical Damage we're getting 5.3 - 24 additional damage for Physical Damage bonuses and an additional 26% for the projectile bonus (26% Projectile Damage in the build).

This is without including all of the additional damage you'll ideally have on your gear, factoring all of this in it makes me favor Axe. If you go with a Mace you're attacking 20% Faster from the Passive Tree point of view but the weapon itself attacks slower which if the game functions the way I believe it should would only be 10 - 15% additional attack speed for the trade off with damage once factoring in base weapon attack speed.

Going with axes adds a disadvantage of having to find a rare axe with high physical damage modifications on it but it should roll higher damage numbers.

"
Koxk wrote:
Why no vaals pact?

Personal preference, I didn't view it as a requirement for the build to function, if you keep playing the build past 103 passive point investment it would eventually take Vaal Pact and Hatchet Master by 115 Points (like this).

I don't consider it vital, some people might and if they do then dropping some passive points from around the tree is a viable option, if your gear gets high enough you could probably drop the Dexterity node on the top left and 2 of the Damage or Life passive nodes (or Resistances) to grab Vaal Pact.
Last edited by wFPwns on Oct 25, 2013, 3:01:16 PM
This build looks good to me, I've started a Scion in Domination and searching for a nice Spectral Throw build. But I'm not quite sure yet if I use this kind of build here or another one, moore like this one:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/546714/page/1

It's based on Eldritch Battery instead of Blood Magic and does not focus on special weapons it seems. Not sure where to get the best results out of, what do you think?
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Oct 25, 2013, 4:05:24 PM
wFPwns: great view :-) thats really good point ...

btw. that weapon is exactly what I used most of the time (its also important that weapon should have attack speed and if possible life leech stat)

I will look at axes too ... thanks for info :-)
Last edited by antarian on Oct 25, 2013, 4:25:58 PM
I already count it and mace is better compared to original axe build (0,5% so nothing) but if I will take the updated build from me Axe is better by (4,5%)

So items change the balance lot ...

if we will have more points and if we will invest more than aproximately 109 points than axes dont have a option where to put points and maces will have this possibility. (but we will never have that points so if I will take in considataion also items as you posted than Axe is better)

Leap Slam will be little bit better with mace, but we are talking about super small difference arount 1%
Last edited by antarian on Oct 25, 2013, 4:42:42 PM
"
antarian wrote:
I already count it and mace is better compared to original axe build (0,5% so nothing) but if I will take the updated build from me Axe is better by (4,5%)

So items change the balance lot ...

if we will have more points and if we will invest more than aproximately 109 points than axes dont have a option where to put points and maces will have this possibility. (but we will never have that points so if I will take in considataion also items as you posted than Axe is better)

Leap Slam will be little bit better with mace, but we are talking about super small difference arount 1%

The next points in the build would probably be

- Vaal Pact
- Hatchet Master (Axe Damage / Axe Attack Speed)
- Headsman (Axe Accuracy / Damage which isn't optimal due to the Accuracy)
- Fell the Weak (Two extra points are open in the circle, accuracy is included though)
- Reaver (Two points left in the circle, Attack Speed / Damage)
- Reckless Abandon (Damage / Attack Speed)
- Life Regeneration / Life Nodes

I personally was moving towards Vaal Pact, Hatchet Master and Reckless Abandon to make the build look like this by the end.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqrXyqW41kngNbEb-j6xZWK9ybE3jiPHiYTboMgmmV-djMHeVmwHnOlKHKTrhMZ7-CmWnpzCfy_yJhmAyfmRS8kUm-Pe-FCAUcesJVgSuUGC7ME9QR0GqCZZhUu4UwaP469-_JyBgiKCdE0z3MiW8KLWcJ3Kp704qOKyqfNlAoCftWfOeuQUt890ZLln-xFhgS9SPF-En1Xrvud1u2HTt7w7yL04yhO_nUn31YSFeE1RJh2obyF8_kGxDMfZIqZTS6ozPhNmUrVBQZU0l32XwWGNHfhv6xtirxaQZ
I'm a little confused as to which of these builds is the most recent one wFPWNS

Did you edit your main post to reflect all the updates and changes?
"
thaaad wrote:
I'm a little confused as to which of these builds is the most recent one wFPWNS

Did you edit your main post to reflect all the updates and changes?

Yes. The most recent build I personally use is in the original post, modify it to your liking.
Last edited by wFPwns on Oct 25, 2013, 6:20:30 PM
Acceleration on the Duellist sounds like a good idea....
You waste one point on 8% mana and get 20 dex and 12% Attackspeed for it.
Thats 6% IAS per point with 20 dex free on top.

And for the very last level 95 build i guess its better not get that last axe cluster:
32% damage + 5% Ias for 6 points (okay with 20 dex), if you go for that duelist nodes above Acceleration you get 24% damage and 10% ias. Should net almost the same result in dps with 1 point less used. But for the cost of weaker leap slam ....
Last edited by return33 on Oct 25, 2013, 8:30:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info