Cast when Damage Taken

Please change the counter from a static value like 400, to a value that is proportion of the sum of life/es/...etc, where the proportion gets smaller as you level.

e.g. something like this. (not exactly balanced, the main point is the reduced cumulative as you level up)
Someone with 1000 life. Lv 1 = cumulative 800 taken. Lv 20 = cumulative 400 taken
Someone with 5000 life. Lv 1 = cumulative 4000 taken. Lv 20 = cumulative 2000 taken

Everyday I drown in my sorrow of having leveled my CWDT gem.
Why can't Cast when Damage Taken work with Righteous Fire?

A person useing RF is constantly taking high amounts of damage, even with regeneration.

If you think about it, it's one of the only builds that can utilize a high level cwdt gem consistently.
I haven't thought of the possibilities yet, but I imagine I could theoretically run a high level Molten Shell that's always on.
It would synergize well with a RF build already because of fire damage. Now that I think about it, could also run FireStorm on yourself constantly, because you would be the source of your damage.
Could also use other elements like Ice Nova, to constantly trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

Idk if this is borderline OP or not.....

edit: the only other way I can think of is adding another similar gem, is "Cast on Delay". Where it would trigger after X seconds.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Oct 3, 2014, 9:18:59 PM
"
Hixxie wrote:
Why can't Cast when Damage Taken work with Righteous Fire?

Because CwDT counts Damage, and RF deals Damage over Time.
It'd also be stupid broken if it did count DoT.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 5, 2014, 6:37:50 AM
Technical question, not about the stats/cooldows etc. of the gem. I have read the wiki page and all that.

Multiple CWDT gems, all SAME LEVEL, linked to skills with 0 cooldown natively (so CWDT's cooldown is the ONLY one that applies in this scenario), each on a different item. What order will they trigger in? What are the rules by which that order is determined?

I have tested having 3 lvl 1 CWDT's in use simultaneusly, 1 in armor, 1 in gloves, 1 in boots. Which triggers 1st, 2nd, 3rd is constant with a specific layout of the gems in the items, but changes when those gems are re-arranged within the item, as well as between items.

And so far I have not figured out the rules by which the game decides which CWDT triggers first, it pretty much seems arbitrary. I will stress however that it is constant, not random, if I leave the gems where they are it will trigger in exactly the same order every times for a dozen casts.

So if anyone knows or has the resources to test this more comprehensively, that would help, I only have 3 CWDT's atm to test with so ya. Also any dev's that happen to read this and can just look at the source code for the answer that'd be cool of you too.

Thanks for reading :)
Looked through that link, then tested what it said about the item order. Long story short, it is not that simple as a hard and fast, body armor -> gloves -> boots, trigger order.

It also (and i remember this is what kept perplexing me yesterday) depends on where within the item the spell is slotted, and where the CWDT is slotted, because atm i have a setup where the spell in my body armor triggers last. If I move the CWDT that is in my boots (and nothing else) then I can get the boots to trigger last.

Based on that, I can probably use trial and error to get the result I want with the build I wanna make, but I'd prefer having as much information as possible before is all. The more you know, and all that.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Anytime you change a skill (such as levelling a gem), that skill is actually being removed and recreated differently, so it will lose any counted damage at that time.

So what this means is that, if the damage counters get out of sync in my CWDT cluster; I should un-equip the item I've socketed it in, and then re-equip it to reset the counters? A viable workaround makes this much less of a problem.
Last edited by Pixative on Oct 28, 2014, 7:58:11 PM
does cwdt and vaal molten shell work?
is there any list out there which vaal gems are working with cwdt?

thx!
"
Heroofexile wrote:
does cwdt and vaal molten shell work?
is there any list out there which vaal gems are working with cwdt?

thx!
vaal gems no longer work with trigger gems period. changing to a half an half (or certain gems) sort of situation would only cause (more) confusion. previously it was causing waste of skill uses (roughly reported 70% of the time) when they we triggered.
quick question, was using cast when damage taken with molten shell in this item and everything was working fine

then i changed to this item and the skill stop working

i think i can understand the logic, molten shell got +2 skill levels from the item and with it surpass cast when damage taken lv but why is this happening? the atributes and lv of molten shell never changed.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Nov 1, 2014, 11:38:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info