Spectral Thrower - 2H Axe Physical Damage based Thrower [BM, RT, UWS, IG]

What is your target end game weapon for this build? Would it be the unique chopper or just a high phys yellow?
Did some testing at level 68 eating up some respecc points.

The biggest damage boost for this is attackspeed.

Attackspeed >>> Damage%. Furthermore attackspeed = Def ... i can "knockbacklock" monsters away from me with projectile weakness - combien that wite cast on damage taken/molten shell/endu cry - 5 charges -/decoy totem... and it keeps monsters in "sweet spot".

I dont have a 5 link so i run ST/Faster Attack/LMP/added fire - crazy axe rain at around 2000 dps at lvl 68 (with lmp!).

Build is slightly changed in favor of attackspeed. And will be:

90 points with no skillpoints form bandits:

120 Dex without gear not narrowing your gear selection to much.
>51 Int without gear for faster cast/inc area of effect on your curse (if that damn skills on lvl 1 would use only 50 points of int you could save a point)
Attackspeed!
No run speed penality.... i hate running slow - even if this build can leapslam like crazy :D

If you need its easy to switch 6% res all or 18% of any res in at the cost of 1 additional point each.

No auras obviously.

Guess with a 5 link i would throw bloodmagic out of the build - no change anything else - run hatred and haste aura and link my curse to bloodmagic too.
Last edited by return33 on Oct 28, 2013, 4:30:11 AM
What for stats I have to look on my Gear (Order)?
And must I use much Armor, ES or ER?
"
tavirosu wrote:
"
Androme wrote:
Okay so, it would seem my mana reg isn't getting anywhere near high enough for me to sustain spamming Spectral Throw. I have the 40% mana reg from Scion starting area, I have Shaper AND Mana Flows, yet I spend more mana than I regen. I guess Blood Magic is a must-have?

Edit: I'm also using Clarity (rank 7).

I would say yes. I went with having mana before, but with taking all the attack speed nodes the spam went crazy. No way I could sustain that mana rege without any on gear, meaning using some points to raise the int also.

Right now what I did (in HC) pick as many health/health regen nodes as possible and BM (from passive). I'm sitting at 150+ health regen while the cost of spectal throw is at 21ish with under 0.4 cast speed. So plenty left to regen if hit.

This being said whith the attack speed scaling my single target damage source, Heavy Strike, went very very high, well considering that I use 1h + shield I would say the dmg is max. 30% under the 2h build.

Gain is very good, Molten Shell + Enduring Cry means a lot of defensive abilities.

ps: Using a BM Gem requires a minimum of 4S4L but I wouldn't use it unless a 5L tbh to have at least: Spectral Throw (G) + Added Fire Damage (R) + Faster Projectiles (G) + Lesser Multiple Projectile (G) and now add the 5th to be Blood Magic (R). A possible 6th could be Melee Physical Damage (R).

I looted the legendary chest with 6 prismatic links :) So that's not a problem. I'm using Spectral Throw, Added Fire Damage, Faster Projectiles, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Life on Hit and going to use a Blood Magic gem aswell. Taking as many hp% and hp reg nodes as possible.
"
tavirosu wrote:
"
Androme wrote:
Okay so, it would seem my mana reg isn't getting anywhere near high enough for me to sustain spamming Spectral Throw. I have the 40% mana reg from Scion starting area, I have Shaper AND Mana Flows, yet I spend more mana than I regen. I guess Blood Magic is a must-have?

Edit: I'm also using Clarity (rank 7).

I would say yes. I went with having mana before, but with taking all the attack speed nodes the spam went crazy. No way I could sustain that mana rege without any on gear, meaning using some points to raise the int also.

Right now what I did (in HC) pick as many health/health regen nodes as possible and BM (from passive). I'm sitting at 150+ health regen while the cost of spectal throw is at 21ish with under 0.4 cast speed. So plenty left to regen if hit.

This being said whith the attack speed scaling my single target damage source, Heavy Strike, went very very high, well considering that I use 1h + shield I would say the dmg is max. 30% under the 2h build.

Gain is very good, Molten Shell + Enduring Cry means a lot of defensive abilities.

ps: Using a BM Gem requires a minimum of 4S4L but I wouldn't use it unless a 5L tbh to have at least: Spectral Throw (G) + Added Fire Damage (R) + Faster Projectiles (G) + Lesser Multiple Projectile (G) and now add the 5th to be Blood Magic (R). A possible 6th could be Melee Physical Damage (R).

Melee physical damage doesn't work with Spectral Throw,

1 - Spectral Throw
2 - Lesser Multiple Projectiles
3 - Added Fire Damage
4 - Blood Magic
5 - Life Gain on Hit (Not Leech)
6 - Faster Attacks or Faster Projectiles (Attacks might be better if it lets you get 1 more cast out before leaping behind another pack to shotgun a target).
Hello OP,

I like the idea behind your build but wanted to point out that the links for your leveling builds ( the 25 and 40 points one to be exact ) are broken or not linked properly.

Hopefully you can fix those up.

-eX
Bump.
"
exodusonfire wrote:
Hello OP,

I like the idea behind your build but wanted to point out that the links for your leveling builds ( the 25 and 40 points one to be exact ) are broken or not linked properly.

Hopefully you can fix those up.

-eX

I fixed them, the issue is that I used the code tags incorrectly as if they were made for Reddit.
Im no an lvl 61 Spetral Throw Scion with a big Axe, and the gameplay is impressive :)

Now i have
and its going amazing ^^

THX for this cool Guide
"
Aphaiton wrote:
Im no an lvl 61 Spetral Throw Scion with a big Axe, and the gameplay is impressive :)

Now i have
and its going amazing ^^

THX for this cool Guide

I'm glad you're enjoying it, that's one of the better axes for the build however I'm sure we will eventually see Rare Two Handed Axes that surpass it which we'll be able to mirror. Keep up the good work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info